Classes - which one has the best story?

Lord_Ravenhurst

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JK felt most in line with the movie themes. You're the best jedi! Oh planet gone! Oh here's a droid, a clever ladies man, a ghost mentor and a wise cracking girl. Oh gota stop the emperor only you can save us!

I might sound condecending but I still enjoyed it very much.

My personal favorate story lines so far is BH and SW I havn't finished them but I'm really excited to do so.

I will say this... If you are looking for lore and history, go with a Consular. With that said... You will either love the story or completely hate it. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for as far as the "old trilogy feeling" goes. Are you looking for a story that resembles Episodes IV - VI, or something similar to KOTOR, or Episodes I - III? What kind of story are you looking for.

I found the JC story kinda repeating and you get the feel like, "oh look! I get to do the same thing again on this planet." In saying that, I have not got to 50 yet on it. Maybe it gets better. The trooper story I thought was really good.

I have done all the Empire stories except for bounty hunter, which apparently is bad after chp 1 but picks up at end of 3.....BUT.. for Republic......

Jedi Knight, hands down go this!

if u want old school Star Wars feeling then go the knight, I got consular to chp 2 and gave up, it wasn't bad but it was just missing that epic factor, i heard chp 3 has moments but overall is lacklustre....Trooper....is terrible after chp 1 rly generic and not much of an overall story, just loose missions, fun but still kinda meh....smuggler is a lot of fun, the dialogue feels like it was written for a younger generation of star wars fans (not kids, more like young adults- so i loved it) but the smugg losses its focus in chp 2 but i rather enjoyed 3...

But...again....Jedi knight is just plain EPIC! its Kotor 3!....I;m a die hard dark side sith fan, but i went dark side jedi knight, so i got the hero story while playing a sort of rogue/dark jedi...lots of fun! plus some of the cut-scenes in it are just down right amazing, i don't want to ruin the story but if u want a good guy star wars story that gives u breathing room to be good or bad, roll this....some of moments are classic, and the companions i actually cared about...also npc in the story i rly liked, when they die u care ect, just hands down Bioware rly chose their fav for the story here. some moment truly blew me away and compared to Sith Warrior which was my fav, it has nothing on JK :D....some dont like 1-15...but after the Republic capital its all great stuff!

I played SI and want to create one alt on the republic side before my gametime card runs out , which class has the best story? Most Star Wars "old trilogy" feeling?

Agent, hands down the best story so far for me. Gets a little standard after the second chapter but before that its awesome. I would say the JK has the most "old trilogy" feeling to it though I havent played it all the way through, mostly going by what ive heard about it. Smuggler story is probably the best one overall on Republic.

Id go for Smuggler Gunslinger if I were in your position. Try something other than a lightsaber.

The Sith Warrior. As long as you go darkside, its very entertaining. It's almost like playing Darth Vader between the events of episodes 3 and 4. The 1-10 experience feels action packed but then it slows down until the end of Alderaan, and then it picks up real fast and never slows down.

Personal opinion inside.

On Republic side : Smuggler > JK > Trooper > story in a soap commercial >>> JC.

I've just started my Imperial side characters so I cannot comment on their story, but the preludes (up to and including Dromund Kaas) are intriguing and compelling for both IA and SW, and the other two, even if they are more stereotypical, still start well enough.

I found the JC story kinda repeating and you get the feel like, "oh look! I get to do the same thing again on this planet." In saying that, I have not got to 50 yet on it. Maybe it gets better.

It doesnt. Well, the storyline in the final planet has a decent, yet somewhat predictable, "twist" but aside from that its just the same damned thing. The ending is nice though, that is, if you dont trigger the bug where all your companions show up naked ... ruining the whole thing.

On Republic side : Smuggler > JK > Trooper > story in a soap commercial >>> JC.

Pretty much...

Edited by MasterKayote

SI - It was the best story I've played so far.

JC - The worst story, and boring, but there are really good moments.

BH - In progress, level 20, I love it.

IA - In progress, Level 16, pretty good.

I've also played the trooper for a bit, it's pretty good as well. Smuggler seems fun as well.

I have finished the Sith Warrior story and I am currently at the beginning of Chapter 3 of the Jedi Knight story and out of those 2, I have to say that the JK is better in my opinion.

I am finding the hunt for the Emperor quite fun and gaining a pure blood sith companion awesome. Though I have to say Quinns betrayal in the Sith Warrior story came out of nowhere.

Both stories were well written but JK is better.

IA so far has more twists and turns than an entire season of Mission: Impossible from back before Tom Cruise ruined it with the movies.

Just got to Hoth, and it's definitely a Mission: Impossible story now! First thing, get betrayed by the guy you're supposed to be tagging along with. Talk about a twist!

Met Raina for the first time, having only seen her in youtube vids. She likes hanging with the Chiss, so I'm good to go for smurfing her. :D

IMO, out of the classes I've leveled, and am leveling, JC is probably the worst storyline. Chapter One was good, but after that it lost it's luster for me, and midway through Voss, you knew how it was going to end.

Loved the Trooper storyline.

Am loving the JK storyline. Never rolled a smuggler because I just can't handle doing the same planets a 4th time at this time. It's hard for me to do it the third time around.

• 8 months later...

I've played all but the Consular and Trooper, although my Agent is just now approaching the end of Chapter 3, as well. They are all very well done. I've few complaints, anyway. It just depends on what you're looking for in a story, I suppose. So my opinions of the stories, as follows:

BOUNTY HUNTER:

My favorite class story thus far. I like it, because imo the hunter is the one class character who really grows through the experience. What you start off with is rarely the character you end up with. The story itself almost demands that the hunter shift, either in their priorities or their overall character. It's very well done. I'm probably going to play this one through again, just cause I enjoy it so much.

SITH WARRIOR:

Second favorite. This is a character who never really changes their focus, though. She knows what she's about, from the get-go, and then barrels towards that goal with singleminded and deadly purpose. Someone earlier recommended playing this character darkside, and I agree. I respect those who enjoyed playing a lightside warrior, but I don't get it. Darkside warrior was an exceptional storyline. I loved it.

IMPERIAL AGENT:

Wow. This is the first character who's story literally got me emotionally invested. I was actually angry on his behalf during the second chapter, and if I could've reached through the screen to slap silly the damn rats (aka NPCs) that tormented him, I would've, lol. If you do decide to ever play agent, I recommend another darkside character. I played an agent lightside up through middle of chapter two and hated it, enough I rerolled the character and went darkside. Way way way better. I also liked playing this character male versus female. He's far more interesting. And flirtatious.

SMUGGLER:

Fun fun fun! I've played smuggler both as female and male. Both are amusing, although I tend to lean towards my smuggler being a guy. Regardless, the character is completely amusing, smart-alek, engaging, flirtatious -- from start to finish. I had so much fun playing a smuggler, I've done two playthroughs and plan another one eventually, hehe.

JEDI KNIGHT:

I played a Knight through start of chapter two as a guy and guardian and didn't like it. Rerolled as a female sentinel and totally loved it. The story itself is very much in line with the movie-takes on Jedi Knights. It's all about heroically saving the world ... err, galaxy ... from the evil emperor. It was pretty good.

SITH INQUISITOR:

Liked being able to toss lighting at people. The story was enjoyable, in that I took someone from slave origins and propelled her to one of the highest positions in the Empire. Beyond that, it was meh. Andronikus was fun, at least.

TROOPER (eventually):

I'll make a Trooper just as soon as the Cathar are released. Sorry for those who hate the kitty cat theme, but I don't. I want a Thundercat who has kittens with Arik. Sue me.

CONSULAR (in progress):

Got my guy Consular to Coruscant. He's okay. Story is slow, don't see it changing anytime soon, and everyone who posts on the forums tends to say it won't be much different than what I've seen thus far. It's okay. I like seeing him throw rocks at people and they fall over dead as a result. I'll finish it eventually.

SITH WARRIOR:

Second favorite. This is a character who never really changes their focus, though. She knows what she's about, from the get-go, and then barrels towards that goal with singleminded and deadly purpose. Someone earlier recommended playing this character darkside, and I agree. I respect those who enjoyed playing a lightside warrior, but I don't get it. Darkside warrior was an exceptional storyline. I loved it.

First, I'm most of the way through chapter 1, so I this may not reflect the whole story.

Lightside warrior is a lot less 'let's be nice' and more 'avoid damage.'

The lightside options on the Sith Warrior are often more guileful and clever ways of avoiding conflict. You can get through the first mission (I think) of Dromand Kaas without drawing your lightsaber.

The way my Warrior works (at least in my head) is that while she puts up a facade of cruelty and bloodthirst, when the chips are down she's actually avoiding bloodshed. She likes fighting, but not killing the helpless. The end result is that you're direct on the surface, but clever and creative with your solutions and more loyal to conscience than the Empire.

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this, but so far I've leveled trooper and BH to end of Act 3, working on JK in beginning Act 1. And I loved the trooper story. 'Course, I've always been partial to military-themed stories, but trooper is really grand. I mean, it's a classic soldier story, practically from start to finish. It's fun, dark in the right places, and just flat-out epic in others. Especially this one cutscene on Voss:

Imperials attempt to ambush you, and you roll into the smoke to avoid detection, then storm in like you're on a mission and without breaking stride slam a knife into one Imperial's chest. Then you beat the stuffing out of another and actually have him on the ground choking him! Camera angles out to an Imperial officer who looks behind him. An Imperial trooper emerges from the smoke and you follow him. The Imp stops dead in his tracks and you keep walking. As you pass him...he collapses. Epic. Epic. Epic.