Inquisitor sorcerer Class balance

Dagi

I keep whining and whining un-till my voice is heard. I keep fighting for the Inquisitor rights to be balanced class.

Its incomprehensible how EA does not get the SWTOR classes to any balance! Just how hard can it be? I simply cant understand how come .e.g hitting with rifle (Commando/BH) does more damage than Thunderingblast/Turbilence. I can hit 2.5k and I have resived 4k hits from rifles on melee hit. Or in any case when e.g Inquisitor as caster does about 2.5k to 3k crits with full Battle master gear and Commando/BH does more in Healing spec, -Do you think its fair to give healer the same DPS?.. I dont even want to think those 5-10k smash hits from warriors. Whats the idea of the PvP when you are dead in 1.5 secs!

All of you who are now about to type l2p or reroll. To l2p I have played enough to know what is going on with the class. I have played most of the classes on 50. And I do not want to re-roll I want to play this class. The Inquisitor sorcerer has been out of balance for years!

I miss that good Bioware before EA-games.

I keep whining and whining un-till my voice is heard. I keep fighting for the Inquisitor rights to be balanced class.

Its incomprehensible how EA does not get the SWTOR classes to any balance! Just how hard can it be? I simply cant understand how come .e.g hitting with rifle (Commando/BH) does more damage than Thunderingblast/Turbilence. I can hit 2.5k and I have resived 4k hits from rifles on melee hit. Or in any case when e.g Inquisitor as caster does about 2.5k to 3k crits with full Battle master gear and Commando/BH does more in Healing spec, -Do you think its fair to give healer the same DPS?.. I dont even want to think those 5-10k smash hits from warriors. Whats the idea of the PvP when you are dead in 1.5 secs!

All of you who are now about to type l2p or reroll. To l2p I have played enough to know what is going on with the class. I have played most of the classes on 50. And I do not want to re-roll I want to play this class. The Inquisitor sorcerer has been out of balance for years!

I miss that good Bioware before EA-games.

Keep in mind you are wearing LIGHT armor. That makes Sorcs very squishy. I have a Sorc myself so I know it can be frustrating to be melted down in two seconds. Pvp in this game is more about burst damage over sustained damage. The whole expertise thing is crap, also, but I won't get into that.

I don't know how you play, but if a rifle strike does more damage thanTB/Turb then you are doing something wrong. Rifle strikes do not hit me that hard at all.Are you sure it was a Commando and not a Vanguard, which are built more to be in your face? I have never seen a Commando dish out a 4k hit from bashing me with their weapon. The thing about a Commando doing more damage as a healer, are you sure they are not a hybrid spec?

Remember, you are one of the squishiest classes in the game. You are going to take more damage per hit from any source. You have to accept that and learn to keep away from Melee as best you can. It's hard with all the damn pulls and root leaping that goes on, but you do have Force Run. Use it wisely.

I mean, the game is not perfect. However, you must also realize that yes, Bioware is still making the game, don't put the blame on EA, they just own the company now and thats also where Bioware gets their funding. EA isn't sitting in their HQ, saying - "keep things imbalanced - we want this game that we've spent millions on to fail." Its just not a good business decision. They have come a long way since launch and they are trying to make things better.

However. With the way things are - there are plenty of sorcs that thoroughly enjoy their class. They play them differently though I'm sure. Maybe thats something to look into. Gearing up, changing some things in your skill tree and changing your rotation. There is a great deal of skill to this game, don't let that beat you!

Kanonier

While the Sorcerer's DPS in PVP is clearly not fine I would question the logic of your current Spec, Build, and Play-style.

First, why are you attempting to run a Lightning build in PVP? Moreover, why are you stacking extra Surge?

You are more than likely well into diminishing returns on Surge and should be stacking Endurance and Willpower. Perhaps this is one reason you are having survivability issues.

As for the build, you cannot port our PVE builds into PVP and assume they will work.

On a pure DPS scale, sure, 3/31/7 slightly out performs 1/12/28; in situations where mobility is a major factor (IE: Everything but defending an objective) Madness and the Hybrid are quantitatively superior.

Furthermore, why is your Thundering Blast not breaking 3.2-3.5k?

This is likely because you are missing out on as much as 252 Will Power thanks to your ill-advised stacking of surge.

Yes, Sorcerers are at an extremely disavantaged state in PVP.

This however is a Learn-to-Play issue.

Sorry. ;)

VR60 Hybrid (1/12/28) Sorc

Lucky me, that now the respec is free. Gosh I have spend millions for respecs. Im Playing with madness atm, still the point is that what is this thunderingblast used for 2sec cast for 3kdamage 9sec cd? And that is the ultimate-last thing you get?

I wish to stay on inquisitor topic but that is only 1% how this game was bashed out for mainstream wow clones. And if someone says now here that its not gone bad, it did I did go bad the day it where set as free to play. Free to play was the last despred shout from EA to get ppl playing it.

I waited so long for this. What did we get? World of StarWars with less classes and more buggy engine with empty worlds.

Or in any case when e.g Inquisitor as caster does about 2.5k to 3k crits with full Battle master gear and Commando/BH does more in Healing spec, -Do you think its fair to give healer the same DPS?

Can I take credit for this?

Sometimes when I get bored during a non-close game, I switch to being a healer (Full Pyro build with 2 points to lower heal casting time).

I'll be healing for a few minutes and then someone takes notice of me, they start heading my way at which point they eat an Incendiary Missile, Thermal Detonator, Railshot, and instant cast Fusion Missile. A few seconds later they should realize I'm not a healer, but not all do.

I saw some sorcs do over 1million damage in a WZ, so stop complaining and start learning to play.

Most sorcs are just super bad, they sit there and shoot their lightning at the Marauder while face tanking gored ravage and wonder *** just happened....

I saw some sorcs do over 1million damage in a WZ, so stop complaining and start learning to play.

Most sorcs are just super bad, they sit there and shoot their lightning at the Marauder while face tanking gored ravage and wonder *** just happened....

his mains are a marauder and powertech LOL

yea man im sure u like sorcs just as they are

I have no trouble topping damage charts with a Madness sorc. Do I get blown up by multiple enemies? Of course, everyone does (even a marauder).

Class balance is fine, warzone balance is not. When its competitive its fun. When its not, you feel like a worthless lump of sith who gets two shot every spawn.

Check the lastest vid where I am smashing idiots one v one no premade just solo in a war zone. Stop crying and get better. When u look at the video just understand what u r watching is a level u will never get to.

http://Www.twitch.tv/luxfordswtor

I watched one of your vids. This is what I saw:

1. Stay far far away from everyone.

2. Spam affliction on everything. Great way to break CC btw.

3. Spam AoE.

4. Die the moment you get noticed.

5. You never once cleansed Force Exhaustion off.

6. You don't bubble anyone but yourself, even when the person right next to you is getting focused.

BTW, I wouldn't go around claiming you are smashing people 1 vs. 1, when you died to the smash Sent with a sniper helping you kill him.

At least we now know that a DPS Sorc is great in random pug games. :rolleyes:

Staying away from people as a sorc is the only way err kind of the only way to stay alive. That's how we should play, nothing wrong with that.

Dying to a sent is going to happen,can't win them all but as u can see I clearly win most of them. With that being said there are some classes if played well I'll never drop like a sin shadow. They are just made to destroy a sorc sage.

Why is the hell would a bubble anyone who isn't q'g with me??! How much is a force bubble cost in force nowadays? 45 force? Hell no. Just trying to dps for the most part in these vids. I'm for the belief every sorc for them self. It needs to be that way In a pug group.

Staying away from people as a sorc is the only way err kind of the only way to stay alive. That's how we should play, nothing wrong with that.

Dying to a sent is going to happen,can't win them all but as u can see I clearly win most of them. With that being said there are some classes if played well I'll never drop like a sin shadow. They are just made to destroy a sorc sage.

Why is the hell would a bubble anyone who isn't q'g with me??! How much is a force bubble cost in force nowadays? 45 force? Hell no. Just trying to dps for the most part in these vids. I'm for the belief every sorc for them self. It needs to be that way In a pug group.

You mean... you play miles from objectives, lose because you're worthless, and can only defeat enemies that are preoccupied with someone else and being pummeled already?

You play to end with big dps numbers at the end of matches- not to help your team or try to win. Good for you, you have your priorities- but you have zero say when in a conversation on trying to make sorcs useful in pvp. Frankly- no rated team would ever take a sorc like you who plays solely for your own numbers.

Your very first sentence just validated the OP and every other thread asking for buffs to Sorcs.

No class, in any game, can function when their only choice is to stay away from everyone else in PvP. You can't guard objectives if you have to stay away from enemies. You can't try to take objectives if you have to stay away from enemies. If we were built around kitting and had the tools to kite, I wouldn't care. However, we aren't and trying to talk yourself into a happy place while getting roflstomped by any decent player that targets you is hilarious.

I'm going to leave it here. I have a feeling you just want big numbers on the score board. Which is ironic, since you can get larger numbers with more ease as a Mara/Jugg/PT/Sinper.

Your very first sentence just validated the OP and every other thread asking for buffs to Sorcs.

No class, in any game, can function when their only choice is to stay away from everyone else in PvP. You can't guard objectives if you have to stay away from enemies. You can't try to take objectives if you have to stay away from enemies. If we were built around kitting and had the tools to kite, I wouldn't care. However, we aren't and trying to talk yourself into a happy place while getting roflstomped by any decent player that targets you is hilarious.

I'm going to leave it here. I have a feeling you just want big numbers on the score board. Which is ironic, since you can get larger numbers with more ease as a Mara/Jugg/PT/Sinper.

We are built around kiting. We are supposed to keep distance from things, and we can because we are ranged (this is why we have 20 second force speed, for mobility). The issues with sage dps is it is not bursty enough, force resources are not great for balance, poor survival unless you spec bubble stun (which is gimping your dps output) and that will get nerfed anyway - sages are focus fired more than anyone.

Think my record in balance is around 760k, but that is when im facing teams with lots of op healers, its not aoe pad damage tho its manily dot and fob ticks. Problem is my maximum burst is 4.2k -4.8k from fob (I have only hit 5k once). Yes i understand that a class that can dps and off heal should not be able to damage as much as a pure dps class but the problem is we are the squishiest class in the game with no hard defensive cooldowns.

31 points in balance is the best dps for pvp but also the worst survival, its just a constant trade off for sages, we have better survival we have terrible dps, we have better dps we have terrible survival, and the dps is sub par, sustained dot damage relying on procs and no one to focus you (we are easily shutdown, and kiting is the only effective way to deal with 1-2 people).

Dps needs more love.

Edited by PloGreen

We are built around kiting. .

Sorry- we have one instant snare that has double the CD as the duration, our other snare we spec into roots us while using. We have zero baseline roots. We have zero baseline ability to break any CC other than snares with force speed (and the CC break everyone gets).

That is not a kiting class- that is not built for kiting.

Having no way to permanently snare someone, and zero baseline roots- there isn't a sane person in the world who would consider that to be a class built around kiting.

Sorry- we have one instant snare that has double the CD as the duration, our other snare we spec into roots us while using. We have zero baseline roots. We have zero baseline ability to break any CC other than snares with force speed (and the CC break everyone gets).

That is not a kiting class- that is not built for kiting.

Having no way to permanently snare someone, and zero baseline roots- there isn't a sane person in the world who would consider that to be a class built around kiting.

The whole class is built for kiting. Force speed, sever force, knockback at range in a cone, 4 second stun, force slow, force lift are all aids to kiting.

If you are not using them to kite what are you doing? Just standing still? We are not an immobile turret class. Just so happens that our main attacks are channeled and rely on procs. But yes we can kite and I do it all the time.

Edited by PloGreen