Group Finder - "Old" operations

I'm sorry I'm a casual player..by casual im mean I don't like guilds and joining planned events.

I join the game and place myself on Group finder and now that I hit lvl 55, I can't join the "old" operations normally and have to find players. This is backwords thinking.

I don't understand why bioware just doesn't create a seperate tier of lvl 50's operations as the "hardmodes" are still there.

I don't just hang out in fleet /general for groups...I have stuff to do like dailies, gree events.. binocular quest etc.

Im sure the majority of players want this...maybe except the guilds and "elitist".

What's really odd about this whole thing is that they gave us the Classic Operations weekly mission for running the lvl 50 Ops on hardmode, which rewards elite and ultimate comms. This implies that they still want lvl 55s to run these operations, so I have no idea why we can't queue for them in the GF. It's especially strange because we can still queue for the lvl 50 FPs on both HM and SM. The end result is an endless stream of groups spamming gen chat on fleet looking for HM KP and EV.

I would really like to see the lvl 50 HM Ops added to the GF at lvl 55. Well, at least HM EV and KP. Even at lvl 55, I'm not sure I'd trust a bunch of pugs to make it through the mechanics of HM EC in one piece.

You are wrong, majority of players do not want this. Why would you join old flashpoint using group finder when you can most likely solo it, unless of course it is Colicoid Games fp

GF will select flashpoint for you, if you chose many options it will not necessary select the one you wish. By reducing number of options GF does increase the chance of finding a group.

if you are level 55 or 50 lower level players may not wish to have you in their group at all, and why would they.

You want to play it find the group yourself, or just run through it alone.

Edited by ELRunninW

GF will select flashpoint for you, if you chose many options it will not necessary select the one you wish. By reducing number of options GF does increase the chance of finding a group.
You understand that you can already queue only for the ones you wish by deselecting them, right?

As for being able to find a group, how about a queue list, so you can see which FPs/OPs are being queued for, and you can join one that fits your needs. And being able to solo is easily fixed by a 'reverse bolster', e.g. just cap your level and abilities to whatever the flashpoints maximum is.

I'm in a situation where I was level 55 when I finished the main story and hadn't done any operations. After finishing Corellia, I figured I'd try operations next. Got the quests and opened group finder only to find that most were unavailable. I can still queue for level 50 regular flashpoints so why not operations?. I suppose my alternative is to find a larger guild. My current one has maybe 2 people on at any one time. I have no interest in running operations over and over. I just want to be able to try all the content that I paid for without a lot of hassle.

Step 1 -- go to fleet

Step 2 -- Type /1 LFG HM EV/KP for weekly, PST

So I'm supposed to stay on the fleet until I find a group instead of working on dailies or doing anything else beside waiting and waiting...? :rolleyes:

Edited by DefaultMeh

So I'm supposed to stay on the fleet until I find a group instead of working on dailies or doing anything else beside waiting and waiting...? :rolleyes:

yep.

this could be eliminated if chat channels where global. also with mmos that have such global channels a group finder isnt in them too. crazy isnt it.

Yes, conveniently enough you get into the instance from fleet as well, exciting right? Or you do it with people you know, you can 4-man HM EV/KP as it stands.

As/for dailies, I don't do em anyway, get my money from crafting and HM TFB/SAV clears. It generally takes me about 25-30 mins to get a group together, which is less time than it takes for my 55 HM FP queue to pop generally.

What's really odd about this whole thing is that they gave us the Classic Operations weekly mission for running the lvl 50 Ops on hardmode, which rewards elite and ultimate comms. This implies that they still want lvl 55s to run these operations, so I have no idea why we can't queue for them in the GF. It's especially strange because we can still queue for the lvl 50 FPs on both HM and SM. The end result is an endless stream of groups spamming gen chat on fleet looking for HM KP and EV.

I would really like to see the lvl 50 HM Ops added to the GF at lvl 55. Well, at least HM EV and KP. Even at lvl 55, I'm not sure I'd trust a bunch of pugs to make it through the mechanics of HM EC in one piece.

Actually, if you have people of average 55 endgame gear, HM EC is doable by even groups that have no idea what they are doing (it just takes a little longer).

Several of you seem to have gotten off topic, not everyone, but a few, fps at 50 are not what was asked, the original question asked about group finder including HM EV/KP etc into them at 55, regardless as to whether this can be done as a 4 man, its been proven that eg EV SM can be 4maned in old rakata gear, but regardless, im inclined to think it should be in group finder at 55, even just for convenience as to not needing to stand round on fleet spamming chat and hoping to find a group. For those of you comfortable with taking that approach, then good for you but I question if you understand that society is built by those with money for convenience sake, and this game is no different, the group finder tool is an example of this.

this could be eliminated if chat channels where global.

On Dalborra we have /Endgame chat, which is a custom chat channel that was made and promoted by various people. It can be used for organising Ops, amongst other things. Someone on your server (if not you, maybe a prominent person or guild) could do the same and with some time and promotion (on the server forum, General chat on Fleet and Dailies planets), you should have a large number of people /cjoin it.

On topic, I would agree that Level 55s should be able to queue for Level 50 Ops.

Actually, if you have people of average 55 endgame gear, HM EC is doable by even groups that have no idea what they are doing (it just takes a little longer).

Must still get stuck on firebrand and stormcaller, even high geared 55s

^^^^ This.

I've been DPS'ing and then Tanking HM EC with two different Guilds (one Republic, one Imperial) for the last month or so. My Pub group got through it in three goes over one week, thanks in large part to clueful DPS who had cleared it before, then cleared it in one night our second go around. The Imperial group beat itself bloody on Firebrand and Stormcaller over the course of three different weeks before finally getting past them, because it requires every player knowing the special tactics for their role and then executing them well enough if not perfectly. I lost count of how many attempts we made against them Imp-side before finally beat them.

And, yes, all but one of us were Level 55 and everyone was at gear rating or better.

Edited by AlixMV

If you're not meant to do old content you wouldn't have the option to queue for level 50 hard mode flashpoints. So I'm not sure why people would even argue against the ability to queue up for level 50 hard mode (and story mode) operations at level 55. Of course the ability should be there.

• 2 weeks later...