Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Deception vs. PvP Madness

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
PvP Deception vs. PvP Madness

Cowflab
01.03.2013 , 09:27 PM | #41
Lol at the derps quoting near year old posts and pointing out errors that are only errors because of changes made over time. You used to be able to get raze procs in dark charge. Before it was changed due to hybrid sins being even more unstoppable than they are now.

For a so called leet player, damager. You took this hook, line, and sinker. Derping it all the way to the bank. Oh, and 300k damage was a lot, IN DEC 2011!!!

Successful necrotroll is successful.

9/10

Rauzgriz
01.04.2013 , 05:32 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazakuhn View Post
If you think the shock damage is nasty from that... you should see the shock damage from a full Deception/Madness assassin That spec can also acquire the potential second shock per shock thrown out there... on top of boosting it's damage AND critical damage by rather extreme amounts.
I agree, Ive got a level 50 sin using this spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfGMRkfrRbkZf0c.2 and it does pretty well in pvp and pve. My rotation is Voltaic Slash x2, then shock, then maul (if behind the target) then discharge. Because of discharge's cooldown i can only use it once every 2 rotations, which isnt bad because it allows more of the damage bonus stacks from static charge. Chain shock gives me 2 shocks about half the time, and the second shock still benefits from the shock damage bonus of voltaic slash.

Talon_Starfire
01.05.2013 , 06:55 AM | #43
Which seems better Mad Maul or Deception?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Cowflab
01.08.2013 , 08:57 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Which seems better Mad Maul or Deception?
Thanks
Mad Maul has the capability to do mass damage to many targets, has semi-strong single target damage but has a longer ramp up time, but is a bit squishy. Deception has the capability to kill a single target very quickly through burst damage, lacks AoE, but is a tougher spec defensively. Both specs lack team utility but are good in their role. In the hands of a good player, both specs are extremely viable.