The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no other nominees for 9 from the NJO or PT eras?

There's plenty of nominees. Just seems that they have been swept under the rug at this time.

Seems we are currently caught up in who's the second best duelist of the Old Sith Wars Era, even though it doesn't matter, because Exar Kun was so far beyond everyone that second place is meaningless.

Edited by Aurbere

There's plenty of nominees. Just seems that they have been swept under the rug at this time.

Seems we are currently caught up in who's the second best duelist of the Old Sith Wars Era, even though it doesn't matter, because Exar Kun was so far beyond everyone that second place is meaningless.

Well that and it's irrelevant really.....though what other nominees do we have?

Well contrary to popular belief, this is a discussion thread. So if you have a contribution I encourage you to make one.

Anyway, I feel the sole fact that Baas was able to school Kun as a Padawan and fight on par with him as a Sith Lord elicits a place on this list. Only through his unorthodox style and Force power was Kun able to overcome him.

As for the NJO, I'm not sure Corran Horn possess the same level of skills. The evidence given does seem to suggest he was highly skilled with a blade but an ambidextrous Battlemaster, Weaponsmaster, artisan and tutor of the greatest duelist of the age? Not so much.

We also have Kit Fisto, but I feel the flaws in his style coupled with its simplicity don't stand up to Baas' skill.

But anyway, I'm kind of having a one-sided discussion here so if anyone has any other opinions I encourage you to chip in, or else come to some consensus on Baas so we can move on.

Well contrary to popular belief, this is a discussion thread. So if you have a contribution I encourage you to make one.

Anyway, I feel the sole fact that Baas was able to school Kun as a Padawan and fight on par with him as a Sith Lord elicits a place on this list. Only through his unorthodox style and Force power was Kun able to overcome him.

Except Baas only 'schooled' Kun once. And then Exar Kun proceeded to fairly easily defeat him after picking up a second lightsaber.

Also, during their final duel, Kun appeared to be going easy on Baas, focused more on gaining Baas' allegiance and taunting him, rather than outright defeating him.

A similar duel off the top of my head would be Dooku vs. Spymaster Tholme, or Dooku vs. Sora Bulq.

Edit: I can't comment on NJO characters and their skills, so I'll leave that to Tune and Star.

Edited by Aurbere

Baas was a Jedi Battlemaster? What?

Though..while Baas did train Kun, seems to me that was just a short time before he then left his master and did his own thing, becoming a Sith Lord and so forth later...so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. He did also duel Kun as a Sith....but as Aurbere said.

Aside from this...what else does he have? I'm not saying Vodo is bad but...I am just trying to figure this out here, he is a weapons master because of his quarterstaff because he just chose not to use a lighsaber...well ok, but I don't see why this would put him above someone else just because he chose a wooden piece to use combat with.

But I guess seeing as the other nominees don't seem to fair...though I am not well versed with NJO duelists...so.

/Shrug shall just have to wait on that.

=======

Something else that puzzles me...but I noticed something odd. Why is Raskta Lsu noted as a Weapons Master? I'm looking and all I can see is that she was adept, but not a master with the double bladed saber. Another thing I noticed is...

Lsu readily accepted and fulfilled her duties as Weapons Master by training all the Order's younglings in lightsaber combat

?.....That sounds like Battlemaster or Jedi Instructor to me, not Weapons Master. Me thinks that should be changed.

Not saying this would affect her standing, but it just seems odd.

Her page just seems weird, things should be changed and so forth to make it right.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Grevious, before he was wounded by mace windu and started coughing a lot, he had slain countless jedi and nearly killed Shaak ti and Ki Adi Mundi without taking a scratch. hes definitely stronger than fisto, but plo koon seems to be a high up there

on another note watch the opening cinematic for swtor again, malgus can fight like a pure monster, im not a huge fan of him but one can easily appreciate how he handles a lightsaber.

um, let me think.... Kyle Katarn? hes considered cannon. um...

Grevious, before he was wounded by mace windu and started coughing a lot, he had slain countless jedi and nearly killed Shaak ti and Ki Adi Mundi without taking a scratch. hes definitely stronger than fisto, but plo koon seems to be a high up there

on another note watch the opening cinematic for swtor again, malgus can fight like a pure monster, im not a huge fan of him but one can easily appreciate how he handles a lightsaber.

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi...

But don't worry, Malgus will make the Sith list.

Kyle is.....eh. I mean yeah he beat 7 dark jedi, but...he only had a short amount of training at the time, heck ESB Luke could probably beat them too. Against Desann....eh I never really found him doing anything impressive. Kyle's first duel against a real Sith Lord(Caedus) he almost lost a leg.

I just don't think Kyle makes the list really.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Don't tell me you're being serious.

I think he might be honestly don't know that Malgus will make the sith list I personally feel if he does it will be towards the bottom but of course I may be biased will come back to this later. I know I cant provide much on Corran or Saba unfortunately only that I feel Corran was better then Saba and Saba has shown great skill in Djem So.

Also being able to instantly recognize DJem So should not mean Djem So is any less effective. Djem So has never been a form about tricking someone its one of the easiest to recognize forms out there but it doesn't change how burtally effective it is. It still has an incredible powerful defense backed by a punishingly powerful offense even if it is fairly predictable.