Disappointment in cartel packs any one ELSE.

Last I checked, no one has a gun to your head forcing you to spend cartel coins on the packs.

lot of players hunt collections, some collectible items can be only from legend rank so need lot of packs till cap

have goals to the game is very healthy, but EA make it unhealthy so far, with random luck and lot of credits and the BOP system

lot of players hunt collections, some collectible items can be only from legend rank so need lot of packs till cap

They "need" to, eh? Again, there is no one forcing them to fill this "need."

have goals to the game is very healthy, but EA make it unhealthy so far with random luck

All games involve random luck to one extent or another. Again, it someone doesn't like the way it works, they are free to not participate. There is nothing in the CM that is essential for questing in the game.

and lot of credits and the BOP system

Most items from packs are not BoP. I'd like it, too, if the Cartel rep items were not BoP, but they are, so that's the way it is.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Agree^^^^^

You made a business decision instead of a gambling one. In that context it works. The first time I bought a CP I opened it and said, "God, were you stupid!" and I never did it again. But I still sold the silly Jawa Gram!

Yeah, I got some "Nice Try" Jawa gram and Darth Malak's jaw casing in my first pack, I wanted a derelict purple eviscerating crystal. Didn't get it in the packs I got with the CC's I had but made enough cred's selling the junk I had no interest in to buy what I wanted, so in the end it worked out for me. I've bought a few different collection pieces off the GTN now, I like that there's stuff there that I can get now. :)

Edited by Razamatazz

I didn't play lotto (lottery) for about 3 months and I felt a lack of gambling. So for the first time, I bought a hypercrate in Swtor (for the only purpose of having fun opening them). I expected nothing and got a lot. I must have been really lucky, because I got several cool speeders and some of the rarer pets which sell for 50k+ on the market, Revan statue, music health something, a weird chair, all sorts of crystals and weapons, several armor sets complete and rare stuff like Mira or Malak several times. Like I completed Mira's set and got two pieces extra for sale. Plus some other armor stuff I had recently bought cheap on the GTN (e. g. I once got the jacket of the last handmaiden on the GTN for 2000 only) which I could sell for good winning.

All in all, I have to say that I was very positively surprised. However, I had bought some single packs in the past, either for CC or on the GTN and I always only got crap. But this one hypercrate I bought was pure (ingame) gold for me. What I didn't get much was reputation though. And that is what this topic is actually about (we got a bit sidetracked). How much hypercrates do you need to buy to get to legend status? It must be a lot.

Still, the guy who just got a collector's edition in a game shop and could redeem the code was even more lucky than me with my hypercrate. ;)

I didn't play lotto (lottery) for about 3 months and I felt a lack of gambling. So for the first time, I bought a hypercrate in Swtor (for the only purpose of having fun opening them). I expected nothing and got a lot.

If you buy a hypercrate, you are going to get plenty. I have purchased 3 (off the GTN) and was able to re-sell the contents (that I chose to sell) for more than I paid each time.

I hate the hypercrates and do not spend money on them.

If BW expects to get any money from me beyond my subscription then individual items need to be in the market, not random gambling packs.

Ill pay for an item that I think is cool but I will not pay for a chance at an item thru packs.