This Is So Bizarre...

BekkaJai

...because honestly, I've never really been that big of a Star Wars fan, so who would have thought I'd find myself so addicted to SWTOR after just a few days as a free player that I'd end up a subscriber? Sure as hell not me.

So far I'm having a blast with it I love the sci-fi theme and this game has a much better story than Eve-Online or STO. I'm just into the early stages right now, but damn, don't you wish all MMO's were this well-done?

It's funny...when I told gamer friends I was getting into SWTOR just about every single one replied with some form of "Oh jeez, you don't want to get involved with that. I hear that unless you spend piles of money the game totally sucks."

Well, there's no doubt that if you spend a bit you get a better experience. Big shocker there. Thing is, I enjoyed the game enough as a free player that I decided to drop $30 on a 60-day time card to see if I want to get into it long-term. Why? Because it's a great game. So far, all I've spent is that $30 and I'm having a blast. That's really what it's about for me. I don't mind spending a bit if I feel I'm getting a good value for my money.

I also like the fact that the game is only a year old and the first expansion has just come out. That gives me time to get at least one toon up to level 50 before I worry about blowing another $10 on ROTHC and feeling like I'm lagging far behind where most players are, as I have in other games that have been around longer when I started playing. I suspect that by the time those 60 days are up I'll have already bought it.

I played Eve for 3 years, basically until I'd progressed so far in the game I really didn't feel compelled to keep going anymore. I could easily see myself playing this for a similar amount of time, assuming the quality keeps up, maybe even longer.

Another thing I really like, although kind of minor, is the security key. So far, 3 different MMOs I've played have had their databases hacked and subscriber info compromised. Anything that provides an extra layer of security for my account is something I'm all for, and I believe is long overdue in as an industry standard.

Hello BekkaJai, and welcome to the Space junkies of STWOR:)

Im relatively new to This game too, Although played WoW up to lvl42 in recent years, before The voices of the dwarfs, got on my nerves:rolleyes:, And I also Found EVE.

EVE I only played 6 months, main reason, For me, it was highly tech based, with huge complexity of types of adaptions, Jumping systems, just to obtain a few items, because not every station had the same, became tedious, and as A role player from Gorean Worlds and in combat area's in Second Life, I ,just one day, Wondered, What is this SWTOR, amd is it worth playing?

Well, at the time, I was in an Asda store In january this year shopping, when on the DVD shelfs, there was an offer stand, with among them SWTOR for Just £5

I started off At Ord Mantel, and thought the cut movie scenes bought me straight away into the universe.

It was evident from the start, For the reasonable price for the sub in UK, I would be going towards it sooner than later, because it gives all aspects to the game, Plus the complimentary Cartel coins, bought me two "Newcomer packs" which includes the Speeders and skill and some XP boosts.

Apart from some people who want me to join a group, and when I stop to pick up some bodies credits, Im treated with some colourful language, which made me, now decline group invites, unless from my own friends group, or my guild.

With so many characters you can be on the dark side or light side, its entertaining and immersive Story lines, only the impatient few who skip most of the cut scenes are missing the main fun, except at Warzones I exit Cut scenes.

I was lucky enough to find a Fine Gent from The low countries Who took it on himself to train me, in being a better trooper, and with another youngster friend of mine whos recently started, we already forming, what looks like it will be a lasting friendship.

After a few days I was already hooked, and pre-ordered The "Hutt Cartel" pack, although Im a way off to be able to play it yet. Today, came my security fob, Awesome, even more complimentary Coins:):)

Good Luck In your chosen path:D

Alice

Welcome to swtor! I actually had NEVER played any mmo's before this, & swore there was NO WAY IN HELL I would ever pay a monthly fee to play a game! I own every console released in the last 15 years. But within a month, I became a sub, & my consoles are collecting dust ROFLMAO

I'm glad everyone is having such a fun time with this game and I hope that it continues. Don't fall into the jaded community's propaganda. This game has faults and you may run into them in your time here. Just remember that resolution is only a phone call away and if you need to post to the forums, keep it constructive.

Other than that,

HAVE FUN!

Yes welcome! I am in you situation as back in August when I first began, I actually HATED Star Wars and only grudgingly started playing because I noticed a pretty cinematic that was running when my big sis was playing! Now I am completely Addicted! Edited by MelodyofLegends

Thanks for the welcoming, everyone!

It's interesting how this game intrigues me and interests me more than anything else I've played recently. In fact, I've done a little blogging on the topic. My blog is called ADD Gamer and as the title suggests, I tend to jump around a bit in terms of topics. Basically, it's all about my experiences in gaming and so whatever I'm playing, such as SWTOR now gets a lot of coverage. Sometimes I'll publish first impressions of a game and find my opinion and interest level changing as time goes on.

Right now, I have active (and semi-active) accounts in SWTOR, The Secret World, Fallen Earth, Need For Speed World, Aion, TERA, Hawken, Mech Warrior, and Tribes Ascend (I think that's all of them) , so while I know I'll be talking a lot about SWTOR, it's not the only thing I'll be talking about. I usually publish once every week or so, but sometimes more if I feel the need.

I hope you'll check it out.