Nvidia question

FrozenRage

Phenom II X4 945

8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

GTX560 Ti

Runs the game around 40..50 fps (with random dips to 30...40) with all settings but AA turned high in game and AA forced to 8xS through driver. No problems with over heating since I have fps limiter set to 50, so the card can rest (cool down) while all the processing power isnt needed for smooth experience.

So I bought the game finally yesterday after getting paid this week and taking care of some bills. Anyways I installed it on my computer and boot it up and the game is running really low fps. I set all the graphics down to low, turned off anti-aliasing and turned down the trees and grass below 25% each. I also turned off shadows which seemed to help greatly. My question is after reading a few threads I came across it seems to be the general agreement from those threads that it is something to do with Nvidia graphics cards. I've ran WoW fine for a couple years and BF3 isn't an issue. So I was wondering if changing the graphics card to a different brand would help? I was also thinking of just building a new computer but need to save the money up for that first. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i'm using a beta driver and it runs good 290.53 something like that.

Heres a good graph for deciding on nvidia cards. but should research it on final purchase.

Thanks for the link, yea im researching now to decide. Probably gonna build a computer in the next month or two. For now I'm fine using what I got simply because I'm enjoying the story line in the start area. Thanks everyone for all the great advice and help. Thanks!!!:D