Star Wars Episode 7, set 30 years after ROTJ..

Wolfninjajedi

Erm, this is like the oldest news regarding the new movies that there is lol. :p

Seriously though I'm pretty sure it was announced months or weeks after the Disney buy off.

It is? What?...When? Article was just posted confirmation. I don't recall anything about them stating about anything of when the movies were gonna take place, all I just kept seeing was speculation.

But if it's already been posted of and such then...well sorry for posting old news, thought it was new.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It is? What?...When? Article was just posted confirmation. I don't recall anything about them stating about anything of when the movies were gonna take place, all I just kept seeing was speculation.

But if it's already been posted of and such then...well sorry for posting old news, thought it was new.

Yeah they are basically just reiterating the only thing they have told us for sure so far lol. :D

Anyway though its a legitimate discussion. Legacy era is probably too far but I think it opens up the possibility of retaining New Republic, and immediate post-Endor era and then scrapping the NJO.

The biggest thing to take away from the recent announcements is that filming is still slated to start May and they seem to be staying on schedule so far.

But yeah Wolf, the time-period for these movies has been known nearly since episode VII was announced.

As for Beni, I think it is more than likely we'll see some iteration of a New Republic but I'm curious if there will still be an Imperial Remnant and if so, what role it plays (bad guy / enemy of my enemy / reluctant ally / etc...) so many options there, assuming it is present at all.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Yeah they are basically just reiterating the only thing they have told us for sure so far lol. :D

Anyway though its a legitimate discussion. Legacy era is probably too far but I think it opens up the possibility of retaining New Republic, and immediate post-Endor era and then scrapping the NJO.

Oh...well now I feel silly. :o

dumb questions here

I never read the Star Wars books because im not mucha reader

so if anyone can be so kind to answer my questions (might be dumb)

so im guess Han and leaia get it on and have children .. i gather thye will have an affinity to the force

Luc i guess would start a new Jedi Order but from how isaw him in the movies he's moved into the grey of the force

so is that how he'd teach the new jedi

also did luc get married to since ive read in places he has a kid that went to the dark side.

where are the sith in all this?

Edited by Mounds
spelling

dumb questions here

I never read the Star Wars books because im not mucha reader

so if anyone can be so kind to answer my questions (might be dumb)

so im guess Han and leaia get it on and have children .. i gather thye will have an affinity to the force

Luc i guess would start a new Jedi Order but from how isaw him in the movies he's moved into the grey of the force

so is that how he'd teach the new jedi

also did luc get married to since ive read in places he has a kid that went to the dark side.

where are the sith in all this?

Yes, Han and Leia have three children, Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin. Anakin died in the Vong invasion and Jaina killed Jacen when he turned to the Dark Side as Darth Caedus.

Yes he did start a new Jedi Order. He hasn't become any more gray, just older and wiser. He has fallen to the darkside or very close to it a few times but each time he comes back stronger in the light. It is also worth noting that he doesn't hold to the strict principles of the old Jedi Order but is more interested in ensuring jedi do things for the right reasons instead of because they were told to do and not do certain things.

Luke did have a son, but Ben never turned, you're probably thinking of Han and Leia's son Jacen who became Darth Caedus.

And Luke did get married to Mara Jade, Palpatine's personal assassin and henchwoman also known as the Emperor's Hand. They had a son named Ben Skywalker. Mara died at Caedus's hands during the Legacy series of books.

And at this point the Sith are extinct. Remember, after the Rule of Two culminated in Vader and Sidious (the only two sith) and they both died, the sith no longer existed. Eventually, some dark force users would claim the title of Sith Lord but Luke would tend to slap each one down. Eventually a group of Sith who'd been stranded on a deserted planet for thousands of years returned to the galaxy, and beyond that a group called the One Sith who'd been in hiding since the Rebellion era both tried to seize power with various levels of success.

I hope they will keep everything in canon up until 30 ABY. I understand the necessity of retconning a part of following period, but they shouldn't exclude the New Republic era and NJO. Show some respect to the coherent universe itself and to the fans of it..

I hope they will keep everything in canon up until 30 ABY. I understand the necessity of retconning a part of following period, but they shouldn't exclude the New Republic era and NJO. Show some respect to the coherent universe itself and to the fans of it..

Unfortunately that means they'd have to work around all the events, death, and changes in the galaxy up to that point. It'd be a continuity mess and I doubt they'd be able to tell the story they want to.

I think they will retcon it all after Episode VI, but until we're closer to release we won't know so everything is on the table. I'm excited to see what's new and sad about the passing of probably my favorite era but till then I'll enjoy what I have.

I have a feeling Episode 7 will be the Chernobyl of the franchise. For one,DISNEY has final say in it, two J.J Abrams, the guy who not only killed Star Trek but managed to completely ruin KHAN is directing and three, going that far ahead skips a lot of the very important things that happen in the period between ROTJ and 30 years after that, it will be confusing and just be terrible. On a personal note, I say J.J Abrams hates Sci-fi and is purposefully bribing people to direct remakes or expansions of the best Sci-fi classics just to ruin next. First ST now SW. I wonder whats next..?

I understand the necessity of retconning a part of following period, but they shouldn't exclude the New Republic era and NJO. Show some respect to the coherent universe itself and to the fans of it..

or better yet,

don't

Edited by Kaedusz