Voidstar: Smuggler - Stuck in Crouch

Stradoo

The last 3 times I've played VS, my smuggler has become stuck in the crouching position after the second round starts. I can still move and use some abilities, but it seems to me there is no way of breaking out of it. It even persists through death.

And no, /stuck does not work.

Anybody else experiencing this? It only happens on VS.

Edited by Stradoo

I have been reporting this bug since Beta. It seems to happen more when you're stunned or knocked down right before the teams switch from Defense to Attack (or vice versa).

It's a huge issue in Rated Warzones.

Why this company takes SO long to fix bugs such as this one, is beyond me.

• 1 month later...

The only way I had to work around that bug was to put my cover ability twice in my toolbar. One where it should usually be and the other with my buffs and consumable just in case.

When I get stuck in crotch / cover, I just hit that spare cover button and toggles myself out of it.

Happened to me on my sniper numerous times, in both Voidstar and Civil War. The last time it happened was last night, and that time I couldn't use any of my cover abilities even though I was stuck in the crouch/cover position. I reported it. Hopefully they will fix it. It's a very annoying bug that has been around for a long while now.

The last 3 times I've played VS, my smuggler has become stuck in the crouching position after the second round starts. I can still move and use some abilities, but it seems to me there is no way of breaking out of it. It even persists through death.

the only time i've seen this bug where a sniper was stuck in crotch AND sliding around, was in a voidstar match oddly enough.

however it did not persist through death, when I killed him, and he respawned it went away and he was running around like normal. i was even offended and called hax in /say, but he told me he was unaware of how it happened so I looked it up and it was a legitimate bug.

that is curious that it was specifically voidstar too though

the only time i've seen this bug where a sniper was stuck in crotch AND sliding around, was in a voidstar match oddly enough.

however it did not persist through death, when I killed him, and he respawned it went away and he was running around like normal. i was even offended and called hax in /say, but he told me he was unaware of how it happened so I looked it up and it was a legitimate bug.

He was lucky cause when ever I get killed I'll still be stuck in it and you can not use cover abilities so it would be a pointless hack.

Would be a terrible hack lol, since it doesn't allow us to really do anything and when we try to move we just slide around on the floor like idiots. Every time it's happened to me, I've looked for the nearest enemy so he could kill me and I could re-spawn normal again. Unfortunately, that's all we can do about it for now, and then there is nothing stopping it from happening again the next time we re-spawn. There is also a glitch that benefits snipers though, and that's the terrible one where our opponent becomes stuck in the debilitate stun. It happened the other day when I was fighting a shadow and he thought I was hacking. I had to explain to him that it's not my fault, it's a bug that's been around for a while now, and I've been the victim of it myself when I've played some of my other characters.

Would be a terrible hack lol, since it doesn't allow us to really do anything and when we try to move we just slide around on the floor like idiots. Every time it's happened to me, I've looked for the nearest enemy so he could kill me and I could re-spawn normal again. Unfortunately, that's all we can do about it for now, and then there is nothing stopping it from happening again the next time we re-spawn. There is also a glitch that benefits snipers though, and that's the terrible one where our opponent becomes stuck in the debilitate stun. It happened the other day when I was fighting a shadow and he thought I was hacking. I had to explain to him that it's not my fault, it's a bug that's been around for a while now, and I've been the victim of it myself when I've played some of my other characters.

well. . .to be fair i was on my sentinel at the time and was unable to leap to him xD lolol

soooo, at the time I was frustrated and of course something like that, sliding around when i keep trying to press leap. i jumped to accusing him of hacking. but when he took the time to stand there and talk to me in /say, i started thinking more clearly.

• 10 months later...
I CANNOT believe this hasn't been patched! It's happened to every sniper/slinger I know. ..me twice in one week. Once on my slinger, and again today on my newbie 51 sniper. I reported it during a match on 1.1. Please allot programming hours to fix it. It's silly.

Bind your "Take Cover in Place" ability and hit it when you get stuck in the crouch bug. Gets me out of it every time. I had to deal with that bug constantly until I figured that out.

This one. I have the same trouble sometimes (also only in Voidstar), and using the take-cover-in-place button fixes it for me also.

try hitting /stuck while holding down alt+f4

I have had this happen to me way too often.

Like above posters have said, using the take cover in place command usually unsticks you. Another option that I have used (doesn't work every time, but most of them) is to use Hightail It / Covered Escape. Usually that will trigger the correct cover phase (where you can use your abilities and aren't mobile and are, you know, in cover).

Hope that helps.

And yes, this is a bug that has needed fixing for a year now.