Smugglers must be nerfed

chakkar

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

Oh ffs learn to play and quit crying nerf. if you can't beat a smuggler then CHANGE YOUR TACTICS.

They already got nerfed genius.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smuglers and operatives must be put out from the game because PVP cry-baybies get owned by them, it's already have very limited use in PVE after nerfs anyway.

If developers didn't want more problems with frustrated customers pissed off by further PVP balancing nerfs, they must separate PVP and PVE stats completely, this is one and only solution. Most players didn't give a **** for PVP at all :mad:.

Edited by Urukkhan

Smuglers and operatives must be put out from the game because PVP cry-baybies get owned by them, it's already have very limited use in PVE after nerfs anyway.

If developers didn't want more problems with frustrated customers pissed off by further PVP balancing nerfs, they must separate PVP and PVE stats completely, this is one and only solution. Most players didn't give a **** for PVP at all :mad:.

I have a Scoundrel alt char, quite frankly it takes some planning to effective (granted I went healer but whatever).

My annoyance is the fact they are a lot easier to play than my main char. I don't think Scoundrels need a nerf, it's fairly easy to deal with an Operative or Scoundrel once you know the play style. For example, I think you can disrupt their stealth ability with an area attack. They have to go to cover/crouch in order to use many of their stronger attacks.

If we want to talk about a class having issues, take a look at how Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior are underpowered, I seriously am sick of BH's, Merc's, Sages, Sorcerers, get all upset cause they got picked off by a Scoundrel/Operative cause they weren't paying attention.

I love how people will pick out the most inconsequential thing just to put someone down. And some of us wonder why the forums are such a cesspool...

According to account dates, you're the noob....

You complain about the forums being a cesspool, and yet If you really wanted them to be a better place, you'd perhaps ask for advice on how to beat scoundrels or care enough about the class you want nerfed to learn which abilities it has and what it's even called.

Should BioWare nerf the class based on your opinion when you don't even know which abilities it has?

Seriously, I don't PvP and I know the weaknesses for Scoundrel/Operative. It isn't hard to figure out.

Stealth can be knocked out with AoE (I'm guessing BH's have plenty of those), I know Consulars and Inquisitors have AoE's. When you get hit, stealth gets cancelled.

CCs are a pain, but they can't attack you while you are being CCed. All it takes is somebody accidentally hitting you, or using an Area of Effect attack and no more CC. In case people didn't know CC's have a long cooldown time.

They can't use many of their stronger attacks when they are running around.

They are good at sneak attacks, but can't win in a straight up fight with the other classes. Once it turns into a knockdown draggout, they probably will lose.

Seriously stop grouping all Smugglers together, I am a Gunslinger and I hate Scoundrels and Operatives aswell !!! those stupid stunning nerf-herders.

Please use the correct advanced class name I would hate for me to get nerfed because of those douchebags... (i can barely survive as it is im a god damn glass cannon)

It's a CC, unless they can stun you for 4 minutes and shoot you the entire time and you can't do anything, I don't see how it is particularly unbalancing.

Once a Scoundrel runs out of their tricks, it should be rather simple to clobber them, the entire point of that class is to be sneaky. Many of their stronger attacks require them to be in cover or crouched down like they are in cover and they can't move.

Once they run out of tricks, and it turns into a straight up knockdown/dragout, they end up in real trouble.

This is exactly the weakness of the Scoundrel class. They are weaker over time then any other class and run out of resources quickly so this is the reason for all the escape abilities.

Unless a healer is healing a Scrapper they are going to be locked down and killed.

This is exactly the weakness of the Scoundrel class. They are weaker over time then any other class and run out of resources quickly so this is the reason for all the escape abilities.

Unless a healer is healing a Scrapper they are going to be locked down and killed.

Agreed, most classes would be able to capitalize on this and beat the heck out of them.

If any class needs to be fixed it's Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, they are underpowered, not saying a really good player can't do well with the class, just saying they are underpowered compared to the other classes overall.

Agreed, most classes would be able to capitalize on this and beat the heck out of them.

If any class needs to be fixed it's Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, they are underpowered, not saying a really good player can't do well with the class, just saying they are underpowered compared to the other classes overall.

Not according to the kills they get compared to me. They get more kills and that alone means more tokens and that means gears faster.

You have to look at the entire picture, the Scoundrel is the least played class in game and recieved the very first NERF!

Secondly in a few patches you are getting a buff and we are getting yet another nerf.

Overall Bio Ware is clueless about how to fix the Scoundrel.

Not according to the kills they get compared to me. They get more kills and that alone means more tokens and that means gears faster.

You have to look at the entire picture, the Scoundrel is the least played class in game and recieved the very first NERF!

Secondly in a few patches you are getting a buff and we are getting yet another nerf.

Overall Bio Ware is clueless about how to fix the Scoundrel.

The players that do well as Knights and Warriors are often exceptional players and I hesitate to guess what they could do with some of the other classes.

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

Sounds like someone got his tracer missile interrupted...

Oh ffs learn to play and quit crying nerf. if you can't beat a smuggler then CHANGE YOUR TACTICS.

They already got nerfed genius.

I never claimed to be the best player, so no need to make negative comments.

If I am standing stationary casting a heal and some smuggler comes up and stuns me then stuns me again one after the other (Its already been said that they get a 1.5 sec stun then can stun a second time) I am basically helpless. Then after six seconds I get up and im already at 50% health, I screwed. As soon as others see someone with lower health, if they hadnt noticed I was a healer already, they are on me like white on rice.

Yeah maybe that is the way the game should be played, but when you see the same smuggler go after you and rinse and repeat match after match, it does get irritating. More so when one of their names is "cool", and he sometimes takes the time to "laugh" at my corpse.

If I am standing stationary casting a heal and some smuggler comes up and stuns me then stuns me again one after the other (Its already been said that they get a 1.5 sec stun then can stun a second time) I am basically helpless. Then after six seconds I get up and im already at 50% health, I screwed. As soon as others see someone with lower health, if they hadnt noticed I was a healer already, they are on me like white on rice.

Clearly the smuggler is not the problem here.

It's been mentioned before but... TEAMWORK IS OP!!!

Edited by Jimra

Yeah maybe that is the way the game should be played, but when you see the same smuggler go after you and rinse and repeat match after match, it does get irritating. More so when one of their names is "cool", and he sometimes takes the time to "laugh" at my corpse.

actually it is a 4.5sec stun, not a 6sec.

their vanish has a 2min cd, your shield has a 2min cd.

even if you dont use your CC break on the second stun (never use it on th eknockdown, only on the 4sec stun) because you wear heavy armor and they have nerfed their armor penetration just use your shield and heal up (they can't interrupt you, you are immune to stuns/mezzes cause of full resolve from the stun).

their sustained damage is MUCH lower than your healing output on yourself.

complaining that "other people see me in half health and hit me too" is kind of wrong, cause that means that you are alone in a middle of enemies, and then you deserve to die either way.

if you are at a ledge just use your kb, or snare and kite them if you need to 1vs1 them. if they are concealment spec (and they are since they have kb on their opener) you have much better survivability than them, use it in your advantage, just heal up and dps in between and they should die.

if they pop vanish on you, and they don't get poped out of it (you can use your gtaoe skills, your sticky bomb, and both of them will pop them out) heal yourself and run to a group of friendlies, if they reopen on you just kb them again and repeat.

commandos/mercs are the toughest healers to get taken down by scoundrels/operatives.

actually it is a 4.5sec stun, not a 6sec.

their vanish has a 2min cd, your shield has a 2min cd.

even if you dont use your CC break on the second stun (never use it on th eknockdown, only on the 4sec stun) because you wear heavy armor and they have nerfed their armor penetration just use your shield and heal up (they can't interrupt you, you are immune to stuns/mezzes cause of full resolve from the stun).

their sustained damage is MUCH lower than your healing output on yourself.

complaining that "other people see me in half health and hit me too" is kind of wrong, cause that means that you are alone in a middle of enemies, and then you deserve to die either way.

if you are at a ledge just use your kb, or snare and kite them if you need to 1vs1 them. if they are concealment spec (and they are since they have kb on their opener) you have much better survivability than them, use it in your advantage, just heal up and dps in between and they should die.

if they pop vanish on you, and they don't get poped out of it (you can use your gtaoe skills, your sticky bomb, and both of them will pop them out) heal yourself and run to a group of friendlies, if they reopen on you just kb them again and repeat.

commandos/mercs are the toughest healers to get taken down by scoundrels/operatives.

thank you for your advice. I will try it out later tonight. Much appreciated.

As soon as others see someone with lower health, if they hadnt noticed I was a healer already, they are on me like white on rice.

This is suppose to be a scoundrels fault?

How about I nerf your face, with my fist!

Lie Lie Lie and you have not a clue what you are talking about.

sorry to say he's right. It's an insane combination and the shadows in my guild use it all the time. Use the in-combat stealth ability, use frozen water (10 sec cool down,) and boom, healed for between 8 and 9k health.

Insanely, utterly, ridiculously broken. And the sad thing is... the devs said its fine. :S

Ok

1.) operatives/scoundrels have 3 forms of CC.

-single target 4 second stun on a 45 second cooldown (30 if talented) you need to be in melee range to use it.

-small aoe single target cast 8 second disable that breaks on damage on a 1 minute cooldown, also has to be in melee range to use.

-single target out of combat 8 second disable that breaks on damage and can only be used on targets out of combat, it also fills the resolve bar to full making you immune to further CC:

If the scoundrel/operative is concealment specced they also have a 1,5second knockdown that they can only use as an opener out of stealth from behind their target from a 4m! distance.

What you can do to counter a scoundrel/operative if he opens on you as a merc.

before the fight - positioning

this holds true to all classes, you should always be mindful of terrain hazards that you can use to your advantage as a ranged class. IE: ledges you can knock them off.

Operative/scoundrel opens on you, you either push them away right away or you wait for them to debilitate you, trinket that and push them away. They WILL have to either blow their trinket or the slow your knockback has will give you more than enough time to run away. If they dont have a trinket ready you can follow up with concussive shot or dart.

Also you can activate energy shield and cast concussive shot since youre a healer and cant be interrupted while energy shield is active.

Also you can simply diagnostic scan yourself and enjoy 10% extra armor, a scoundrel/operative cannot beat you down fast enough if you just keep healing and your allies ofc should assist you.

If you have no allies around then youve failed at positioning. And even then as a merc you have a more than fair chance of getting away from an operative/scoundrel.

Also: Atm operatives and scoundrels are THE weakest class in game and calling for nerf for them is just stupid. There is literally nothing an operative can do that another class doesent do better so if youre calling to nerf operatives/scoundrels then you can be sure there is another class more deserving of a nerf before them.

And yes i leveled up an operative but now ive quit playing him because he is simply a bad class.

sounds like pvp isn't your thing bruh