Collectors edition vendor

belizar

(Emphasis my own) The CE vendor only has 1 set of armour... unless you're including the security key vendor, I have no idea what the seccond armour set is...

Which brings up another point... why is the republic dancers set the same as the slave outfit and all the CM 'dancer' sets? The Imps have a completely unique dancer set, but the pubs dont?

One Republic, one Empire.

And to someone above you, the vendor was said to be intended to "dynamically update," not only as the game is patched, but as our characters leveled.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all still waiting for an answer Bioware,EA,whoever.

You can't simply ignore this and hope it will go away.

Give us all an answer one way or another about the CE vendor.

To the posters here perhaps a similar topic on the customer service forum as well? This would certainly qualify as a customer service issue in my mind.

Hood toggle would at least require some changes to the game code for the UI radio button

~ but new pets/gear/speeders on the CE vender - essentially nothing but artwork. & changing the vender item tables.

~Scratch That~

They don't even need to do all new artwork.

I wouldn't be upset if all we got were some of the armor skins being used by NPCs

~ that's what the CE vender has right now.

So.... all they have to do is create new item files for those, create the color matching files, & change the vender item tables.

Heck.. as a ingame friend suggest - give us gold colored sparkle powder... just give us something.

Obviously they have no intention of doing this any time soon. They're too busy pumping out Armor Sets for the Cartel Packs.

Its all about money to be made, not money already made!

Seriously though it is disheartening getting promised so much from the Collector's Store yet they can put out exclusive sets for the Cartel Market. Our luck they'll give us reskins of silly things like the dancer outfits or maybe if we are good we can buy Covert pieces and run around shirtless!

Im suprised the podcasts dont get behind it also, most of them must have the CE packs themselves also

Its discusting the way that we have been treated on this subject by bipware.

I do love the game but this is my thorn in myside

Then what are we waiting for? By the way hood toggle thread just hit 100 pages but there is no response there.

Aaaaaw come on :jawa_wink: !

You perfectly know there has been an answer to that once, and you even posted right after it !!!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5261362#post5261362

Hood toggle would at least require some changes to the game code for the UI radio button

Well a "tad" more than just the UI radio button it seems, one of the devs already explained that (as per link above) :

Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!

Besides with this will come 2 new cartel items at the same time :

- Unlock : Hood up/down toggle

- Unlock : Hood up/down toggle (account)

:jawa_wink:

Edited by Shoogli

no they will not get updated original idea was the CE vendor stuff goes to VIP vendor stuff , and new items are added to the CE vendor , before being cascaded down again to vip vendor (everybody can access that with in game credits) .

but with cartel market forget it , nothing new will be added to the ce vendor or vip vendor .

So sorry that is it , money talks ******** walks .

Edited by Drake_Hound

guys guys i don't want to be rude but do you REALLY think they care about what you are writing here? i mean really?

even if they listen the changes/items they make wont be even close to any item in Cartel Market! i enjoy the game a lot and iam still a Sub but i don't want to fool my self cause BW made MANY MANY promises and they didn't fulfill them!

guys guys i don't want to be rude but do you REALLY think they care about what you are writing here? i mean really?

even if they listen the changes/items they make wont be even close to any item in Cartel Market! i enjoy the game a lot and iam still a Sub but i don't want to fool my self cause BW made MANY MANY promises and they didn't fulfill them!

You must be new to the idea of false advertising. BW literally advertised that if we bought the CE we would get X items and a frequently updated store.

It's not like some small promise like the pulled starship customization or the housing on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas....this was a huge advertising campaign that made people buy the CE for the store...but got dirt and no updates. Learn your facts before going against a subject.

You must be new to the idea of false advertising. BW literally advertised that if we bought the CE we would get X items and a frequently updated store.

It's not like some small promise like the pulled starship customization or the housing on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas....this was a huge advertising campaign that made people buy the CE for the store...but got dirt and no updates. Learn your facts before going against a subject.

great, i like that BUT what can you do?

Where are the updates? Why do they fail to communicate about the service we have purchased and not yet received?

They're in the crapper apparently at this point. Just unsub, and never purchase an EA or Bioware game again. Pisses me off that this is what I'm having to do, as I used to be a big Bioware fan, and I love Star Wars, but I'm not putting up with this anymore. It's nothing but a big FU to their customers, since they don't give a damn about us now that they have our money.

I am a CE owner, but maybe not for me. But doesn't this have Class Action written all over it?

I am a CE owner, but maybe not for me. But doesn't this have Class Action written all over it?

I looked into legal action in the UK but got told only a US citizen could file a class action lawsuit in the US as EA / Bioware is a US company that a lawsuit could not be brought up in the UK.

So it is down to a CE holder in the US to bring forward a class action lawsuit.

They're in the crapper apparently at this point. Just unsub, and never purchase an EA or Bioware game again. Pisses me off that this is what I'm having to do, as I used to be a big Bioware fan, and I love Star Wars, but I'm not putting up with this anymore. It's nothing but a big FU to their customers, since they don't give a damn about us now that they have our money.

But I am so much concerned about the fate of my Warden and Commander Shepard... :l

I looked into legal action in the UK but got told only a US citizen could file a class action lawsuit in the US as EA / Bioware is a US company that a lawsuit could not be brought up in the UK.

So it is down to a CE holder in the US to bring forward a class action lawsuit.

How much would that sort of thing cost?

But I am so much concerned about the fate of my Warden and Commander Shepard... :l

Thankfully, BioWare never plans to revisit either of those characters in any significant capacity. Frankly, I am sure that I would prefer the mystery to whatever is concocted for them next.

Maybe they could give us some Dragon 'style' armour, make it adaptive, and perhaps a couple of different styles, a set that looks more like heavy armour, as well as a set that looks more like light armour and a medium armour one... That would add a fair bit of diversity to the sets especially since people could mix and match peices for a look that they liked on their character :p

Attempting to use threats to obtain your goal from any company is the fastest way to guarantee that they refuse to cooperate.

Participating in a class action suit against EA/BW over the CE vender would be a violation of the EULA, and is grounds for EA/BW to cancel your account.

Discussing a class action suit against EA/BW on this forum is a violation of the TOS we agreed to in Nov-Dec, when they changed the forum rules.

~ Legally EA/BW are pretty ironclad against this type of suit in the US.

What is the point of getting an updated CE vender if your account got canceled in the process?

The only way the CE vender will get updated is BW/EA becomes focused on why it is there best interest to do so. I.E. What makes it worth the effort for BW/EA?

It is a sound business decision for them to update the vender.

1) It will help "clean up" part of the mistrust that CE owners have of EA/BW & work toward restoring their brand image.

2) It will help demonstrate to players the EA/BW commitment to subscribers.

3) It will bring back some of the early adopters who cancelled their sub months ago.

How will this help EA/BW meet their long term goals with SWTOR

1) It will boost future preorders of products like RotHC

2) It will boost subscription retention rates

3) f2p +CC purchase is good but sub +CC purchase is even better.

How can this improve the intellectual property for players

1) NPC armor shells create a consistent "look" throughout the game and improve immersion. Those shells being limited to CE holders prevents oversaturation of that "look" with too many similar players.

2) If older CE shells roll to the VIP vender ~ the VIP system becomes a persistent credit sink ~ as intended.

3) The gesture would increase player's perception of the long term viability of the game environment.

What are the costs of implementation

1) 2 armor sets per major game revision not listed in the CC shop (12 per year)

2) 1 pet " " (6 per year)

3) 1 mount " " (6 per year)

What risk of non-implementation

1) contribution to the hemorrhage of subscriptions

2) continued hemorrhage of brand equity amongst a group of premium customers with disposable income

3) devaluation of marketing efforts by negative 3rd party media

Example: - from 5 days ago

http://www.cracked.com/article_20283_5-bizarre-ways-online-gaming-affecting-real-world.html#ixzz2LOIqekEj

Under list Item #3 ~ "every MMO has some form of internal currency: In World of Warcraft, it's gold; in Second Life, it's the Linden; and in Knights of the Old Republic, it's buyer's remorse."

~at the bottom of the same page these are the SWTOR banner adds which appear in rotation~

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/1440256365622707495

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/18443387510644649892

Edited by Cleet_Xia