NiM Raptus and Brontes still bugged

Since Tuesdays patch I assumed they fixed the bug for SM/HM/NiM Raptus for the healing challenge but that is still bugged/impossible to beat.

The next bug I assumed they fixed was SM/HM/NiM Brontes where the left hand had 100% and the SM/HM was fixed on Tuesday but not on NiM.

Since 3.0 I have pugged two NiM DF runs on the Ebon Hawk and we easily got to Brontes and the the six finger phase but the left hand was still at 100% and impossible to defeat her.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed? I am really discouraged and dissapointed in running NiM DF/DP.

I also heard about NiM bugs for SnV and TFB but I am not sure about these.

P.S. For my inconvienence I should be given Wings of the Architect.

:cool:

Your inconvenience? If you want this mount so much you should deserve it like many before nerf and much more after it but before 3.0. Bug with tentacles was even when it was originaly released, stop crying really, you trying to get it cheap way now so wait more untill they fix content. Edited by Magvay

Thanks for the info for a get around, I will have to explain that to whoever is in the pug next time.

Although it will still be very hard, but I am sure we can manage something :)

@Magvey

//sarcasm

Edited by -Gorlock-
Left crap out

Not impossible, just go to higher amount of stacks, kill the right hand and then just kill the boss, it's harder but far from impossible, but naturally that is just a workaround and someone should probably send in a bug report =)

Gonna call ******** unless u got a video, definitely ******** at 55. My group killed down a hand in 6 finger phase from 100% @ lvl 55 but ball damage mixed with attack from brontes would overwhelm in last phase with the increased stacks that would be needed, a group could probably withstand some additional stacks at level 60 but with all the rng in that fight I find this hard to buy.

Granted I haven't done it since 3.0 the 5 level difference could allow for more of a beating.

Edited by Gwence

During the six finger phase does Brontes come out only when both hands go down? Or is on a set timer as I have never gotten to that point in a fight where we took to long on the fingers/hands.

I am going to say she is on a timer so you would REALLY have to hurry on that phase to get the fingers down quick, but you are getting punted a lot from the fingers and swapping so by default it already takes longer. I am going to have to guess that you do not even TOUCH the right hand during that phase and pop all raid utilities and do a hard burn on the left hand and then burn them equally until they push. Would take a while and be rough on the healers but it might be possible. Going to try it Monday or do it a Tuesday.

Gonna call ******** unless u got a video, definitely ******** at 55. My group killed down a hand in 6 finger phase from 100% @ lvl 55 but ball damage mixed with attack from brontes would overwhelm in last phase with the increased stacks that would be needed, a group could probably withstand some additional stacks at level 60 but with all the rng in that fight I find this hard to buy.

Granted I haven't done it since 3.0 the 5 level difference could allow for more of a beating.

I was under the assumption that we were talking what would be possible for a group of lvl 60, not 55, I can see how this would be really problematic at lvl 55 however at lvl 60 it's not impossible, sadly I don't have a video but I will see if someone streamed it and if so I will link =)

To be honest, the fight feels just the same/hard at 60 then it did pre 3.0 at 55. I didnt pull the fight more than 2 times before 3.0 and I got to the 6 finger phase but usually someone got punted wrong or whatever else happens and then people go to bed and we dont do it again for a while. I guess dps is a little faster, but not much to notice during the fight.

• 3 months later...

My group last night got hung up on the NiM Raptus fight because the healing challenge is still bugged.

To be specific, the debuffs sometimes would not appear, or would not go away despite cleanses, and then additionally, it didn't matter if the add still had plenty of health left, it would tell us we failed.

We even tried three healers and it didn't work.

Someone else in the group had done it recently on Imp side and they said it only bugged on them once. So apparently it's not something that always happens. Anyone else have any ideas how to get past it or get it not to bug?

We did 3 DP NiM runs in the last two weeks, two of them on 16 man and didn't have a problem.

In 8man, go in with 2 heals that actually know how to heal and a dps that can offheal(let this dps cleanse one of the healers so the healer can instantly start bursthealing the add), tell them to use their cooldowns and adrenals, maybe pop your raidbuffs for them and you're done. You can fail the second challenge, doesn't matter really.

Your healers need to ignore any resource management for the challenge and just burstheal as much as possible.

For 16man, take as many healers as you need, really. Dps requirements now on lvl 60 are a joke for this fight. You can even tank Raptus with both dps challenges failed and easily heal through it by now.

Edited by Torvai