Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

NamikazeNaruto

So on my server it has gotten to the point where other ranked teams refuse to face the guild I am in ranked warzones. Now not queueing is one thing... but these guys queue in 2 sets of eight. The purpose of this is for them to face each other. Ok, that's all fine and dandy too, but if either of these two teams happen to be in a queue against us, they don't even play the game. None of them even enter the ranked warzones. So the past 3 days my teammates have had the majority of our games be empty ranked warzones. We just stand there for the entire game because there is noone to fight. At the end, we get ranked comms but pretty much no rating whatsoever. The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?

Why should they "fix" it? It's not broken. Bioware isn't going to force a team to play when they don't want to play.

Think about what you can do to make playing matches against you more desirable.

So on my server it has gotten to the point where other ranked teams refuse to face the guild I am in ranked warzones. Now not queueing is one thing... but these guys queue in 2 sets of eight. The purpose of this is for them to face each other. Ok, that's all fine and dandy too, but if either of these two teams happen to be in a queue against us, they don't even play the game. None of them even enter the ranked warzones. So the past 3 days my teammates have had the majority of our games be empty ranked warzones. We just stand there for the entire game because there is noone to fight. At the end, we get ranked comms but pretty much no rating whatsoever. The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?

I'm confused... Are you bragging that all other teams are terrified at the sight of your team, or asking BW to ::force persuade:: other teams to play against yours?

I intend to start doing this with my own guild. if one guild is stacked, then there's no reason to play them. I'm perfectly happy to bring in 16 ppl with varying degrees of skill/gear and organize two equal teams. I know for a fact that the best guild on my server has enough players to do this any time they want. if they do it or not...hey. iunno. but I've had my last rated pug.

How does this differ from any other ranked ladder game? You're actually still getting ranked standing.

So if your guild had 16 online and you wanted to go against each other, is that wrong?

Edited by Rhuobhe

Why should they "fix" it? It's not broken. Bioware isn't going to force a team to play when they don't want to play.

Think about what you can do to make playing matches against you more desirable.

The only thing we could possibly do to make teams want to played rateds against us is to lose on purpose, which we're not going to do.

How does this differ from any other ranked ladder game? You're actually still getting ranked standing.

So if your guild had 16 online and you wanted to go against each other, is that wrong?

Actually no, we don't really get hardly any rating for standing around, because none of them even enter the game. Hence we usually stand around for 10-15 minutes just to get 1 rating at the very most, for that game. There are times we do not get to play at all because all the teams are purposely avoiding us, even if it means forfeiting the match and losing their points, while we gain 1 point.

You really think BW intended for a particular group of people to not be able to play anyone in ranked because everyone would rather lose their rating outright than try and play against them? I'm saying that those on the republic side just do a /who "Our Guild Name" when they get a ranked queue, and if they see us vanish from the fleet, or if they see some other way that we just got a queue, none of that team will enter the ranked match, which is why we get 1 point.

So you really think it's fair that our guild hardly ever gets to play ranked because 75% of other ranked teams avoids us like the plague, even at the expense of losing their own rating. Meanwhile we stand on the fleet all night or in empty warzones while others get to play ranked against each other.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Wow, what the heck is this? The entire point of a ranked war zones is to compete against the best of the best...

Saying meh, we're going to lose anyway so lets leave this queue and start another with our guildies isn't competing. It's giving up, and those people have no right to even be allowed into ranked games in my opinion. They need to add an hour+ long deserter buff to people who leave a triggered rwz queue.

If you can't take losing, don't compete. Go back to the regular queue and dominate fail pugs all day so you can try and feel better about losing.

Ahahahahahahaha...

>.< so lemme get this straight, all the whiners in the "Premade's ruin normal wz's thread" tell premades (groups of 4 mind you) to do ranked, but if we're in ranked and too good...

>.< We're suppose to either be weaker, or not play ranked. Ya'll need to just admit you are the ones who don't want competition.

well lets break this down

I'll simply take you at face value and assume that you are the awesomeness for the purpose of this thought experiment.

Nobody will face you?

Lets look at some reasons why.

The answer is quite simple.

If the other team gets beaten so badly they get no medals, or almost no medals then there really is no point to playing. Would you want to spend 15 minutes being a punching bag for no reward whatsoever?

While roflstomping a group of your fellow players can be amusing you have to also bear in mind that these are people and they simply are not going to keep coming back for more and get nothing for it.

Yeah I know, play more, get better gear, yada yada, but honestly I learn more from losing a competitive match than I do from getting roflstomped.

Just because it's a ranked WZ doesn't mean people are going to behave any differently. People are people.

So my suggestion would be for you to break up and make more teams. spread your uber leetness around a bit.

That way you get a good challenge, more pops, and they might be willing to face you.

Shrinkology 101 class dismissed, there will not be a test later and feel free to draw obscene things on the whiteboard for the next group to use the room.

not the droids you are looking for...move along..

You guys tried splitting your ranked team into 2 4man groups, invite 4 randoms on each team and then queue?

Lots of things you can do besides moan on the forums. If you don't want to break up your perfect team comp and min/maxed WH gear toons, then it's nothing to do with wanting good and even fights and EVERYTHING to do with your epeen stroking.

As others suggested as well. queue with your undergeared toons...

Bring subpar ACs

Experiment with alternative team comps

If people queue dodge cuz you wreck their faces every time, then handicap yourselves so people feel they have a decent shot at winning.

You can't loose your personal skills, but you CAN change your gear and teamcomp and since this game has a heavy emphasis on both team comp and gear level, that's where you can adjust things.

Oh and if you loose rating?? Who cares, it's pre-season (still)

Wow, what the heck is this? The entire point of a ranked war zones is to compete against the best of the best...

Saying meh, we're going to lose anyway so lets leave this queue and start another with our guildies isn't competing. It's giving up, and those people have no right to even be allowed into ranked games in my opinion. They need to add an hour+ long deserter buff to people who leave a triggered rwz queue.

If you can't take losing, don't compete. Go back to the regular queue and dominate fail pugs all day so you can try and feel better about losing.

So a merk that wants to do ranked should be forced to fight against a lolmara. I mean seriously fighting the best of the best, best at rolling fotm? You cant call somebody best if he is plaing mara, because he has so many defensive cooldowns that surviving compared to a merk is easy mode and doing damage ... well anyone who thinks lolsmashspec is hard needs some serious help. So yeah why should a team full of merks for example want to play against a team full of warriors.

Good path to victory for the opposing team. Victory through defeat.

maybe it had different reason?

This happens also on my server The red eclipse . they "farm" ranked comms. Its cheating, first round win first team, second round is winner scond team.

They get everytime as much medals as possible for short time etc ... My guild dont support this and i kick every1 who is involved.

Edited by mrekxxx

maybe it had different reason?

This happens also on my server The red eclipse . they "farm" ranked comms. Its cheating, first round win first team, second round is winner scond team.

They get everytime as much medals as possible for short time etc ... My guild dont support this and i kick every1 who is involved.

Even if the reason is different it is still cheating the system and I am against it.