Physical challenged player advice needed.

Arkainans

Hey Guys

I am looking to try pvp and only have partial use of my left and right hands. I use a split keyboard and have slower than normal lateral movement with my left hand. I am hoping there is a class to play that is not as keyboard intensive as others. I have a lvl 55 commando and find I can not cycle though the needed actions fast enough to be viable. With 2x xp coming soon I want to try a different type of class. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Ty for your input.

I've tried them all. Bounty hunter/commando seems to have the most actions. I'll go through some referring to how much keyboard/mouse action. Also to note, you may want to get some foot pedals

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=foot+pedals+usb

It might help, and you should be be able to bind them to whatever you want. (bind them to keys first)

A Razer Naga mouse has 12 buttons on the thumb (if you are using a mouse and your thumb works okay).

Marauder/sentinel: fast movements with keys, up close combat.

Juggurnaut/Guardian: if you pick the far right tree (rage). you just press a couple buttons and smash people. Melee. If you pick the left tree, you can tank where you just go around and get aggro not worrying too much about your dps.

assassin/shadow: stealth. can sneak by mobs. requires more character movement.

Inquisitor/sage: casting abilities from a distance.

operative/scoundrel: stabbing people with combos up close, dotting people or healing.

sniper/sharpshooter: mostly staying in one place, and doing combos to kill things. This might work well in your case!

powertech/vanguard (pyrotech skill tree) : simpler mid-range/melee class. not as many actions as the merc/commando.

I'd say sniper/gunslinger is your best bet. Not many skills and most importantly, not much movement at all.

Jugg/marauder smash may also work but as a melee class you'll have to move much more often, which may or may not be something you can do easily.

I'd go with Gunslinger/Sniper, and probably go Marksmen (Far left tree).

I don't know the names for Gunslingers, but:

snipe > followthrough > series of shots > followthrough > snipe > snipe> followthrough > ambush > followthrough > series of shots

That's probably not the ideal rotation (far from it), but you get my drift. Not a lot of buttons to press, and you just use followthrough ASAP.

I'd also suggest getting one of those gaming mouses that the other poster linked above. Would really help you out :p

Sniper has a very easy and well timed rotation would probably be playable. The smash spec of either jug or mara would be easiest though, it is playable with one hand pretty much. You might have a hard time not being able to use CD and other things that both those class's have but would still be decent with them with limited ability to hit all the buttons.

Thank you to all of you that took the time to post. I am leaning towards Marauder. My mouse hand will do ok with character movement. Now time to research the forums and map out a build..

Thanks again

Arkainans

I have a razer naga, and yeah, I support completely the suggestion of buying it (the molten model is awesome and don't have the sharp edges of the swtor model of naga razer). it will give you access to at least 10 abilities, plus other 10 if you bind them with shift + number key .

For starters, I would recommend the long range classes, like Bounty hunters, imperial agents, or sith sorcs (for republic would be trooper, smugglers or jedi consulars) . the sith warriors (or jedi knights) require you move around the map chasing mobs (you don't have force jump always available) and I don't know if you are up to that.

Gunslingers I'd have thought would be ideal.

Mainly about finding positions (because generally a moving slinger is called an easy target) and you have many passive defences (when you set up) against other ranged classes and melee.

Edited by Gyronamics

Do you have full use of your left thumb?

If yes, try the Nostromo

Re-map the movement keys to the thumb-joystick - this frees up your fingers to hit the keys fairly decently, without having to move them very much laterally - I'm guessing you mean that moving your hands left-to-right accross the keyboard is tough? Well as long as your thumb can handle movement, you gain all 4 of your fingers for skills, and can remap those keys to whatever you want. If you combine this with the Naga mouse, like others mentioned, you can use your right thumb for other skills too.

You'll have so many buttons available without needing to move your hands anywhere, that you're bound to have enough skills at your disposal to roll any class and pick your favorite skills and be quite competitive. I only ever really use the mouse for turning, by clicking down the right mouse button and moving the mouse, so my left thumb for movement idea works great, since it's only really moving me forward, or sometimes strafing left to right.

You might be able to try one out at a best-buy.

Thank you to all of you that took the time to post. I am leaning towards Marauder. My mouse hand will do ok with character movement. Now time to research the forums and map out a build..

Thanks again

Arkainans

Sorry but marauder has like 3x as many commonly used skills compared to a commando...

Sorry but marauder has like 3x as many commonly used skills compared to a commando...

Here's my opener:

Grav Round

Demo Round

Electro Net

Reserve Powercell

Tech Override

Plasma Grenade

Grav Round

High Impact Bolt

Full Auto

Mortar Volley

Can't say I know any Marauders that use 36 abilities in their rotation ... :p

Edited by Khevar

LOL just lol

We are also talking about just to be effective, anyone that is great at their class will utilize all of their skills in some way.

For a smasher to do decent it only requires 5 buttons. By pressing these five buttons you will be decent in a warzone. Very few other class's can post the same numbers by dumbing down their own class that much. That is the issue I have with smash monkeys. It would take someone very special to actually be crappy as a smash monkey, I am pretty sure Helen Keller could have played the class decent.

I'd love to know what you think commandos use because I use around 26 abilities in PVP most of which are defensive which is the real test of playing a commando vs other players.