[Imperial Agent] Minister Of Intelligence hanged?

Myrdovar

[spoiler WARNING]

At the end of the IA Chapter, you have a last talk to the Minister of Intelligence, the former Keeper.

Based on your decisions before this, the Minister will tell you he might be hanged for what he's done - the Sith are not pleased with him..

Despite of the events in Chapter 2, where the Minister did a bad thing against my Agent, my Agent liked and respected him.

I wonder- do you ever hear from the Minister again? Is there any sidenote to tell you what happened to him?

Edited by Myrdovar
Formatting Subject

[spoiler WARNING]

At the end of the IA Chapter, you have a last talk to the Minister of Intelligence, the former Keeper.

Based on your decisions before this, the Minister will tell you he might be hanged for what he's done - the Sith are not pleased with him..

Despite of the events in Chapter 2, where the Minister did a bad thing against my Agent, my Agent liked and respected him.

I wonder- do you ever hear from the Minister again? Is there any sidenote to tell you what happened to him?

When you finish Forged Alliances 1, the Agent gets a mail from an individual calling themself "Terminis" which is, of course, the same as Minister. He is alive at this point.

If you are asking about this im assuming you want spoilers and anyone in this thread wants spoilers so I think all future post can cut the spoiler tags.

The Minister (as discovered in the Forged Alliances emails) was forced into retirement. However, unlike Watcher X, the Minister is able to retire in a nice fashion. He continues to serve the Empire but is allowed to do it from his own home.

If you are asking about this im assuming you want spoilers and anyone in this thread wants spoilers so I think all future post can cut the spoiler tags.

The Minister (as discovered in the Forged Alliances emails) was forced into retirement. However, unlike Watcher X, the Minister is able to retire in a nice fashion. He continues to serve the Empire but is allowed to do it from his own home.

Not really.

As Dan_Loto pointed out earlier, it is implied he was "retired" to somewhere else.

Subject: A New Home

I have decided to keep my walls bare, here in the domicile to which I've been told I've retired.

It's quite a thing to find yourself at once no longer required and yet too vital to cast aside. My days are spent in pursuit of a better dejarik strategy. Better that than to allow languor to become the keeper of my thoughts.

Overheard a curious story about an old adversary resurfacing to play his games with his toys; I sometimes wonder if you were drawn into this particular shroud of deceit and how you might have handled yourself.

I hope you'll forgive the personal nature of this message. The truth is, I've always admired your intelligence.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Not really.

As Dan_Loto pointed out earlier, it is implied he was "retired" to somewhere else.

Subject: A New Home

I have decided to keep my walls bare, here in the domicile to which I've been told I've retired.

It's quite a thing to find yourself at once no longer required and yet too vital to cast aside. My days are spent in pursuit of a better dejarik strategy. Better that than to allow languor to become the keeper of my thoughts.

Overheard a curious story about an old adversary resurfacing to play his games with his toys; I sometimes wonder if you were drawn into this particular shroud of deceit and how you might have handled yourself.

I hope you'll forgive the personal nature of this message. The truth is, I've always admired your intelligence.

When I used the word "Home" I didnt mean the place he was living before retirement. I meant the place he is currently retired too would be considered his new home. My mistake for the confusion. Though re-reading this I can see why someone would think it was Shadow Town. I will disagree but that is just a personal opinion and nothing more.

I don't think they allow Dejerik tables in Shadow Town. He has a wife, so presumably he's living with her somewhere in Kaas city.

Despite knowing one another's nature quite well, you never learn his name and you never learn what his private life is like.

I do like the "I've always admired your intelligence" line. If I was an artist, I'd use that as a caption for a drawing of Keeper and Cipher 9 across from one another over a Dejerik table. It also suits the ending I got, considering that in the end I took his advice.

I don't think they allow Dejerik tables in Shadow Town. He has a wife, so presumably he's living with her somewhere in Kaas city.

Despite knowing one another's nature quite well, you never learn his name and you never learn what his private life is like.

You are taking the letter far too literally.

He also makes references to "keeper of my thoughts", "shroud of deceit" and "and [admirer of] your intelligence." It is a play on words, NOT that he has a board of dejarik in his new abode.

In the second mail, the title is "any real knowledges or understanding supposed", which is clearly a reference to Darth Arkous making him a visit, presumably on Shadow Town or somewhere similar, as Dan_Loto mentioned earlier.

I do like the "I've always admired your intelligence" line. If I was an artist, I'd use that as a caption for a drawing of Keeper and Cipher 9 across from one another over a Dejerik table. It also suits the ending I got, considering that in the end I took his advice.

The letter is the same for every single Agent, whether you took his advice or not.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You are taking the letter far too literally.

He also makes references to "keeper of my thoughts", "shroud of deceit" and "and [admirer of] your intelligence." It is a play on words, NOT that he has a board of dejarik in his new abode.

In the second mail, the title is "any real knowledges or understanding supposed", which is clearly a reference to Darth Arkous making him a visit, presumably on Shadow Town or somewhere similar, as Dan_Loto mentioned earlier.

The letter is the same for every single Agent, whether you took his advice or not.

Okay, calm yourself, I realize that it's the same, jeez. And on another note, the whole point of the mail is to look inconspicuous, so putting in actual things that have been happening or troubling him. On another note, the Dark Council would know where Keeper lives, so they can just as easily visit him elsewhere, oh great Arch-Pedant of the Forums.

Okay, calm yourself, I realize that it's the same, jeez.

Hmmmm, I am not sure what you makes you think I am not calm. :confused:

And on another note, the whole point of the mail is to look inconspicuous, so putting in actual things that have been happening or troubling him. On another note, the Dark Council would know where Keeper lives, so they can just as easily visit him elsewhere, oh great Arch-Pedant of the Forums.

You should probably take your own advice.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well, you started it, and you've done this exact same thing with other people.

I started with what exactly? :rolleyes:

Last I checked, people are entitled to counter-argument. It is certainly better than resorting to comments such as these:

oh great Arch-Pedant of the Forums.

Again, I suggest you take your own advice. You are taking things way too seriously.

I started with what exactly? :rolleyes:

Last I checked, people are entitled to counter-argument. It is certainly better than resorting to comments such as these:

Again, I suggest you take your own advice. You are taking things way too seriously.

It's hardly an insult. It's an analysis if anything.

It was pointless condescending remark, not to mention off-topic, surely not an analysis.

Condescending implies that I see myself as superior to yourself, which is totally false, as I merely disagree with your nitpicking and need to attempt to discredit any argument but your own. However, this conversation isn't going anywhere, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Condescending implies that I see myself as superior to yourself, which is totally false, as I merely disagree with your nitpicking and need to attempt to discredit any argument but your own.

That I do not know. Again, instead of focusing on the argument, you chose to be condescending, intentionally or not.

Regardless, your post implies you're the one who should calm down and check your post twice from hence forth, before clicking the "Submit Reply" button.

Also, "logic" is not synonyms with "nitpicking".

Edited by Darth_Wicked

So maybe it would be best if we dropped that particular discussion.

I dont think there is any way of know what type of house the Minister is, so lets just leave it to personal opinion and call it a day? No reason to cause drama

Well I haven't played Forged Alliances yet, but please "spoiler" the full content of the second mail to me :)

That's a pity. For I'd like to think he would not write any such mail if you rejected him in your last conversation.

I think the first letter can be interpreted in both ways - that he lives in Shadow Town or elsewhere.

But I also think Imperials must have discovered Watcher X's escape by now. AND Nar Shadaa is quite far from DK.

So I reckon they have "retired" him somwhere else- somwhere more safe, and he will be watched closely for all he knows.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Well I haven't played Forged Alliances yet, but please "spoiler" the full content of the second mail to me :)

Last I checked, I wasn't the first to spoil anything about any of the mails, not to mention the title itself is a spoiler for people who may have NOT finished the story.

That's a pity. For I'd like to think he would not write any such mail if you rejected him in your last conversation.

I think the first letter can be interpreted in both ways - that he lives in Shadow Town or elsewhere.

But I also think Imperials must have discovered Watcher X's escape by now. AND Nar Shadaa is quite far from DK.

So I reckon they have "retired" him somwhere else- somwhere more safe, and he will be watched closely for all he knows.

Of course, this is all speculation.

I guess you have no qualms about spoilers after all, assuming you are not the one being affected.

Also, Watcher X can either escape or be killed.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Last I checked, I wasn't the first to spoil anything about any of the mails, not to mention the title itself is a spoiler for people who may have NOT finished the story.

I guess you have no qualms about spoilers after all, assuming you are not the one being affected.

Also, Watcher X can either escape or be killed.

Well, if there's danger we could ruin the story for others, pls send me the content of Minister's 2nd mail via pm. I would like to know. Certainly neither you nor anyone here ruined it for me, that's why I asked in the first place.

Yes I forgot, the Agent may kill Watcher X, so he can't escape from the planet. But there's still the fact he escaped from his prison before getting killed. That's why I think some paranoid Sith may want to think of another prison for the Minister.

Edited by Myrdovar
clarifying remark added

Well, if there's danger we could ruin the story for others, pls send me the content of Minister's 2nd mail via pm. I would like to know. Certainly neither you nor anyone here ruined it for me, that's why I asked in the first place.

Yes I forgot, the Agent may kill Watcher X, so he can't escape from the planet. But there's still the fact he escaped from his prison before getting killed. That's why I think some paranoid Sith may want to think of another prison for the Minister.

All letters below, for each class:

2.7 Mails

2.9 Mails

2.10 Mails

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Great, thanks.

As I read that Mail for the Agent I wonder: Who was the sender of this message?

I don't think it's from the Minister. Could it be from WatcherX?

Then people who killed Watcher X couldn't get that mail, now could they? It's from the Shroud, which you find out by taking the first latter of each paragraph from bottom to top (Seems, Hey, Regardless, On, Unease, Downright).

Edited by Darkelefantos

Yeah, I really wonder why the Shroud contacts us, other than the fact we have the same profession. I guess he went up against Keeper at some point... does he see the Agent as a rival for the title of the best spy in the Galaxy? Does he admire the Agent for some reason? Consider us a kindred spirit?

Yeah, I really wonder why the Shroud contacts us, other than the fact we have the same profession. I guess he went up against Keeper at some point... does he see the Agent as a rival for the title of the best spy in the Galaxy? Does he admire the Agent for some reason? Consider us a kindred spirit?

More than likely, it's supposed to be a reference of sorts to the time when...

The Imperial Agent wrecked havoc to the Shroud's plan, to destroy Kaas City.

Issue being, I can imagine plenty of people not having done that chain-quest yet.

Assuming that is the case, the context is not there.

Edited by Darth_Wicked