Changes that can make GF FPs more amicable for everyone.

If it's one thing we've learned as a community it's that flashpoints can get very contentious quickly when playing with random players that have different goals, playstyles, and patience levels. Here's a few problems that frequently arise, and how they could be fixed by Bioware:

Dialogue cutscenes:

Even though there's Story Mode, many players still queue for veteran mode, and irritate other players by not spamming spacebar. This system needed to be revised years ago. Skipping dialogue should work like vote kicks, if two or more members opt to skip the cutscene it should automatically finish for the entire group. Also, you shouldn't have to press space bar 100 times. Simply add a three or four second timer for holding spacebar with a UI element that shows progress toward cancellation. If two members do this, the convo ends. Then a box pops up for other members explaining convos can be viewed in Solo mode unchallenged.

Before long, most players will be holding space bar just to prevent the popup. :rak_03:

Bonus Objectives & Bosses:

This one is simple. Make bonuses worth doing. The reason players queue for flashpoints is CXP. If killing a bonus boss would make the run twice or three times more rewarding everyone would be onboard. Also, unique loot drops go along way.

Mob skipping:

One of the most frustrating things for long time vets of older flashpoints is when needless trash mobs get pulled by less experienced players. So either make bonus objectives for killing all trash, and/or as little as possible so players are rewarded for one style or another.

:rak_02:Do you have other ideas or suggestions? let's hear em.

Edited by ViciousFett

Then a box pops up for other members explaining convos can be viewed in Solo mode unchallenged.

OK, but do tell, where do I go to play through Story Mode of these?

* Hammer Station

* Czerka Labs

* etc.

The biggest thing that can make these FPs more amicable is a healthy dose of patience on the part of speedrunners. And frankly, I don't think that Bioware can help with that.

* Hammer Station - Fleet

* Czerka Labs - CZ-198

* etc. - Google

Honestly, a separate Story Mode selection menu wouldn't be a bad addition though. We already have it for the new chapters.

The biggest thing that can make these FPs more amicable is a healthy dose of patience on the part of speedrunners. And frankly, I don't think that Bioware can help with that.
And since it will never happen I made practical suggestions that could change the situation instead of expecting players with different views to miraculously conform. Edited by ViciousFett

At the end of the day, veteran players are trying to get the most CXP or EXP as quickly as possible. As it stands now, bonus content, extra mobs and the cut scenes all get in the way of this.

To me these are all easily solvable by making them worthwhile. Bonus Missions should award enough CXP to make them worthwhile, say potentially the same amount of CXP you would get for beating a boss in the instance or perhaps a little more.

I've never been a fan of the mob skipping in dungeons.. really cheapens the experience and to me is just poor design of a flash point. To be fair in ANY MMO I've never liked the concept of mob skipping... Everything should have a purpose.. The mobs should be worthwhile as well (maybe towards the overall bonus goal)

Most of this can be solved with communication before starting. Expecting people to conform to silent demands is not realistic and leads to more anger. Not saying OP does or doesn't do that, but I've noticed better runs when someone takes the few seconds to ask in the beginning and sets expectations.

From this point of view, an additional story mode would be nice, with NOT skippable cutscenes ...

Um. What purpose would it serve to add that? If I want to go through story mode and see all the cutscenes, I just don't skip them. What would it add to make a story mode where skipping them is impossible?

I would like to think some quality of life changes would be made to group content around the revamped group finder but I doubt it.

I agree that flashpoints definitely need some changes with cut scenes. The frustrating thing for me is that the game seems to glitch leaving a static image of the npc for up to a minute if you hit space bar. If we are encouraged to replay content over this gets old very quickly

Edited by Eloc