How do you know who RP's?

Selvec

I don't know about everyone else, but something I find difficult on RP server's is knowing who RP's and who doesn't. I like RP flashpoints and heroic's and pretty much everything if I can. But more then often I don't know if the people I team up with RP also. Short of being in an RP guild, I have trouble thinking of a way of knowing.

See on most games I've played in the past, if you go on an RP server, then everyone RP's. If you don't, then nobody RP's. But SWTOR is different, and because of the lack of enforcement, not everyone on an RP server will RP.

So yea, how do you guys know when to RP or not?

I don't know about everyone else, but something I find difficult on RP server's is knowing who RP's and who doesn't. I like RP flashpoints and heroic's and pretty much everything if I can. But more then often I don't know if the people I team up with RP also. Short of being in an RP guild, I have trouble thinking of a way of knowing.

See on most games I've played in the past, if you go on an RP server, then everyone RP's. If you don't, then nobody RP's. But SWTOR is different, and because of the lack of enforcement, not everyone on an RP server will RP.

So yea, how do you guys know when to RP or not?

That's why they should add a simple /rp on-off option to the game (Lotro has it). Also, I simply look for people talking in /say, performing rp emotes and walking instead of running. Join the rp channel of your server and ask using General chat if you want some rp sessions. ;)

The sever I signed up for was RP-PVE, yet, after the merges and upgrade to super-severs, on the live sever list it's now labeled simply as RP. On the selection list here it's still RP-PVE though. I guess the website designers forgot to change that part.

I think if they strictly enforced RP on people it would be wrong, especially since, on top of what I already stated, some pure PVE severs were merged into RP-PVE severs like mine.

Edited by Radzkie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do actually like how the rules aren't strictly enforced, because as much as I like to RP, I don't always want to do it. Progression Ops for example are a damnsight easier OOC!

I don't know about the other US servers but we've had a bunch of people roll on Gav Daragon who haven't the slightest idea about RP, most just want the nicer community that usually exists on the RP servers. Just roll with whatever comes your way. If you're not sure about something, ask in double brackets so the person knows you're referring to RP.

• 1 month later...

RP tag would be great.

I just try to stay in character all the time, but that does little because i never talk to anyone unless I am on fleet. That is just weird, because my sith has no business chilling at the bar.