just subed. do i need to buy ALL the exps?

DrwHem

I just subscribed and am a returning founding player. so i already have 2 level 50s. in order to ge to level 55 and then 60 do i need to buy revan? if so what happens if i let my subscription lapse and just buy revan?

I just subscribed and am a returning founding player. so i already have 2 level 50s. in order to ge to level 55 and then 60 do i need to buy revan? if so what happens if i let my subscription lapse and just buy revan?

If you're a subscriber you automatically get the first expansion (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) for free and it will stay unlocked even if you let your subscription lapse and go to Preferred (provided you paid for the subscription, it doesn't unlock if you're only subscribed through a free 7-day promotion). That will give you access up to level 55.

To get from 55 to 60, though, you will need to buy Shadow of Revan.

If any readers found this information helpful, please consider clicking on this Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Edited by DarthDymond

I know when Bioware first released SoR they were offering RoHC along with it for free, but I don't know if that promotion is still going.

From the Shadow of Revan FAQ:

Q5: How do I get the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Digital Expansion?

[...]Purchases of Shadow of Revan after December 1st will continue to include Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Subscribers also automatically receive Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Edited by DarthDymond

If it is still available, I would recommend the $40 Revan Expac/2400 Cartel Coin/60 day game time bundle.

http://www.swtor.com/choose-your-path/rejoin

Click the Buy Now link at the bottom. It is a steal of deal.

2400 CC is normally $20

60 days of game time is normally $30

The Revan expansion by itself is $20

So thats $70 value for $40.

Can I ask. If you buy the 'bundle' above does it start right away, or can you set a start date? I'm going to be away for 10+ days and unable to play :( It would be useful to have it start the day I get back...

Yeah it will start as of date of purchase. If you have already subbed for a month, it will tack it onto the end of your sub (though you will get the first batch of the 60 day time cartel coins immediately and the second 30 days later).

If you want to not lose out on the 10 days you will be away, you could use anyone's referral code to give yourself an additional 7 days of access. I can confirm that you can use a referral code even after subbing. I used one after two days of being subbed already. Not sure how long into your sub you can use one, but it definitely added the 7 days to my game time.

You can find those codes in most of our signatures.

Yeah it will start as of date of purchase. If you have already subbed for a month, it will tack it onto the end of your sub (though you will get the first batch of the 60 day time cartel coins immediately and the second 30 days later).

If you want to not lose out on the 10 days you will be away, you could use anyone's referral code to give yourself an additional 7 days of access. I can confirm that you can use a referral code even after subbing. I used one after two days of being subbed already. Not sure how long into your sub you can use one, but it definitely added the 7 days to my game time.

You can find those codes in most of our signatures.

Yeah, I've tried using a few referral codes, but after clicking on one all I get is an error saying 'This referral already exists.' I haven't played for almost a year, so I don't see why that errors coming up??