Current TTK

UGLYMRJ

I see a lot of comments saying TTK needs to be reduced... people want things to die faster.

Am I the only one that likes where TTK is right now?

In an unorganized reg war zone TTK is short... really short sometimes and I can't imagine it being lower.

On the other end of that TTK in rated with well organized groups is high... high enough to where CC becomes a major factor, which makes it more strategic IMO and to the point that once ONE person drops it drastically affects the fight... instantly swinging the momentum.

Especially from a rated perspective, current TTK takes focus and coordination. I like the long active fight that happens at a single node. Personally I would prefer to have that epic battle over one node vs the constant running around and chasing you get from regs. If TTK was reduced, I think it would allow for less coordination of an entire team and strongly favor DPS.

Just my thoughts.... what's yours?

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TTK already favors DPS. A healer can counter that, but intelligent play will negate a healer.(switching off to CC, or interrupt before returning to principal, assigning a sentinel to harass the healer.)

TTK needs to be looked at for tanks, and defensive cooldowns of some classes. But it doesn't need to be reduced.

I firmly believe that nerfing every offensive ability in the game equally, by let's say 10 %, would indirectly add balance. For the simple reason that it would give the weaker AC'es more time to use their tools. Sorcs and mercs benefit from drawn out fights where spike damage (smash) plays a lesser role and where dots get to run for the full duration. Edited by Washingtoon

I formly believe that nerfing every offensive ability in the game equally, by let's say 10 %, would indirectly add balance. For the simple reason that it would give the weaker AC'es more time to use their tools. Sorcs and mercs benefit from drawn out fights where spike damage (smash) plays a lesser role and where dots get to run for the full duration.

Heals would need to be reduced as well then or nothing would die.... on top of that, I don't think that would help the weaker classes at all and it would also hurt stealth classes who rely on fast, high burst from stealth.

i like the ttk in this game. GW2 the TTK is way to long. I played Warhammer online and I could kill a target in 2 or 3 global cooldowns in that game if I wanted to. I think our TTK is actually right where it should be.

just my 2 cents

I much prefer the TTK in GW2. Every fight is epic and people get to use all their tools and abilities, even in massed PvP fights with 30+ people targetting you can actually survive for a bit chaining your dodges and escape abilities.

Warhammer Online was just retarded at some point with Witch Elves and Witch Hunters melting people in 5-6 seconds.

Edited by LordExozone

I see a lot of comments saying TTK needs to be reduced... people want things to die faster.

In an unorganized reg war zone TTK is short... really short sometimes and I can't imagine it being lower.

On the other end of that TTK in rated with well organized groups is high... high enough to where CC becomes a major factor, which makes it more strategic IMO and to the point that once ONE person drops it drastically affects the fight... instantly swinging the momentum.

Especially from a rated perspective, current TTK takes focus and coordination. I like the long active fight that happens at a single node. Personally I would prefer to have that epic battle over one node vs the constant running around and chasing you get from regs. If TTK was reduced, I think it would allow for less coordination of an entire team and strongly favor DPS.

TTK in rated is longer because of the organized use of stun bubbles - take that away and things would look quite different.

Rated Teams make up about 1% of the PVP population (that's probably a high estimate).

Pugs and "enhanced pugs" (small teams of guildies) make up the other 99% of the PVP population.

For the 99%, TTK is too short now - and that is really what matters for the game as a whole.

EAware could fix that by either:

a) do-over of the Resolve system, so stunlock kills are less frequent, or

b) reducing damage output across the board or

c) increasing survivability and/or defense cooldowns across all classes

Personally, I think they should start with Resolve and then adjust b) and c) as needed.

agreed.

in a competitive environment, with dedicated healers/tanks TTK is 100% fine.

I also quite like TTK where it is. And there is a lot more than stun bubbles slowing down rated TTK, it was slow long before the stun bubble madness was put in the game.

I find that most posts are wanting TTK to be raised, so that things die slower, rather than asking things to die faster.

Edited by RankorSSGS

TTK in rated is longer because of the organized use of stun bubbles - take that away and things would look quite different.

Rated Teams make up about 1% of the PVP population (that's probably a high estimate).

Pugs and "enhanced pugs" (small teams of guildies) make up the other 99% of the PVP population.

For the 99%, TTK is too short now - and that is really what matters for the game as a whole.

EAware could fix that by either:

a) do-over of the Resolve system, so stunlock kills are less frequent, or

b) reducing damage output across the board or

c) increasing survivability and/or defense cooldowns across all classes

Personally, I think they should start with Resolve and then adjust b) and c) as needed.

TTK was about the same before bubbles in rated, maybe slightly longer now but not huge.... I nearly ignored the rest of what you said after reading that.

TTK is NOT too short right now... if they made it take longer to kill people... NO ONE would die in a competitive, rated game.

The only thing I can agree on is the resolve system but the only change I would make is returning it to it's previous state. I'm just assuming but it sounds like a lot of your feedback is coming from regs which is fine and needs to be kept in mind but increasing survivability in rated would be a horrible mistake.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I also quite like TTK where it is. And there is a lot more than stun bubbles slowing down rated TTK, it was slow long before the stun bubble madness was put in the game.

I find that most posts are wanting TTK to be raised, so that things die slower, rather than asking things to die faster.

I seem to notice more people asking for things to die quicker... the way some people get burned in regs I can't imagine it being shorter. Though I have seen many asking for it to be increased too.

IDK... I like where it is right now keeping regs and rated in mind.

I'm not sure TBH. I need to gear up and play more classes in level 50 PvP, but I know on my sniper, TTK for both myself and targets seemed to go up considerably in 50 compared to sub-50. Think it has to do with better armor compared to the sub50 versions dealing with the bolstered attacks. IDK. I guess thats why I need to do more on other toons that are 50 to have an educated opinion.

TTK was about the same before bubbles in rated, maybe slightly longer now but not huge.... I nearly ignored the rest of what you said after reading that.

TTK is NOT too short right now... if they made it take longer to kill people... NO ONE would die in a competitive, rated game.

The only thing I can agree on is the resolve system but the only change I would make is returning it to it's previous state. I'm just assuming but it sounds like a lot of your feedback is coming from regs which is fine and needs to be kept in mind but increasing survivability in rated would be a horrible mistake.

If PVP as a whole declines because the majority of the players do not enjoy being dead so quickly and so often, how will that affect the rated queues? Will they pop even less than they do now or will it somehow magically increase?

But ok, screw the 99% and lets just balance PVP for a few dozen rated teams. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I really wonder if people even think about the consequences before they write stuff....

I think it's fine currently but agree some ACs need dev. love. Issues I've seen are attributable to learning 2 play (hopefully that's what they're doing) and poor team cohesion. Those don't justify change. This refers only to NWZs though; can't speak about rateds since didn't do many and not in a while. Edited by Joesixxpack

If PVP as a whole declines because the majority of the players do not enjoy being dead so quickly and so often, how will that affect the rated queues? Will they pop even less than they do now or will it somehow magically increase?

But ok, screw the 99% and lets just balance PVP for a few dozen rated teams. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I really wonder if people even think about the consequences before they write stuff....

I never once used the word queues... it would affect the match. The games themselves... Drastically.

Speaking of thinking before posting... :rolleyes:

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I never once used the word queues... it would affect the match. The games themselves... Drastically.

Speaking of thinking before posting... :rolleyes:

Without a queue, you don't have a match - and then all of this becomes purely theoretical and a big waste of time.

Without a queue, you don't have a match - and then all of this becomes purely theoretical and a big waste of time.

What does TTK have to do with a queue....

I know it's tough being wrong... but walking away would have been less embarassing for you.

What are you even talking about?

you dont balance a game around "the 99%". that is how we get things like our current iteration of resolve, which is terrible.

balance needs to be done around the absolute best performance that can be gotten out of a class. meaning, "the 1%ers" are what the game should be balanced around.

if not, the 1%ers cause more problems by massively exploiting the easy-mode-ness that bioware creates by dumbing things down

you dont balance a game around "the 99%". that is how we get things like our current iteration of resolve, which is terrible.

balance needs to be done around the absolute best performance that can be gotten out of a class. meaning, "the 1%ers" are what the game should be balanced around.

if not, the 1%ers cause more problems by massively exploiting the easy-mode-ness that bioware creates by dumbing things down

This is spot on...

Agree. I think the people who are happy don't post nearly as much as people who are unhappy.

But part of the issue with the 99% is that they are not willing to understand that in a WZ you are limited by time in order to achieve said objectives. In essence, they are "wrong" for thinking TTK is too low. It needs to be low in order for objective based warzones to function.

In a healer free environment, TTK is about where it should be (20-30 globals). Once you put healers in the mix, TTK is actually a bit higher than it needs to be(and even more amplified in Ranked).

As you eluded to earlier, if they adjusted Resolve, the "feel of TTK being too low" would probably vanish.

I agree here with a caveat: the histogram of the skill curve for a class matters, not just what the 1% can do with it.

If all classes are well balanced for the 99th percentile (1% best) but one class is easy mode compared to others for players at the 80th percentile that is a problem too. Not as big a problem as things being unbalanced at the top.

I agree that balancing the top end (what the 99th percentile) can do with the class takes priority over balancing the +- 1 standard deviation players but this does not mean we should ignore the +-1 standard deviation players -- they make up the bulk of the playing population.