The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 01: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs. Master Thon

Aurbere

Welcome to the reboot of The BattleZone. After the debacle that was Revan vs. Surik, I have restarted this versus series.

For those that don't know, this is a tournament consisting of thirty-two of the most powerful and most skilled Jedi and Sith across time.

The rebooted first round pits Krevaaki Weapon Master Vodo-Siosk Baas against Tchuukthai Jedi Master Thon.

Battlefield: Exis Station

Lightsaber Skills:

Vodo-Siosk Baas:

Master Baas was unparalleled in melee combat. While he could use a lightsaber with deadly efficiency, Master Baas preferred the use of a wooden quarterstaff imbued with the power of the Force. Master Baas was capable of executing highly effective acrobatic maneuvers with his six tentacles, and possessed advanced reflexes that were second to none.

Thon:

Thon possessed considerable ways to defend himself from attack. Armor-like plating on his back and neck served to defend himself from attack. He had spikes protruding from his jaw and shoulders, and his claws ended in sharp talons. While Thon was able to use a lightsaber, he has proven that he can defeat his foes with his powerful claws and his strong jaw.

Edge: It is difficult to give an edge to either of these two, but after long considerations, I feel that Vodo Baas' agility gives him an edge in melee combat.

Force Power:

Vodo-Siosk Baas:

Master Baas often preferred non-aggressive powers to defeat his opponents. He possessed many different Force abilities. He was capable of using Force Speed, Battlemind, Battle Meditation, Farsight, and Sever Force. He was also capable of using telekinesis to defeat opponents.

Thon:

Master Thon possessed a myriad of different abilities, some even the wisest of Jedi did not know of. He was capable of using Battle Meditation, but often differed to Arca Jeth on the matter. He was capable of telepathy, and the use of incredibly powerful Force Barriers, which were believed capable of stopping a sandcrawler in its path. Undoubtedly Thon's greatest use of power was when he contained the dark spirits of Ambria within a large lake, sealing them there forever.

Edge: Another tough choice, but the ability to use Sever Force gives Master Baas the edge, despite Thon's great power.

(Note that when I give the edge to someone, it is just my opinion)

Who will win this battle? Who is truly superior?

The biggest obstacle for Baas, is the Force Barrier but if he can use Force Speed or get someway through the barriers then Baas can wreck Thon. Their other powers, aren't really used for mid-combat except for Battle-med and TK(though the former isn't really an offensive thing). Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The biggest obstacle for Baas, is the Force Barrier but if he can use Force Speed or get someway through the barriers then Baas can wreck Thon. Their other powers, aren't really used for mid-combat except for Battle-med and TK(though the former isn't really an offensive thing).

That's what I was thinking as well. Though, breaking through that Force Barrier is not going to be easy. One thing to consider is Baas' Battlemind, which he can use to increase his energy. So he won't be tiring while trying to beat through that Barrier.

I don't know much about this characters but I'd give this to Thon. I'm not sure how powerful Vodo-Siosk Baas is but with an enchanted stick he'll have difficulty breaking through that barrier and then he's got to get through Thon's natural army.

But then again, what offensive abilities does Thon possess? This guy is clearly powerful but his strengths seem to lie more in the passive and defensive e.g. battle meditation, telepathy, Force barrier, rather than the offensive.

I don't know much about this characters but I'd give this to Thon. I'm not sure how powerful Vodo-Siosk Baas is but with an enchanted stick he'll have difficulty breaking through that barrier and then he's got to get through Thon's natural army.

But then again, what offensive abilities does Thon possess? This guy is clearly powerful but his strengths seem to lie more in the passive and defensive e.g. battle meditation, telepathy, Force barrier, rather than the offensive.

Probably just TK, standard abilities. He seems to mostly do defensive abilities, and just uses his teeth/claws even though he too can use a lightsaber. Though Baas uses a staff, it is imbued with the power of the Force making it deadly still, he also trained Kun and battled him quite well and even Kun was still outmatched up until he revealed his double bladed saber.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

His staff is as strong as a lightsaber when imbued with The Force.

Thon seems to mainly possess defensive skills, but he does have the standard telekinetic abilities of a Jedi.

OK, well if all Thon can do is bite and scratch them I have to give this one it Baas - he'll just dance around the dinosaur, batter down his Force barrier and strike.

P.S. Does his staff have cutting abilities like a lightsaber? Does it scald? Or does it just bash?

OK, well if all Thon can do is bite and scratch them I have to give this one it Baas - he'll just dance around the dinosaur, batter down his Force barrier and strike.

P.S. Does his staff have cutting abilities like a lightsaber? Does it scald? Or does it just bash?

I believe it is a bashing weapon. It has the durability of a lightsaber (though still prone to breaking as it is still wood), but maintains the properties of a wooden quarterstaff.

Thon has a lightsaber in addition to his natural weapons and armor.

Well its able to shatter stones and can withstand strikes from lightsabers, so take that as you will.

Probably just TK, standard abilities. He seems to mostly do defensive abilities, and just uses his teeth/claws even though he too can use a lightsaber. Though Baas uses a staff, it is imbued with the power of the Force making it deadly still, he also trained Kun and battled him quite well and even Kun was still outmatched up until he revealed his double bladed saber.

I think Kun was toying with him up until that point, and then "took the kid gloves off" and decided to finish Baas off.

Thon appears to be quite aggressive with his claws and other natural weapons, and given his almost insurmountable defensive powers, he can very likely box Baas in where his agility is useless and then rip him to pieces, much as Maul did to Qui-Gon.

I think Kun was toying with him up until that point, and then "took the kid gloves off" and decided to finish Baas off.

Thon appears to be quite aggressive with his claws and other natural weapons, and given his almost insurmountable defensive powers, he can very likely box Baas in where his agility is useless and then rip him to pieces, much as Maul did to Qui-Gon.

That's a good point, considering the environment.

Well said they were dueling evenly(probably shouldn't have used the word outmatched) and Kun just tipped the balance in his favor. I guess you could say Kun was toying with him, since he had the advantage all along but before that, they were even. Though right, forgot about the environment bit but as said the biggest obstacle is Thon's Force Barrier, that isn't to say his natural armor isn't but that isn't as big as a barrier.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well said they were dueling evenly(probably shouldn't have used the word outmatched) and Kun just tipped the balance in his favor. I guess you could say Kun was toying with him, since he had the advantage all along but before that, they were even. Though right, forgot about the environment bit but as said the biggest obstacle is Thon's Force Barrier, that isn't to say his natural armor isn't but that isn't as big as a barrier.

I think the two of them were evenly matched until Kun pulled out the double-bladed saber. Then it was over.

The Force Barrier is going to be a major issue to get past. Though, I think Baas could keep evading Thon until the Barrier is finally down. Baas will also have to mind his surroundings while in the process of breaking the barrier.

This is true, we also have to remember that Baas will be unfamiliar with Thon's fighting style which I expect is which I expect is very aggresive, overpowering and fast. Baas has Force speed, but Thon can use his skills in telkinesis to overcome that and push Baas into the direction he wants.

EDIT: However if Baas can resist Thon's force attacks then Thon is at a serious disadvantage as Baas is simply faster.

Edited by Beniboybling

This is true, we also have to remember that Baas will be unfamiliar with Thon's fighting style which I expect is which I expect is very aggresive, overpowering and fast. Baas has Force speed, but Thon can use his skills in telkinesis to overcome that and push Baas into the direction he wants.

EDIT: However if Baas can resist Thon's force attacks then Thon is at a serious disadvantage as Baas is simply faster.

Baas is quite fast, and can use his six tentacles to perform acrobatic maneuvers. If Baas can avoid Thon's attacks, avoid being boxed in, and break through that Force Barrier, then I think he would win.

That is a long shot as Thon probably won't just sit around and let Baas whack at him.

I think there is just too litle information.

Other then that im an absolute fan of master thon, i realy like him, and the whole concept of it much more then Vodo.

In way Thon is kinda of a yoda taking into another level.

On the concern of improbable jedi masters.

Yeah, there's very little to discuss. It's more a matter of how fast Thon can box in and kill Baas versus how long Baas can hold out in the hopes of wearing down Thon's defenses and cracking his armor.
Well let's break this down.

Speed: Thon is relatively agile but his bulky frame likely makes it difficult for him to maneuver particularly quickly. Whereas Baas often augements his abilities with Force speed and is highly proficient in that skill. And his six tentacles are designed to aid locomotion and agility/acrobatics. So I'd give the edge to Baas.

Combat: Thon has massive claws, sharp teeth and spikes. But ultimately they are just that, he's a big dinosaur and unfortunately our galaxy far far away is not in pre-historic times. Baas on the other hand has an actual weapon, a fancy magic stick that he can manipulate with great skill, and given its length its more able to deflect Thon's attacks. Thon however is apparently a swordsmaster (lol, I think the writers were making fun of themselves there) so he'll be in a better position to block and counter Baas' attacks. But Baas actually has a weapon, so he get's the edge. He can also attack with his tentacles.

Force combat: Thon apparently has an array of abilities but most of these seem relatively passive/defensive e.g. battle meditation and Force barrier. Although he is able to unleash a powerful Force blast. Baas on the other hand can sever one's connection to the Force and likely has some skill with telekinesis - but again nothing special. On this front I'd say they are equal.

Defense: Thon is basically a living shield, he's got natural armour and them Force armour on top of that. Baas on the other hand is a squishy organic, however the best defense is often a good offense. Baas is so fast and agile that his defense is literally being untouchable. However that's not going to get him through Thon's armour so I'd give him the edge.

Verdict: Baas wins, his faster and has a better offense, and although Thon has the better defense Baas' skill in speed and agility mean he is in a position to be able to wear down this shield. And if Thon bashes him into a corner Baas can flip over his oversized head or dance around his fat body. Baas wins. :D

P.S. Don't be afraid to call it quickly Aurbere, we do have 16 other match-ups waiting!

Additionally, sever Force isn't really a combat ability. So Thon has the advantage in defense, Force powers, and endurance.

He can essentially just outlast Baas, allowing the passive nature of his defense to protect him while he hounds Baas and keeps pushing him into a corner and eventually the acrobatics and extensive Force speed Baas is using will tire him out and Thon can finish the job with his lightsaber, claws, or Force blasts.

This is a losing proposition for Baas, who will just be jumping around and unable to seal the deal due to Thon's impressive defensive capabilities.

I don't really see how Thon can use a lightsaber...I guess TK fighting, but then that is just speculation...I don't think there is actual evidence of him using a lightsaber, he seems to just use his body so it seems rather moot to give him a lightsaber. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Thon has a lightsaber, his other attacks are just a bonus really. I feel like the only edge Baas has aside from speed is the reach granted by his weapon.
Yeah but does he really? Has he ever used it or does he just 'know' how to use it? I mean something tells me he wouldn't be very good at it, seeing as he can't actually stand up...

Additionally, sever Force isn't really a combat ability. So Thon has the advantage in defense, Force powers, and endurance.

He can essentially just outlast Baas, allowing the passive nature of his defense to protect him while he hounds Baas and keeps pushing him into a corner and eventually the acrobatics and extensive Force speed Baas is using will tire him out and Thon can finish the job with his lightsaber, claws, or Force blasts.

This is a losing proposition for Baas, who will just be jumping around and unable to seal the deal due to Thon's impressive defensive capabilities.

Hmmm, that is a good point. While Baas' acrobatics and agility put him in a position to keep on the constant offensive, he might just tire out. But I think we need to properly assess the sever force ability, can it just be used anytime anywhere?