Transferring BM Armorings between characters

Diplomaticus

First of all, not at all a new player but I didn't want to spoil the PvP forum with practical stuff like this. My problem is this: once 1.6 hits, Battlemaster Gear disappears from the game and I need their Armorings for two of my classes so I can remod PvE gear for the bonuses.

One is a Madness Assassin who needs the 4piece bonus on PvE gear (+15% crit chance on Thrash). He is lvl 50 and has 2 pieces right now, so he shouldn't be a problem.

The other one is my Gunnery Commando, who needs the 2piece PvE bonus (+15% crit chance on Grav Round). He's not 50 yet though and I'm a bit worried I won't get there in time.

Then I remembered I only really need the Armorings, and I seem to recall having read about ways to transfer PvP mods between characters with some trick, but I could be mistaken, and eveb if I am correct, I don't remember it anyway.

That would mean however than I can use my Operative main to collect the mods for my alts and get it done in time while having more fun doing so. Any help would be appreciated.

Battlemaster armorings do not carry the set bonuses. Rakata, battlemaster, and lower teirs have their bonuses tied to the shells.

Only war hero/campaign and above have the set bonuses tied to the armorings.

That's the idea. You want to keep the PvE bonuses, but use the gear for PvP. In a few Class/build combination that's more beneficial. You need BM Armorings to do it, because if you use (Elite) War Hero, you lose the PvE bonus.

But thanks SpoeMeister, that will solve my problem.

Edited by Diplomaticus

First of all, not at all a new player but I didn't want to spoil the PvP forum with practical stuff like this. My problem is this: once 1.6 hits, Battlemaster Gear disappears from the game and I need their Armorings for two of my classes so I can remod PvE gear for the bonuses.

The BM gear should not disappear completly. If you are currently equipped with BM gear, then you will stay equipped with BM gear once 1.6 hits. you will not magically be wearing nothing. it will just be removed from being purchased

The BM gear should not disappear completly. If you are currently equipped with BM gear, then you will stay equipped with BM gear once 1.6 hits. you will not magically be wearing nothing. it will just be removed from being purchased

He knows that, but he wants to have the set bonus from the BM gear for a future character, but he fears that he will not be able to reach 50 before 1.6. Please read the entire post...

On the assasin you can tseal armorings from wh offhands to do this since they will work with the gear but not have a set bonus.

Oh, this is very useful information, thanks. Kind of means every class except Agent gets to do this (which is unfortunate, as my main is a dps op with remodded PvE gear. :/

It sounds like you want a 2 set pve bonus for a gunnery commando with pvp gear.

As far as transfering pvp mods between characters, you can just buy a legacy piece of gear from the legacy class vendors on coruscant or dromund kaas and just keep mailing the gear back and forth between characters on your account, inserting and stripping mods as you need.

Regarding the set bonus, right now there are only 2 armoring types that grant pve set bonuses. They are "campaign" and "dread guard." The "gread guard" set bonus armorings can ONLY be obtained by getting tokens from hard mode terror from beyond bosses or nightmare mode explosive conflict bosses. The "campaign" set bonus armorings can be purchased for black hole commendations. You can get campaign and black hole armorings from off hand items, and also from crafters, but they won't be the set bonus variety. You need the head/chest/hands/legs/feet slot specific ones for the set bonuses.

So, what you want to do is use your agent to farm up black hole commendations, buy commando specific campaign armorings from the pve black hole vendor, insert the armorings into a piece of legacy armor, mail the armor to your commando, and rip them out.

Also, you shouldn't lose any ability to do this when 1.6 comes out, so there's no great rush.