Simple Ewok question...

Tallyllama

Endor and the Ewoks didn't really come into the galactic consciousness until Return of the Jedi, which takes place some 3,000 years after this game. While it could be possible that Endor was discovered, briefly inhabited, then forgotten about, thus including it and Ewoks in the game, it would likely strain credulity.

bad troll is bad

there already is a thread on this with the question answered

Laughable...not trolling real question. search feature here sucks, so chill. To the other guy...thanks a lot. makes sense. I guess its not like the Ewoks had thier own technology to leave thier planet, right? :)

Laughable...not trolling real question. search feature here sucks, so chill. To the other guy...thanks a lot. makes sense. I guess its not like the Ewoks had thier own technology to leave thier planet, right? :)

it was on the second page, pretty long thread, the OP question was damn near identical to yours, thus my post.

There is 3,000 years between this game and the Movies. the Ewoks are primitive tribal race. That was reason the Death Star 2 was built there was because it was in an area of space that very very few people went. There was a ship that crashed there before ROTJ (per the Ewok movies) but other than that, there was nothing special about it.

it was on the second page, pretty long thread, the OP question was damn near identical to yours, thus my post.

There is 3,000 years between this game and the Movies. the Ewoks are primitive tribal race. That was reason the Death Star 2 was built there was because it was in an area of space that very very few people went. There was a ship that crashed there before ROTJ (per the Ewok movies) but other than that, there was nothing special about it.

Except rocks and sticks that destroyed AT-STs and confounded Storm Troopers...

Also, fabulous hair designers.

They didn't destroy AT-STs with rocks and sticks. They used cunningly designed traps involving MASSIVE logs.

Rocks and sticks did kill stormtroopers, but every suit of armor has its weak points.

And it's part of the whole fantasy aspect of Star Wars, that one free man (or Ewok) defending his home is worth ten hired soldiers. At the end of the day, the Ewoks won because they wanted it more, they wee fighting for their homes, their lives, their freedom, like the whole Rebel Alliance was doing.

Ewoks are awesome.

There's a reason nobody ever went there.

Endor is the home of the native plant species Ahrmorpiercus Carniferous, a towering tree that evolved a unique defense mechanism against predators: the wood of the tree had immense tensile strength and durability, protecting it from burrowing predators, and the branches ended in sharp points of near-molecule width, allowing them to pierce even the hardiest of armored foraging creatures (the dead bodies would then help fertilize the tree).

The upper crust of Endor was also full of a unique mineral element called Crushicalium, which caused the rocks and boulders of the world to vibrate with a nearly imperceptible resonance frequency. When lying on the ground, or touching a living being, the effect was unnoticeable, but when they were struck violently together, or against another suitably hard surface (such as a metal walker, or hardened body-armor), the rocks would release their stored energy and cause the impact to have nearly a thousand-fold times the kinetic force that it otherwise would.

And this is why people left Endor alone for so long.

Yeah, no.

Remember all the times the Ewoks DIDN'T bring down the walkers like the planned? The rocks dropped from gliders of hurled by catapults doing nothing to them? There was a rather steep learning curve at the opening of the battle.

Their victory had nothing to do with the "magical" properties of Endorian flora.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

They destroyed the AT-ST's with 2 massive logs slamming into the sides at the same time, and destabilizing the footing by rolling logs under it. Then Chewbacca stealing one and shooting the others.

The Ewoks where a distraction, all they were there to do was get Han and Leia into the Shield generator so the DS2 could be destroyed by the Rebellion.

MRCHalifax, I like how you think. :D One of my friends played in an PT-era Star Wars D20 tabletop game. His character was the son of JarJar, and a dark-side-leaning Force user. To say he had a few issues would be to understate things by a lot. Edited by Meira_Arirai

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
According to Wookiepedia, there was a secret Republic lab set up on Endor around 3,645 BBY.

Yes. It is mentioned in the book "red Harvest", which I just read, which takes place between the books "Deceived" (which has the fall of Coruscant in it) and "Fatal Alliance" another book taking place during this time.

So, as much as we used to think they were not discovered until RotJ, that has changed. They are within canon to have one (although, since they are a primitive race, technologically speaking, I'm not sure how he/she got off of the moon of endor).