Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Scoundrel + Operative

TaitWatson

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, Sawbones healing was too good during Rise of the Hutt Cartel, so players of the discipline should brace themselves for a rebalancing that might seem a bit extreme. While it might seem extreme, this rebalancing is only aimed to bring Scoundrel healing down to a level that allows other healers to be more competitive and prevents Scoundrel healing from trivializing PvE content that is meant to be challenging.

RIP OP Ops, I'll miss you... :(

Edited by Jerba

With two of Concealments hard hitting abilities are being taken away (Hidden Strike and Explosive Probe) I really hope that the dev team is making the replacement abilities strong enough to make up for lost damage, otherwise we might as well all re-roll Assassins. Additionally, with Hidden Strike gone, it might be a good time to lower the cooldown of Backstab to the original 8 seconds instead of 12, given that we are going to have a gap twice as long as it used to be between the first two Acid Blade applications that are quite critical in a PvP situation. The ‘Assailable’ debuff also seems like a questionable boon right now and it might have been better to buff our tech damage instead, but perhaps the upcoming live stream will shed some light onto that.

All in all, it would be interesting to hear why these changes are being made in the first place, especially seeing as our counterpart stealth class is not being changed too much, or at least did not have its hardest hitting abilities taken away. Hopefully all this is accounted for and it will not be another thoughtless nerf that will drive the class into the ground for another year.

Evasive Screen: When activated, Cloaking Screen grants 2 seconds of Evasion.

Does this provide the full effects of the Evasion skill, including DOT purge, or just the defensive bonus of Evasion? I'm hoping it's the full effect so we no longer have to blow our purge before using Cloaking Screen, but I would like clarification.

With two of Concealments hard hitting abilities are being taken away (Hidden Strike and Explosive Probe) I really hope that the dev team is making the replacement abilities strong enough to make up for lost damage, otherwise we might as well all re-roll Assassins. Additionally, with Hidden Strike gone, it might be a good time to lower the cooldown of Backstab to the original 8 seconds instead of 12, given that we are going to have a gap twice as long as it used to be between the first two Acid Blade applications that are quite critical in a PvP situation.

I agree. I think taking out two will just knock back the balance that Bioware seems to be aiming for, placing Concealment Operatives at a huge disadvantage when compared to the changes being made to other classes. I hope the livestream gives more insight into how they think these changes will still have Concealment Operatives as a competitive class, because right now, I'm not seeing it.

So for my Scoundrel healer, you are:

Nerfing healing so he'll be less useful in Operations and PvP

Nerfing his burst damage in PvP (removing Shoot First and Sabotage Charge)

What exactly should I be looking forward to?

Not your burst damage.. Only your Acid Blade uptime after coming out of stealth. Backstab will do as much damage as Hidden Blade and grant TA when you're opening from stealth.

BioWare blog: "Skedaddle: When activated, Disappearing Act grants 2 seconds of Dodge."

Will this work like the roll dodge/evasion activation in the old Scrapper/Concealment tree or will it actually work like dodge/evasion should work (like a purge for dots). Because when you say dots will be uncleansable that is not even close to the truth, not at the live server and not in 3.0. Dodge/evasion do not help you (on live server) if you activate it through the skill you learn in the Scrapper/Concealment tree more than its melee/ranged 100% defensive.

Please make this clear, what dodge/evasion will do.

Not your burst damage.. Only your Acid Blade uptime after coming out of stealth. Backstab will do as much damage as Hidden Blade and grant TA when you're opening from stealth.

So my typical (while specced sawbones) burst is Shoot First ->Back Blast -> (crouch) Sabotage Charge.

If they are removing two of those abilities, how is my burst not nerfed?

I cannot express how disappointed I am that we are going to lose our beautiful Flechette Round reloading animation, but I'm hoping it will be made up for by new, equally wonderful animations.

I'm very disappointed as well. Along with the loss of Freighter Flyby, it's like they're actually trying to remove anything cool or fun from Scoundrels. :(

So we're losing the damage and healing boost for having a stack of Upper Hand, which means a 5% cut to our healing and dps across the board. I can understand that they think sawbones is too good, but are we damage dealers going to get anything to make up for that? That's a massive nerf if not. And beyond just the numbers, it also gets rid of what's truly unique about our class. What incentive do we have to maintain stacks of Upper Hand, instead of just generating them when we need them?

Tactical Advantage RNG bs is still here and still on melee range... Thanks for sever tendon, but damn, i hate Tactical Advantage. :(

What I am wondering is, if you get this, what about shanking shot? Do you shank shot and tendon blast? May not be so bad since they do slightly different things with them on different CDs. Still, I've been more of a fan of DF lately so I'll probably stick with that if I still can have my free kolto pack

EDIT: Oh and we need the brace yourself meme for sawbones right in the blog.

Edited by Technohic