Thanks Bioware- PvP is looking better!

Genttry

I Mini venting done, resume bashing OP.

No no, you misunderstand. The OP (me) isn't bashing anything. I'm applauding 2.0, or at least most of it. Or did you mean something else like "resume bashing the original poster?" Scotland, can you help me out on this one? You have a better grasp on the written language, or at least you make me think you do friend!

edit: Back to the topic- SWTOR PvP as an E-sport post 2.0 changes with a more leveled playing field! How about 3 v 3? What do you think of that? Or 5 v 5?

Edited by Genttry

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That can be said the same for PVE. PVE should be about skill and knowing your class and I should be bolstered to be able to run all ops. My point is this PVE gear should never be better than pvp gear in wz and pvp gear should never be better than PVE gear in ops.

Pvp gear is not better than pve gear nor is pve gear better than pvp gear in their respected areas of gameplay. Assuming that bolster works as intended.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

No no, you misunderstand. The OP (me) isn't bashing anything. I'm applauding 2.0, or at least most of it. Or did you mean something else like "resume bashing the original poster?" Scotland, can you help me out on this one? You have a better grasp on the written language, or at least you make me think you do friend!

edit: Back to the topic- SWTOR PvP as an E-sport post 2.0 changes with a more leveled playing field! How about 3 v 3? What do you think of that? Or 5 v 5?

No thank you.

If you want small scale arena type matches, there is always lolWoW or even DCUO.

SWTOR has E-sport already, unless you did not understand me the first time, it's called Ranked.

I'm also pretty sure, that the poster you quoted was referring to everyone calling you out for a horrible thread. I mean, it took you 3 posts before anyone replied to you. Does this not tell you something?

Edited by Scotland

No thank you.

If you want small scale arena type matches, there is always lolWoW or even DCUO.

SWTOR has E-sport already, unless you did not understand me the first time, it's called Ranked.

I'm also pretty sure, that the poster you quoted was referring to everyone calling you out for a horrible thread. I mean, it took you 3 posts before anyone replied to you. Does this not tell you something?

Ah, ok Scotland- thanks for clearing up the meaning of that post. It's all so confusing!

And yes it did take three posts but it seems to have a lot of views and responses now. Sorry you don't like the 3v3 or 5v5 idea. Oh well. I was even starting to look forward to partnering with you friend! maybe we can catch up in what you call E-sport Ranked. I'll even heal you when you get low.

Thanks for continuing the discussion, Scot. Any more input is welcome.

Ah, ok Scotland- thanks for clearing up the meaning of that post. It's all so confusing!

And yes it did take three posts but it seems to have a lot of views and responses now. Sorry you don't like the 3v3 or 5v5 idea. Oh well. I was even starting to look forward to partnering with you friend! maybe we can catch up in what you call E-sport Ranked. I'll even heal you when you get low.

Thanks for continuing the discussion, Scot. Any more input is welcome.

I don't need your heals, brah.

I'm the best Operative healer on Prophecy of the Five server.

Come at me.

Your name on POT5?

Republic: Soulcaster Jinxer Siditious

Imperial: Kryptis

(are the easiest to contact me on)

I fought you in a few warzones the other day , both on my imperial and republic toons.

We haven't done rateds since 2.0 came out. We have lost some members, and are re-gearing and reworking getting a team together for ranked. We'll be back in it again soon likely. Though a competitive level will take some time.

EDIT:

we are recruiting republic bads, if anyone reading is interested in doing some ranked pvp. :)

Edited by SOULCASTER

I don't need your heals, brah.

I'm the best Operative healer on Prophecy of the Five server.

Come at me.

Oh snap. A healer who brings good grammar?

I can't really talk tough as a pvp'er in this game because the metrics are skethcy in my opinion. Do you play arenas in WoW? We can holler at each other on AJ forums if you are a gladiator. I'll post up and talk some smack. At least we can look at each other's accomplishments in arenas and stuff for smack talk.

Back to topic:

What does everyone else think of 3 v 3 or 5 v5 SWTOR pvp yo?

Edited by Genttry

Oh snap. A healer who brings good grammar?

I can't really talk tough as a pvp'er in this game because the metrics are skethcy in my opinion. Do you play arenas in WoW? We can holler at each other on AJ forums if you are a gladiator. I'll post up and talk some smack. At least we can look at each other's accomplishments in arenas and stuff for smack talk.

Back to topic:

What does everyone else think of 3 v 3 or 5 v5 SWTOR pvp yo?

Well before 2.0, I would have said things like 3v3 and 5v5 would just turn into the exact same classes fighting each other. As class balance was wonky at best. IE: commando and merc would have no place in it at all ever.

Now after 2.0, i dont have enough ranked experience to comment on what it would look like. I have no doubt some classes would again be excluded, but some of the changes like shielding, could mid things up.

Republic: Soulcaster Jinxer Siditious

Imperial: Kryptis

(are the easiest to contact me on)

I fought you in a few warzones the other day , both on my imperial and republic toons.

We haven't done rateds since 2.0 came out. We have lost some members, and are re-gearing and reworking getting a team together for ranked. We'll be back in it again soon likely. Though a competitive level will take some time.

Ok, well ill be honest with you here.

With regular warzones, not having a tank and/or the right amount of healers will hurt your team and if up against a team that does have a tank and/or the right amount of healers it is definitely goin to be rough, that i will not argue.

With ranked warzones, this does not become an issue, as long as you run tank/heal/dps within your team. This is where the balance should be, otherwise it would be totally pointless in even having ranked. All the ranked games ive had since 2.0 have been alot of fun with no balancing issues that i have seen yet!

I can understand how this can be frustrating to the regular warzone partaker. So maybe the only way around this without messing with coordinated Ranked matches would be to add some sort of group finder to reg warzones to make sure there is always goin to be the right classes/spec on the team(splitting into the 3 categories of dps/tank/heal). This would ultimately increase warzone wait times tho.

Something to think about?

Ok, well ill be honest with you here.

With regular warzones, not having a tank and/or the right amount of healers will hurt your team and if up against a team that does have a tank and/or the right amount of healers it is definitely goin to be rough, that i will not argue.

With ranked warzones, this does not become an issue, as long as you run tank/heal/dps within your team. This is where the balance should be, otherwise it would be totally pointless in even having ranked. All the ranked games ive had since 2.0 have been alot of fun with no balancing issues that i have seen yet!

I can understand how this can be frustrating to the regular warzone partaker. So maybe the only way around this without messing with coordinated Ranked matches would be to add some sort of group finder to reg warzones to make sure there is always goin to be the right classes/spec on the team(splitting into the 3 categories of dps/tank/heal). This would ultimately increase warzone wait times tho.

Something to think about?

Yeah there have been threads people have posted in the past talking about changing the warzones to group-finder queues, to ensure you dont load in with 6 tanks or matches with 5 healers, which sometimes happens. But like you said it would likely increase the queue times, ESPECIALLY for dps players. So sadly there is no fix.

I would agree though, the class balance does SEEM better with 2.0, vs what it was like. Though there are a few new pvp issues now to balance.

I can't agree with OP.

I'll note that I'm of the crowd that prefers to have no gear disparity, like in GW2, and would prefer a cosmetics only method. Though, I do not mind gear that gives bonuses either, provided they aren't extreme and the grind to get competitive gear isn't overwhelming.

That said- that's not what we got this patch, and that's not why people are mad.

We got a mess- between crafting missions not working correctly, wealthy missions that give less than abundants, naked bolster, expertise gear screwing bolster, old expertise gear being stripped of stats, pve gear being better and people taking mods or augments out of gear in order to gain bonuses over people who are in what should be min/max'd gear.

This isn't about fair play, or balanced pvp- this is about this patch being an utter mess. Games shouldn't be a jumble where things literally randomly buff your stats up- there needs to be logic and straight forwardness enough that someone can figure out 'if I add a mod with crit on it, I'll get more crit'.

I don't think this should need to be explained, but somehow there's people here who don't get that and just say 'ha, no more gear difference, no more crutch lulz!!' that's not the issue at all. Worst part is- this is what everyone looking at this xpac, which was seen by many as this game's chance to save it's reputation, is showcasing to everyone watching.

Not good at all.

Well before 2.0, I would have said things like 3v3 and 5v5 would just turn into the exact same classes fighting each other. As class balance was wonky at best. IE: commando and merc would have no place in it at all ever.

Now after 2.0, i dont have enough ranked experience to comment on what it would look like. I have no doubt some classes would again be excluded, but some of the changes like shielding, could mid things up.

I agree. I think that a smaller scale battle like 3 v 3 may provide a better venue for the less-admired classes to find good comps to synergize with. I'd love to give it a shot, though. Thanks for the reply!

I agree. I think that a smaller scale battle like 3 v 3 may provide a better venue for the less-admired classes to find good comps to synergize with. I'd love to give it a shot, though. Thanks for the reply!

Well here is the thing. I am all for NEW FORMS OF PVP in this game. As I personally get sick of the 8v8 warzones. Especially the regs, where you are forced to basically pug witih a bunch of window lickers. And the ranked pvp isn't much better because there is no ladder system. So its just new to maybe experience teams going up against ELITE teams over and over. So yeah, that gets old fast too. Which leaves us with....oh yeah, no other form of pvp.

So im all for them implementing things liek 3v3 and 5v5s. Even if i ended up not liking them, at least it would be new. People can always choose to opt out of doing them.

So as long as they didn't make those new 3v3 and 5v5 MANDATORY, because of some reward system or something, i'd be all for trying something new.

We got a mess- between crafting missions not working correctly, wealthy missions that give less than abundants, naked bolster, expertise gear screwing bolster, old expertise gear being stripped of stats, pve gear being better and people taking mods or augments out of gear in order to gain bonuses over people who are in what should be min/max'd gear.

The only thing worth mentioning here is the bolster system not being perfect atm. The fact that some crafting missions don't work properly or that wealthy missions are bugged is not game-breaking. So is this patch a mess? Nope. But the patch's implementation on live servers brought its share of bugs that will be fixed eventually. Being hysterical (not you but several people from the pvp sect) will not fix the bug faster.

The only thing worth mentioning here is the bolster system not being perfect atm. The fact that some crafting missions don't work properly or that wealthy missions are bugged is not game-breaking. So is this patch a mess? Nope. But the patch's implementation on live servers brought its share of bugs that will be fixed eventually. Being hysterical (not you but several people from the pvp sect) will not fix the bug faster.

Very true

Well here is the thing. I am all for NEW FORMS OF PVP in this game. As I personally get sick of the 8v8 warzones. Especially the regs, where you are forced to basically pug witih a bunch of window lickers. And the ranked pvp isn't much better because there is no ladder system. So its just new to maybe experience teams going up against ELITE teams over and over. So yeah, that gets old fast too. Which leaves us with....oh yeah, no other form of pvp.

So im all for them implementing things liek 3v3 and 5v5s. Even if i ended up not liking them, at least it would be new. People can always choose to opt out of doing them.

So as long as they didn't make those new 3v3 and 5v5 MANDATORY, because of some reward system or something, i'd be all for trying something new.

Roger, I hear you loud and clear. New is good. Some other people even mentioned they would like it as long as it isn't the only path to top-end gear.

Edited by Genttry

Couldn't agree more. Now that I have Partisan gear and I know no one in the open world under 54 can even touch me, I'm having loads of fun filling my player kill achievements and class kill achievements by ganking level 26s on Tatooine.

Thanks for the incentivized PKing. :D

not trying to be negative, but to be honest, it's hard to tell whether or not you're being sarcastic, because the general consensus is that bolster basically killed pvp permanently in this game. Those who are saying that bolster is great are just trolling...

Bolster has effectively removed the gear grind (and gap) from PvP. While this pisses off a lot of forum warriors, keep in mind that they represent a very small and vocal minority of the overall player base. At least on my server, PvP has a ton of new faces at all levels, which is a good thing.

95% of the whines I read about bolster come from players who

- Don't know how their class works

- Don't know how other classes work

- Can't figure out how to use spellcheck

- Are generally clueless

If that's the "general consensus" on the state of bolster, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Bolster has effectively removed the gear grind (and gap) from PvP. While this pisses off a lot of forum warriors, keep in mind that they represent a very small and vocal minority of the overall player base. At least on my server, PvP has a ton of new faces at all levels, which is a good thing.

95% of the whines I read about bolster come from players who

- Don't know how their class works

- Don't know how other classes work

- Can't figure out how to use spellcheck

- Are generally clueless

If that's the "general consensus" on the state of bolster, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

I agree. the benefts for organized PvP will be evident after Bioware fixes the inherent bugs with Bolster. Thanks for posting!