Which crafting activities require you to be level 55?

comestbest

Which crafting activities require you to be level 55? can i craft top level augments and mods and stuff if i have the crafting skill maxed but my character level is only 22 or so? or do i need to be level 55 to learn the schematics and stuff?

also i have the same question in reference to augment components and augment kits, is there a combat level requirement or just a crafting level requirement?

thanks

Which crafting activities require you to be level 55? can i craft top level augments and mods and stuff if i have the crafting skill maxed but my character level is only 22 or so? or do i need to be level 55 to learn the schematics and stuff?

also i have the same question in reference to augment components and augment kits, is there a combat level requirement or just a crafting level requirement?

thanks

There is no level restrictions on crafting whatsoever. The only limitation of crafting using low level toons is that you won't be able to use some of the stuff you craft until you are the appropriate level. You can still craft it though.

There is no level restrictions on crafting whatsoever. The only limitation of crafting using low level toons is that you won't be able to use some of the stuff you craft on those toons until those toons are the appropriate level. You can still craft it though for use on higher level toons (if/when you have a situation where a lower level toon can craft stuff to be used by a higher level toon) or for sale.

Highlighted is clarification

ok thanks, just two things i need clarified. i see on the gtn a schematic for an augment 28, it says it requires armstech (450) and requires advanced armstech.... then later below it says it requires level 55. so you guys are saying the part about requiring level 55 is just if you want to use the item myself and i can still craft and sell it?

also, when it comes to mods for example, i thought you need to put the mod in armor and them remove it before you can try and learn it and that this required you to be the proper level

thanks for the replies

ok thanks, just two things i need clarified. i see on the gtn a schematic for an augment 28, it says it requires armstech (450) and requires advanced armstech.... then later below it says it requires level 55. so you guys are saying the part about requiring level 55 is just if you want to use the item myself and i can still craft and sell it?

also, when it comes to mods for example, i thought you need to put the mod in armor and them remove it before you can try and learn it and that this required you to be the proper level

thanks for the replies

That is correct. The Armstech (450) requirement is for learning the schematic, the Level 55 requirement is for using the crafted item.

You do not need to put mods in armour to reverse-engineer them, unless they were made by other crafters (putting them in an item apparently removes the crafter tag). Even so, there is no level requirement for putting stuff in armour -- only for wearing it.

That is correct. The Armstech (450) requirement is for learning the schematic, the Level 55 requirement is for using the crafted item.

You do not need to put mods in armour to reverse-engineer them, unless they were made by other crafters (putting them in an item apparently removes the crafter tag). Even so, there is no level requirement for putting stuff in armour -- only for wearing it.

looks like my level 10 can remove mods from armor but can't put any high level ones in. so i guess i can't make top level mods and stuff like that on my lower level characters.

but at least i know i can at least make augments and augment components and kits with my lower level characters

Edited by comestbest

It should be able to put them in as long as you aren't actually wearing the item you are trying to put it into? I.e. modify it from your inventory screen not your character screen.

Nope. Can't put it in if one is lower level than the one being able to use it. Not even the ones from planetary vendors, let alone endgame ones.

Edited by Nazdika

Just one comment:

The materials you will need (unless you have a higher level toon) can cost you quite a few credits especially since your low level toons will not be able to run the gathering missions on the high level planets to acquire the gathering items, as most of the nodes are around the mobs/

The mission (slicing, underworld trading, etc) you will need to run the missions on your toons to get the items you need for the higher level items.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Which crafting activities require you to be level 55?

In practice you will need to be level 55 to craft relics, implants, and earpieces of highest craftable level (aka 180 right now), as they are not transferrable and you therefore need to get the token so you have something to RE. (Mods etc can be transferred from your main with legacy gear.)

Except from that minor detail, there is no level requirement. Having the possibility to use many companions helps, but that's more convenience than limitation.

There is no level restrictions on crafting whatsoever. The only limitation of crafting using low level toons is that you won't be able to use some of the stuff you craft until you are the appropriate level. You can still craft it though.

While that is true in theory, it is not true in practice.

There are some [non-RE-able] items for which the only way to obtain the schematic is to have a character in your legacy that is high-enough level to do certain content. Many of these schematics can be sent to other characters in your legacy (even though they aren't actually labeled Bind on Legacy), so the crafting character doesn't need to be the high-enough-level character, but a few do indirectly require that the crafter be "high level" (since they are truly Bind on Pickup).

For example, the Basic Comm vendor requires a minimum Makeb Rep level (Hero) to use (learn), so at least one character in your legacy must be level 47 (in order to access Makeb) and get that reputation. The schematics are BoE, so as long as one character in your legacy can afford it, the character using the schematic can be of any level.

On the other hand, the Classic Comm vendor doesn't have an attached Reputation, but the items are BoP and require Classic Comms to purchase, which means that the crafting character has to be "high-enough-level" to earn Classic Comms. In theory, this could level could be as low as the high 20s or low 30s (when the Weekly Priority Targets -- Kill 3 World Boss -- mission appears, but it would take several (5 or so) weeks of running that mission, so it's likely that you would end up at a higher level before you could actually afford one of the schematics.

In practice you will need to be level 55 to craft relics, implants, and earpieces of highest craftable level (aka 180 right now), as they are not transferrable and you therefore need to get the token so you have something to RE. (Mods etc can be transferred from your main with legacy gear.)

Except from that minor detail, there is no level requirement. Having the possibility to use many companions helps, but that's more convenience than limitation.

thanks, very informative. i appreciate all the great info in this thread.

Those are a few good examples, but (as I already explained), they are not the *only* ones. In addition to the other examples I gave, operations gear shells are also RE-able, so even though Cybertech/Artifice/Armstech can RE barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements transferred via Legacy gear, the main hands, off hands, and armor shells can only be RE's by the [level-55] that obtained the gear.