Imperial Agent Bugs/Known Issues

saethone

Purpose of this Thread

This thread is meant to be a place where we can track and report bugs and glitches that affect the Imperial Agent. As many posts can be spammed off pages too quickly to be read, this will help us track these problems and will help new players who may experience something for the first time know if its to be expected or not.

How to Contribute

For a major issue, there will be likely be threads posted about it elsewhere on the forum. Simply link to these discussions when possible to keep replies more specific. On smaller issues, you can reply to this thread - but be sure to give specific info. "That thing doesn't work sometimes." isn't quite as helpful as "That thing doesn't work when I do this and then this."

Confirmed Issues

These problems have been tested and documented.

• 1/9/2012 - LOS issues during the Chapter 1 Boss Fight

Jadus can bug out and give "Cannot See Target" errors while standing at his start point in the fight, making it impossible to attack him from range (and often times melee as well).
    Running through him to grab aggro, and then pulling him down to the ground can alleviate the issue, but it is causing a lot of frustration to leveling agents.
    Further reading: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=99191

• 1/12/2012 - Medical Engineering procs cause a "laugh" sound to play. Minor, but still not likely working as intended.
  • 1/16/2012 - The "Sedatives" talent debuff creates aggro on the agent when the sleep dart wears off, even if the agent is very far away and out of combat.

Reported Issues

These problems need to be tested and documented.

• 1/9/2012 - Kolto Injection often takes a second or more after the cast time finishes to complete
  • 1/9/2012 - Attacks that began before cloaking screen was cast finish and break cloaking screen (even non-dots)
  • 1/9/2012 - Cloaking Screen will sometimes not 'end combat' preventing the player from being able to use recuperation, etc.
  • 1/10/2012 - Possible issue with the sniper ability "Shatter Shot" armor debuff not functioning.
  • 1/10/2012 - Issues with stealth and aggro range

Not sure if this is a bug or not. Most likely not, however when approaching a boss in an instance in stealth their pull range for being in stealth is a lot further than their pull range when not being in stealth.

To me I find that buggy, however it might be intended that way.

Also if you go out of stealth and the "circle of doom" starts, if you're not quick enough running away you pull aggro for the whole group.

Done that a couple of times, which in heroic have been catastrophic.

Only way to prevent this, but it doesn't always work, is to hide behind an object and be out of line of sight.

That bosses can see you is fine for me, but that they have a longer range when being in stealth than not is riddiculous and thus should be classified as a bug.
    I encountered something like this today. I Fubared a pull, and used Cloaking Screen to get away. Kaliyo died, I dismissed and resummoned her, stealthed, and moved towards the mobs. As soon as I reached their aggro range, they started attacking me and my stealth broke - I was a good 20m away at least.

• 1/10/2012 - Possible issues with DOT application to mobs over a certain level threshold (which decreases as level increases)
  • 1/10/2012 - Issues with crafting after a story line event

Crafting Bug....

When you lose Kaliyo before hitting Corellia there is all kinds of crafting bug nonsense. I know there is another thread regarding this bug, but thought I would put it here as well. After you lose her for this part of the story, you are limited to the amount of companions you can have crafting. I should be able to send out 5, but at times it limits me to 3?!?!? Some companions are greyed out when I have nobody running anything for crew skills. I thought at one point it was counting her as being part of the 5 total, but if that were the case I should be able to have 4 people crafting. Instead I have Vector (whom I use now) able to craft and two others. Normally the ship bot and doc, because for some reason the other 2 are greyed out...

• 1/10/12 - Issues with class quest when completing Alderaan before Tatooine

It's not a common occurance, because most people do Tatooine before Alderaan. But if you do the class stuff on Alderaan before the stuff on Tatooine players have reported that next mission does not properly acknowledge the player's location (they're supposed to go to a certain planet, I forget which) and the final Tatooine mission doesn't count as being completed.

I think that's basically what happens, but I did things in the more normal order so I didn't experience this myself and could be wrong.

• 1/10/12 - Unable to crouch while snared
  • 1/10/12 - Problems with "Advanced Recon" and "Flash Bang" activation / button becoming unusuable (possible UI issue?)
  • 1/10/12 - The Energy Regen tooltip in game is displaying the wrong regen level information - showing 4 levels of regen though we only have 3 levels.
  • 1/12/12 - Ambush frequently fails to fire when spamming snipe key while ambush is channeling.
  • 1/12/12 - Many areas where mobile cover cannot be placed on Quesh around the main road areas.
  • 1/16/2012 - Problems when activating the abilities "Frag Grenade", "Ambush", and "Series of Shots" (particularly when spamming the button), such as the animation firing but not the ability, or in the case of "Frag Grenade" the animation firing multiple times before the ability does.
  • 1/19/12 - "Medical Therapy" doesn't seem to be increasing the healing done to either "Recuperative Nanotech" or "Kolto Probe"

Debunked Issues

These problems have been reported and proven to be false.

Edited by saethone

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eviscerate doesn't work.....some NPCs and all PvP

Grenade throwing on the run...it often ***** backs the arm 3-4 times before it throws

Eviscerate is working as intended, read the tooltip.

Eviscerate

Instant

Range: 4m

Delivers a powerful knife attack to a vulnerable target, dealing 3591 - 3744 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets, and 2539 - 2692 kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets.

It will only work up to strong mobs (these are the ones with the silver border), and it has no function on the gold border mobs (Elite or Champion) or players.

Edited by saethone

The fight at the end of Chapter 1 should be mentioned, as well as cover issues in general. The bug that occurs when doing Alderaan before Tatooine should be mentioned, too.

I know the chapter 1 bug, but not the alderaan one, would you mind explaining it in a spoiler box?

Cover is still buggy as hell. I notice it the most in pvp. Funny delays, abilities cancel, cover won't even deploy or I won't roll in.

Being rooted is like another stun against snipers since I can't use cover.

Do you mean, while rooted you are unable to crouch or go to cover? Is it only moving to cover or can you not deploy your shield or crouch as well? I play an operative so I haven't really noticed this

I know the chapter 1 bug, but not the alderaan one, would you mind explaining it in a spoiler box?

well I don't know if it's a bug in reference to Alderaan but:

the fight in Rist Palace against the dud who blew up the Lord. The Turrets kept re-spawning mid fight...I'd take the turrets out, then one would pop right up back in it's place, was annoying as crap and had to Cloak Screen, before I just bursted Boss, Cloak, then beat the turrets after the fact

again not sure if bug, but it didn't seem right

Not sure if this is a bug or not. Most likely not, however when approaching a boss in an instance in stealth their pull range for being in stealth is a lot further than their pull range when not being in stealth.

Also if you go out of stealth and the "circle of doom" starts, if you're not quick enough running away you pull aggro for the whole group.

Only way to prevent this, but it doesn't always work, is to hide behind an object and be out of line of sight.

That bosses can see you is fine for me, but that they have a longer range when being in stealth than not is riddiculous and thus should be classified as a bug.

It's not a common occurance, because most people do Tatooine before Alderaan. But if you do the class stuff on Alderaan before the stuff on Tatooine players have reported that next mission does not properly acknowledge the player's location (they're supposed to go to a certain planet, I forget which) and the final Tatooine mission doesn't count as being completed.

I think that's basically what happens, but I did things in the more normal order so I didn't experience this myself and could be wrong.

Crafting Bug....

When you lose Kaliyo before hitting Corellia there is all kinds of crafting bug nonsense. I know there is another thread regarding this bug, but thought I would put it here as well. After you lose her for this part of the story, you are limited to the amount of companions you can have crafting. I should be able to send out 5, but at times it limits me to 3?!?!? Some companions are greyed out when I have nobody running anything for crew skills. I thought at one point it was counting her as being part of the 5 total, but if that were the case I should be able to have 4 people crafting. Instead I have Vector (whom I use now) able to craft and two others. Normally the ship bot and doc, because for some reason the other 2 are greyed out...

Armor Debuff working fine, my mistake.

Okay, not really sure about this, going to test it in a duel with a guildmate later on. But, basically, I believe our 20% armor debuff doesn't work. At least it doesn't seem to work on mobs, unless our attacks aren't affected by armor, which I don't think it's the case.

I can't show you any screenshot (no combat log, yay, awesome -_-) but basically I've tried Snipe/SoS on several different mobs, with and without the armor debuff on. Pretty much same numbers. Don't know if maybe it's just intended for PvP, or whatevs. As said, gonna try it later in a duel with guildie standings still. Might even try to take screenshots.

EDIT: took the liberty to edit this as to not mislead anyone.

Edited by MouthlessDonny

I've not been able to use :Advanced Recon for quite some time now.button just doesnt light up anymore during fights.tried cover/normal stance.pretty much anything and it just wont let me use it :(

I think I remember reading a Dev comment about that being a game wide issue and not just an IA issue, I'll try to see if I can find it and confirm

At some point DOT abitilies become not applicable to mobs

if they 5 levels or more above your level.

At level 35 you can use Interrogation Probe or Corrosive Dart

on lvl 40 enemy,

but at lvl 38 agains lvl 43 you cant.

Hrm, I haven't encountered this, and I've generally been doing planets at the earliest level possible. Its possible I just haven't noticed it though, since I'm not lethality spec corrosive dart is the only one I use. Something we'll need to test for sure.

Are you sure they aren't just resisting them?

I encountered something like this today. I Fubared a pull, and used Cloaking Screen to get away. Kaliyo died, I dismissed and resummoned her, stealthed, and moved towards the mobs. As soon as I reached their aggro range, they started attacking me and my stealth broke - I was a good 20m away at least.

Is the "increase stealth level " 3/3 infiltrator talent buged?

are you referring to the stealth level aspect of it, or the speed buff? The tooltip is a bit misleading - the speed buff doesn't stack with sprint, so it only applies in combat generally.

are you referring to the stealth level aspect of it, or the speed buff? The tooltip is a bit misleading - the speed buff doesn't stack with sprint, so it only applies in combat generally.

i refer to the stealth level aspect .

Okay, not really sure about this, going to test it in a duel with a guildmate later on. But, basically, I believe our 20% armor debuff doesn't work. At least it doesn't seem to work on mobs, unless our attacks aren't affected by armor, which I don't think it's the case.

I can't show you any screenshot (no combat log, yay, awesome -_-) but basically I've tried Snipe/SoS on several different mobs, with and without the armor debuff on. Pretty much same numbers. Don't know if maybe it's just intended for PvP, or whatevs. As said, gonna try it later in a duel with guildie standings still. Might even try to take screenshots.

Fraps would probably be better, so you can see the #s, but honestly just writing down the attacks should be fine for something like this. Damage ranges are generally pretty varied though so you'll need a lot of samples to really see if its happening or not. Snipe would be a good ability to test with, its one hit and white damage which is definitely affected by armor.