Money across legacy!

saremun

Hi everyone and BW!

I really love this legacy storage because know i can have my crafting mats in it with out the need to switch between many different characters to see what i have and what i don`t.

I wonder if we can have the same thing for credits so that its more like one account across all characters and one balance?

any word about that from BW?

Give them a hand, they'll take your whole arm.

Not saying people can't make more suggestions to improve, but silly things like this and "GIVE MORE LEGACY SLOTS" aren't very constructive to me. Legacy banks are soooo awesome, but it's taken only a week for people to complain that it's not good enough. Need moar!

How would this work for the F2P players by the way OP, with the credit limit?

Edited by AesirUesugi

That would certainly be convenient, but I'd imagine there'd be technical problems due to the different credit caps that subscribers, preferred and free-to-play accounts have.

For example, free-to-play accounts are only permitted to have a maximum of $250K on a character. Does that mean their consolidated legacy bank balance also is only permitted to have a maximum of $250K in it if all their characters have $0 balances? If you permitted a free-to-play account's legacy bank balance to hold more than $250K then you've just circumvented a major restriction in the game, and one of the primary motivating factors for players to become subscribers.

If consolidating credits is only permitted as a legacy bank feature for subscribers, what happens when a subscriber's account with $400K in their legacy bank flips over to free-to-play when a subscription lapses? Does the $400K get escrowed, thereby potentially locking away that player's entire credit balance? Does $250K of the balance get allocated out to one character and $150K to another character? Is the balance divided evenly between all characters? Free-to-play accounts cannot mail credits between characters, so the division of consolidated credits would be a major issue.

Seems a totally fair suggestion and I think a lot of players would welcome Legacy credit storage. I certainly would. Managing credits across a range of alts can be a chore and it would be a nice QoL improvement to be able to create a Legacy fund.

The F2P credit cap is an issue though. But not impossible to solve. it can be made subscriber only to place credits. Then if the subscriber lapses into preferred status the Legacy bank would go into Escrow. Any characters that are subsequently activated and below the personal 350k credit limit could top up from the Legacy bank on a one time basis, on first log in as preferred.

That would certainly be convenient, but I'd imagine there'd be technical problems due to the different credit caps that subscribers, preferred and free-to-play accounts have.

For example, free-to-play accounts are only permitted to have a maximum of $250K on a character. Does that mean their consolidated legacy bank balance also is only permitted to have a maximum of $250K in it if all their characters have $0 balances? If you permitted a free-to-play account's legacy bank balance to hold more than $250K then you've just circumvented a major restriction in the game, and one of the primary motivating factors for players to become subscribers.

If consolidating credits is only permitted as a legacy bank feature for subscribers, what happens when a subscriber's account with $400K in their legacy bank flips over to free-to-play when a subscription lapses? Does the $400K get escrowed, thereby potentially locking away that player's entire credit balance? Does $250K of the balance get allocated out to one character and $150K to another character? Is the balance divided evenly between all characters? Free-to-play accounts cannot mail credits between characters, so the division of consolidated credits would be a major issue.

Make it a Subscriber-only perk. We do pay a sub every month, should be worth some conveniences that weren't in at launch. ;)

If a sub lapses, the credits that would not be escrowed are accessed on the first character that logs in...

Edited by arunav

Cap it at the caps that exist today.

If its F2P, the max that could go into the Legacy Credit would be the F2P Cap... the other legacy characters wouldn't be able to donate more, and the legacy character looking to withdraw is capped at how many credits their personal bank can hold... so if they try to withdraw more than they are allowed to hold on any character at one time... this withdraw is just negated with a little popup.

Seems pretty straight forward.

In lieu of that, I'd definitely /sign a Sub only perk.

Do you share bank accounts in Real Life? Right now for subs it's like RL. You can send credits back and forth, including between factions. CCs, on the other hand, are exactly like you want, available account wide. Seems to me you want to make it less lifelike. I don't see a good reason to do it.

You cannot, by definition, have characters from different account types in the same legacy. Set the legacy bank cap equal to the applicable character cap for the status of the account. Problem solved.

Give them a hand, they'll take your whole arm.

Not saying people can't make more suggestions to improve, but silly things like this and "GIVE MORE LEGACY SLOTS" aren't very constructive to me. Legacy banks are soooo awesome, but it's taken only a week for people to complain that it's not good enough. Need moar!

How would this work for the F2P players by the way OP, with the credit limit?

Maybe because the amount of potential it had was relegated to just being glorified storage for crafters? Its almost completely useless for everyone else.

Maybe because the amount of potential it had was relegated to just being glorified storage for crafters? Its almost completely useless for everyone else.

I use it to send gear one toon bought off to GTN to another. Usually CM gear that the other would be more suited for and wouldn't take up space in the first's storage.

Send gear, comp gifts, mods...

Make legacy bank a subscriber-only feature. Problem solved.

Meh, why even allow access to Galactic Strongholds for f2p and preferred if this answer keeps popping up? Tighten the noose a little more...why not?

What does that have to do with it? :t_confused:

Let them have strongholds and legacy storage and all that. Just don't allow legacy bank to save dev time and effort and add another incentive to actually sub to the game.

Do you share bank accounts in Real Life? Right now for subs it's like RL. You can send credits back and forth, including between factions. CCs, on the other hand, are exactly like you want, available account wide. Seems to me you want to make it less lifelike. I don't see a good reason to do it.

I do share a bank account in real life. I also slice down my enemies with my lightsaber. Leaping to them from 30 meters, landing 10 meters away from them, and running the final distance as they try to slow and impede my progress towards them with an array of magic.

Are you for realz? Yes, I share bank accounts in real life. With my "legacy," no less. There are three different people that I share accounts with, across 4 different accounts. One account is shared with two other people, and we can each deposit or take money as we see fit.

How is legacy bank less realistic again?

Meh, why even allow access to Galactic Strongholds for f2p and preferred if this answer keeps popping up? Tighten the noose a little more...why not?

IMO I feel that F2P should be way more restrictive than it is right now. For a lot of people there is almost zero reason to ever subscribe, especially pvpers. I have several friends that purchase the weekly passes with credits for both pve and pvp and haven't paid a sub in months. At that point why bother having a hybrid system?

Seems a totally fair suggestion and I think a lot of players would welcome Legacy credit storage. I certainly would. Managing credits across a range of alts can be a chore and it would be a nice QoL improvement to be able to create a Legacy fund.

The F2P credit cap is an issue though. But not impossible to solve. it can be made subscriber only to place credits. Then if the subscriber lapses into preferred status the Legacy bank would go into Escrow. Any characters that are subsequently activated and below the personal 350k credit limit could top up from the Legacy bank on a one time basis, on first log in as preferred.

Unless I am mistaken, even preferred players are restricted from transferring credits between characters.

If they make it a subscriber only perk, then what happens when a player drops to preferred and has credits in the bank? If they allow any character to withdraw credits, that would allow the complete bypassing of the restriction against transferring credits.

Are you going to suggest that BW track exactly how many credits a given character deposits into a legacy credit storage in order to ensure that any given character can only withdraw as many credits as they deposited if an account goes to preferred?

Do you also suggest that BW keep a running balance of exactly how many credits each character still has in legacy credit storage in case character A deposits 100K credits, character B deposits 1000K credits and then character A withdraws 100K credits before going to preferred status? In this case character A would effectively have no credits in legacy credit storage, having withdrawn the 100K he deposited.

Hi everyone and BW!

I really love this legacy storage because know i can have my crafting mats in it with out the need to switch between many different characters to see what i have and what i don`t.

I wonder if we can have the same thing for credits so that its more like one account across all characters and one balance?

any word about that from BW?

+1 support /signed

Really? So because you fail to see how it would be a QOL improvement for subs we shouldn't do it? Do you share all your stuff with your family? Then we should totally scrap legacy storage since its not lifelike.

Unless I am mistaken, even preferred players are restricted from transferring credits between characters.

If they make it a subscriber only perk, then what happens when a player drops to preferred and has credits in the bank? If they allow any character to withdraw credits, that would allow the complete bypassing of the restriction against transferring credits.

Are you going to suggest that BW track exactly how many credits a given character deposits into a legacy credit storage in order to ensure that any given character can only withdraw as many credits as they deposited if an account goes to preferred?

Do you also suggest that BW keep a running balance of exactly how many credits each character still has in legacy credit storage in case character A deposits 100K credits, character B deposits 1000K credits and then character A withdraws 100K credits before going to preferred status? In this case character A would effectively have no credits in legacy credit storage, having withdrawn the 100K he deposited.

Little box that pops up when you make a deposit.

WARNING The shared legacy credit bank is intended for subscribers only. If you change your account status to preferred you will not have access to any of the funds you put into the legacy credit bank until you change back to subscriber status. Any attempt to contact customer service to have them bypass this feature will result in having your legacy bank set to 0 for wasting our time.

Problem solved.

Edited by HelinCarnate