Lucky solo ranked pops

Nikitko

Hello.

Dear, bioware can you tell me how is it possible to get all the time, when im saying all the time i really mean ALL THE TIME, not geared players in my team in solo ranked? And everything would be ok, but not when other team has full geared and top players. Whats wrong with your game code randomize? To win 1 game with that setup, i need allmost squeeze all the juices out of myself. Im really tired of that. + i lost 2 many rating because of arena's bugs/ stucks etc. You really making me to quit the game. Im trying hard all the time ranked. But its really impossible, look i feel like you are trolling me so far. I play all sorcerer's specs but it doesn't matter at all when you have 1 or 2 players without gear and skill.What did i do to ya? Did i offend somehow? Funny thing that on my others sage/sorcerer's twinks things much better, but not on main sorc. No matter on which rating i play 1250, or 1300 or 1500 ON EVERY RATING I GOT NOT GEARED PLAYERS.

Hello.

Dear, bioware can you tell me how is it possible to get all the time, when im saying all the time i really mean ALL THE TIME, not geared players in my team in solo ranked? And everything would be ok, but not when other team has full geared and top players. Whats wrong with your game code randomize? To win 1 game with that setup, i need allmost squeeze all the juices out of myself. Im really tired of that. + i lost 2 many rating because of arena's bugs/ stucks etc. You really making me to quit the game. Im trying hard all the time ranked. But its really impossible, look i feel like you are trolling me so far. I play all sorcerer's specs but it doesn't matter at all when you have 1 or 2 players without gear and skill.What did i do to ya? Did i offend somehow? Funny thing that on my others sage/sorcerer's twinks things much better, but not on main sorc. No matter on which rating i play 1250, or 1300 or 1500 ON EVERY RATING I GOT NOT GEARED PLAYERS.

because ranked used to have a gear requirement. but now... we are all ok! we can wear blue and green gear and bolster will put us at 242. pretty much equal to those 248, skill>gear, there is no spoon, there is no gear disparity

Edited by Seterade

The real issue is that this ranked system is designed to work with a giant pool of players, so the variables of *******/under-geared noobs/autistic throwers would be balanced out by the sheer number of normal people playing. Instead what you have normally is 8-25 guys in que. So if you have 3 *******es que'ing they can effectively ruin every match. If you're a truly above average player you will eventually climb, but its going to be a lot of aids and frustration in the middle.

TLDR; The game is just too dead and too small to support a meaningful ELO system.

No right now, on SS, solos are a joke. There are too many really really really bad players in it to mean anything. Every single game has 1-2 throwers and 1-2 bots. Theres no luck or skill involved at this point. It's unclimeable unless you're a healer or tank. But even then you'll still get games where you wonder what players are doing and why the que ranked. Edited by septru

No right now, on SS, solos are a joke. There are too many really really really bad players in it to mean anything. Every single game has 1-2 throwers and 1-2 bots. Theres no luck or skill involved at this point. It's unclimeable unless you're a healer or tank. But even then you'll still get games where you wonder what players are doing and why the[y] que ranked.

The true flaw with solo ranked lies with the very low amount of players queing for it. Your Valor Lvl must be at least 25 in order to participate in solo ranked matches. However, several players who have earned the right to que for ranked have been verbally chewed out and bullied by other players accusing them of "throwing" when they were not and that would explain the low amount. It's hard for some classes to heal themselves while they're being ganged up on by all 4 players from the opposing team, especially if you're a pub side gunslinger. Gunslingers can heal themselves, but the heal command does not work when they're being attacked in the process. They can cover and shield, but that's useless against a merc with their new tricks. Slingers are also usually the first ones targeted in any ranked pvp. Without any healers healing them, the slingers usually end up as fodder. Unless the player is afk or just simply hiding without doing anything, nobody has any right to accuse that player of "throwing".

Perhaps Solo Ranked PVP matches should be changed to solo ranked pvp elimination matches where it is every player for himself/herself and the most medals go to the player with the most kills. If the veteran players hate losing solo ranked pvp matches, then perhaps they should ask for what I just suggested for ranked pvp.:rolleyes:

They need to just make 8v8 ranked at this point. Time for objective ranked WZs ty devs.

There isn't a population for 4v4 why would you think 8v8 would be any better or even pop ever?

You whine about a few bad players in queue. Imagine getting grouped with 4 mat framers on your team v two groups of actual players. Would be the same complaints (as well as it popping less than G Ranked) 8v8 is not going to happen again and would solve nothing.

There isn't a population for 4v4 why would you think 8v8 would be any better or even pop ever?

You whine about a few bad players in queue. Imagine getting grouped with 4 mat framers on your team v two groups of actual players. Would be the same complaints (as well as it popping less than G Ranked) 8v8 is not going to happen again and would solve nothing.

Maybe the population only seems small because a lot of people don’t like 4v4 and prefer 8v8.

If we had a solo 8v8 ranked system, I think it would be more popular these days than 4v4 solo.

The true flaw with solo ranked lies with the very low amount of players queing for it. Your Valor Lvl must be at least 25 in order to participate in solo ranked matches. However, several players who have earned the right to que for ranked have been verbally chewed out and bullied by other players accusing them of "throwing" when they were not and that would explain the low amount. It's hard for some classes to heal themselves while they're being ganged up on by all 4 players from the opposing team, especially if you're a pub side gunslinger. Gunslingers can heal themselves, but the heal command does not work when they're being attacked in the process. They can cover and shield, but that's useless against a merc with their new tricks. Slingers are also usually the first ones targeted in any ranked pvp. Without any healers healing them, the slingers usually end up as fodder. Unless the player is afk or just simply hiding without doing anything, nobody has any right to accuse that player of "throwing".

Perhaps Solo Ranked PVP matches should be changed to solo ranked pvp elimination matches where it is every player for himself/herself and the most medals go to the player with the most kills. If the veteran players hate losing solo ranked pvp matches, then perhaps they should ask for what I just suggested for ranked pvp.:rolleyes:

No.. you are kinda wrong.

The problem with ranked is as follows.

1. Did you see last season's rewards ? I don't have the words to describe how garbage the season 9 rewards were... Those sabers looked worse than cheap garbage found on the GTN. No special sound, no special effect nothing.... If you think it's motivating to que for those rewards, you are wrong. Even the kingpin's saber looks much better...

There is no real reason to que anymore unless you seek validation in game with a shiny flair to show off your great " skills" to others and to feed your feeble ego. That's all.

2. Toxicity

Yeah, you've heard this a lot of times. Ranked players just think they are above everyone else, they are pixel demigods who have the right to insult you if your performance doesn't match their expectations. A lot of people who attempted ranked have been verbally bullied by these millenial kids with inferiority complex.... and guess what, those new players stopped queing which in time has led to what you see now. Ranked with the same sad faces every year...insulting each other in PVP chat because they lost a match.. The que is empty, very few people que and sadly if you are new, you will get match with and vs a dude who has played 20 000 more ranked games than you... You think you can compete ? Of course not. you are a few years too late, son. If you started in season one or two, you might be good now.

3. Terrible, I mean terrible class balance.

Some classes are just horrible in 4 man arenas because the way they were designed... Our beloved PT DPS won't get top leaderboard place anytime soon unless they make it FOTM... So my dear, PT lovers, take a example from the Merc crowd and make yourselves heard and you will get your FOTM spec that won't get nerfed for 3 years despite hundreds of threads on the matter.

Mercs and Snipers.. Again, if you are a melee and you get too many of these two in the enemy team, you are dead before the match even started unless the enemy is nub. And sadly the way the que works now.. it's very likely to happen. People have been telling the devs that mercs are too.... ******, yet Bioware considered DPS sins to be overperforming and nerfed them. ;) What else can you say ? NO comment.

4. Too many years without any change..

Yeah.. ranked in this format has been going on for faar to long now. The same bull every year without a pre season now.... In the past you had 1 or 2 months to collect yourself before the new season, but now it's one after another, also we didn't have a NEW META for 3 frickin' years. :mad:

Last season was very very long... and people stopped half way through. It will be the same this year.

Bottom line. Ranked sucks and needs a rework. Will it happen ? Not likely imo....

Edited by DavidAtkinson