Gree Event, why even teast us with weapons if we cant get them

Planar

So everything I read on the event is that it lasts from 2/12/2013 - 2/26/2013 (this coming Tuesday).

So if it goes like any other event once the event ends the missions AND the vendors will go poof on that Tuesday 2/26/2013

My problem with this is:

12k/weekly rep gain a week limit

EVEN if you precollected enough and used a PURPLE rep gain item right before reaching cap you will be unable to reach Champion by 2/26/2013, simple math:

To go from Hero to Champion is 15k, I have reached the cap both weeks (unfortunately for me I had no idea you could go over the 12k cap just once by using a purple right before you reach cap), so I am 640 shy of Hero. So since I have participated fully across multiple 50s (grinded), killed WB (without camping them), killed the boss op in HM 16 mans, I have obtained the Helix's needed for my weapons AND enough rep items I could stop now and still should reach Champion (but I want Legend) at least by using them, however if the event ends 2/26/2013 and the vendors go with it, then NO ONE will have been able to obtain Champion and purchased the weapons or the white Gree armor.

I have always felt removing the event vendors the day the event ends is a poor choice, I still have hundreds of Rakghoul DNA and several dozen tokens of entrichment unused with a tease "they vendors may return in the future" from a previous dev post so they sit wasting value cargo space.

I recommend that after an event ends the vendors be placed on fleet or the capital worlds OR maybe in the VIP lounge on fleet, until such time Biowares data mining cleary shows that no one has any tokens of enrichment, rakghoul DNA or Gree rep items left to spend making the vendor obsolete.

Has anyone seen a post I couldnt find stating the vendors will remain and the items usable afterwards to still gain rep?

Edited by Planar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a recurring event. BW could have only included low end rewards for this appearance and not included the high end rewards until even casual players have had enough time to achieve them. The problem is you end up will even more unhappy people that chose not to participate in the early occurrences because the rewards at the time did not interest them. Such people would be in same position as everyone is now where they have grind the event hard to get enough rep trophies and hoping the vendor stays around long enough for them to consume them all.

BW has stated the the vendor isn't disappearing right away. They haven't said how long though. So, I wouldn't count on having two weeks to consume hoarded trophies.

Also, the key to getting enough helix's isn't about hitting all of the helix quests possible. 16 man story mode Xeno is probably the best way to get trophies for most people. The SM is relatively easy to beat even if you don't fully fill your 16 man ops group. If you have a geared and skilled enough group, you can also do the hm for yet more helices.

So everything I read on the event is that it lasts from 2/12/2013 - 2/26/2013 (this coming Tuesday).

So if it goes like any other event once the event ends the missions AND the vendors will go poof on that Tuesday 2/26/2013

They don't go poof. The vendors will be there next Tuesday and many people will have the weapons 1-5 min. after the reputation reset.

The weapons are obtainable next tuesday if you have used your REP to its fullest.

If you are 20 rep from the cap and u use a 1440 token, you will still recive all 1440

(12000*3) + (1430*3) = 40290 *this is the maximum rep earned as of Feb 25th, 2013

12500+10000+7500+5000 = 35000 *total REP needed for Champion Status*

So this has lead some people to be hero status already, but as of the 25th anyone who has hit all 3 caps should be champion. The first event session will be over but if you were dedicated you will have no problems. (last i heard the vendors will still be accessible just the quests will be inactive.

The weapons are obtainable next tuesday if you have used your REP to its fullest.

If you are 20 rep from the cap and u use a 1440 token, you will still recive all 1440

(12000*3) + (1430*3) = 40290 *this is the maximum rep earned as of Feb 25th, 2013

12500+10000+7500+5000 = 35000 *total REP needed for Champion Status*

So this has lead some people to be hero status already, but as of the 25th anyone who has hit all 3 caps should be champion. The first event session will be over but if you were dedicated you will have no problems. (last i heard the vendors will still be accessible just the quests will be inactive.

A couple of corrections. It will take 40,000 reputation to hit Champion

Rep. Rank

2500 Outsider

5000 Newcomer

7500 Friend

10000 Hero

15000 Champion

______

So you need to have done more than hit 12K each week. You need to maximize your reputation gain by using an artifact quality token at 12970. That puts you at 13410 rep for a week. Persons who have done that or close will make Champion next week.

Folks if you use 14 Green and 13 Blue tokens, that will put you at 11970 reputation and the 13410 if you thereafter use a purple. So maximize this week and next if you haven't already.

Doesn't it also depend on how many alts you have. I only need 660 more rep to reach the weekly max, but that's cause I been running 4 50's so far and I still need 1 more 50 I haven't started on yet. just started today on the event too.

I reached the cap by doing the dailies 5 days on my main and 1 day on my alt. so you can reach the cap perfectly fine with 1 character if you play every day.

Sorry mate, bottom line is this- Earn it.By earning it ,youll need to login every day to do the quest chains to get the rewards.Its really simple philosophy that some folks dont comprehend.We are not giving it to you...period.

Threatening to unsub falls on deaf ears nowadays since the game is free.Just like the horde...errr folks wanted.

Im able to get everything in 2 weeks.No if's ,and's, or but's.

As a recurring event , get the gear you want next time if you miss out.

Rep. Rank

2500 Outsider

5000 Newcomer

7500 Friend

10000 Hero

15000 Champion

______

So you need to have done more than hit 12K each week. You need to maximize your reputation gain by using an artifact quality token at 12970. That puts you at 13410 rep for a week. Persons who have done that or close will make Champion next week.

Folks if you use 14 Green and 13 Blue tokens, that will put you at 11970 reputation and the 13410 if you thereafter use a purple. So maximize this week and next if you haven't already.

Actually if you haven't already there's not a whole lot of point to worrying about completely maximizing it. You only hit 40k in three weeks if you did it for all three, if you were at say 12600ish from week 1 (i.e. used blue instead of purple at the end) you'll come up about 400 rep short.

Rep. Rank

2500 Outsider

5000 Newcomer

7500 Friend

10000 Hero

15000 Champion

______

Wrong.

Just save your extra rep tokens and hand them in after reset. The vendors will still be there even if the event is over. the gap between hero -> champion is 10k less rep then it took to get to hero. So its very easy to have enough rep tokens by the end of week 2.

wrong.

Just save your extra rep tokens and hand them in after reset. The vendors will still be there even if the event is over. The gap between hero -> champion is 10k less rep then it took to get to hero. So its very easy to have enough rep tokens by the end of week 2.

exactly

Besides being wrong in general, you started of entirely wrong. The vendors did stay for a short time after the previous events and it has been stated they will do so again. If you are going to go on a rant, at least start from an accurate position.

Actually if you haven't already there's not a whole lot of point to worrying about completely maximizing it. You only hit 40k in three weeks if you did it for all three, if you were at say 12600ish from week 1 (i.e. used blue instead of purple at the end) you'll come up about 400 rep short.

Exactly, you can earn a total maximum of 40230 Rep in the time span of three weeks, if you calculate and plan out your progression extremely carefully.

Reaching Champion is only possible if you acquire exactly 13410 Rep each week (11970+1440), but only then even by a very small margin (230). But for that you had to have been planning your progression from day one, carefully calculating the optimal way to hit 11970.

Which means that a single rep token used at the wrong time will force you to wait a week. Which sounds a bit extreme to me anyway.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I treated it like a mini game.

Did my homework. Planned it all out.

And I shall reap the rewards of having my legacy sabers next week.

Theres always some system to use for these events, and with resources like Dulfy.net I dont see why people cant spend a few minutes reading and planning instead of the Devs having to make everything instant gratification so no one needs to actually think or plan anything.

Not planning only delays you getting this stuff, it doesnt make it impossible- theres no telling exactly when the event will come back, so you may need to wait a while, but you will still be able to get your legacy weapons.

I treated it like a mini game.

Did my homework. Planned it all out.

And I shall reap the rewards of having my legacy sabers next week.

Theres always some system to use for these events, and with resources like Dulfy.net I dont see why people cant spend a few minutes reading and planning instead of the Devs having to make everything instant gratification so no one needs to actually think or plan anything.

It's not demanding instant gratification to be annoyed when you find out you'll come up short of champion in the 3rd week because you didn't perfectly plan out when to use your rep rewards. It's a valid reaction. 'Cause it's annoying.

It's not demanding instant gratification to be annoyed when you find out you'll come up short of champion in the 3rd week because you didn't perfectly plan out when to use your rep rewards. It's a valid reaction. 'Cause it's annoying.

Agreed, we go in game to play a game not do a next to impossible mad-dash scramble.

I understand that people are bummed, but as the old saying goes "failing to plan, is planning to fail".

I understand that people are bummed, but as the old saying goes "failing to plan, is planning to fail".

I dunno. I wouldn't expect perfect order of using rep item rewards to be on most people's minds when it comes to something to plan ahead for. This isn't interestingly tricky gameplay. Just a nuisance.

People are still crying about this? myself and others have pointed out in more then one thread that you can still hand in rep after reset. Squeezing out that last bit of rep when u overcap is not going to make a big difference when you have lots of rep tokens in your bag come next tuesday.

For people who didn't "maximise" their rep when overcapped, dont fret. just keep smashing out dailies, do world bosses/ops bosses. you can still hit champion after the reset, just farm as many rep items as you can.