Have I bought the game or not????

bobbahotep

Well, you've done all you can do right now neighbor. The fact that you can post on the forums shows that you entered in your pre-order code correctly. You should have a reciept from whatever place you bought your game from. Now just sit back, and wait for your turn to play early access. Then whenever you pick up your game, enter in that code that comes with the game and you are then registered and ready to rock playing after launch.

So I pre-ordered and I will most likely get early access.....but Amazon says my collector's edition will not reach me until the 27th......does this mean that I'll have access and then get loacked out for a week?! That seems fail....

You have to admit, it is very confusing.

I pre-ordered digitally, so I had a code in an email. So I registered the code and on one part of my account info it says I pre-ordered the game. But on another part it's still asking for the code. ??? the 'new checklist" is greyed out as if I never entered a code. What does THAT mean?

So I pre-ordered and I will most likely get early access.....but Amazon says my collector's edition will not reach me until the 27th......does this mean that I'll have access and then get loacked out for a week?! That seems fail....

Yes, that's correct.

I pre-ordered digitally, so I had a code in an email. So I registered the code and on one part of my account info it says I pre-ordered the game. But on another part it's still asking for the code. ??? the 'new checklist" is greyed out as if I never entered a code. What does THAT mean?

The new checklist is for after launch. If you read the paragraph at the beginning it's pretty clear

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!

This has confused me too. What I can see on Origin site is my order as pending....?

I don't understand that. I did receive emails from EA/Origin and have registered those codes, installed game client, etc... All of that shows up on my account. I got concerned because Origin shows my digital pre-order as still pending.

This has confused me too. What I can see on Origin site is my order as pending....?

I don't understand that. I did receive emails from EA/Origin and have registered those codes, installed game client, etc... All of that shows up on my account. I got concerned because Origin shows my digital pre-order as still pending.

I think it's pending because you haven't actually bought the game yet.

Hi. I kinda have same issues. May be all is fine, but who know, because with Origin I have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.

Like four months ago I buy Early game aceess and Digital deluxe edition. I redeam those codes and all look fine. Codes redeemed for early game access and delxe digital preorder. Thats what I was thinking. Today I check this Origin/EA page to verify status since I red somwhere that they will send codes around 15th. There is no record on my account there about anything even close to Star wars. I check my credit history and at that time I was billed only for 5€ which is cost for early game access. So Im hopping that while I have Preordered Digital deluxe edition they will bill me for game cost and send me game code to redeem in return. Who know, because I tried to look for answer in Origin/EA page and that is unbelivable mess!!!! Newer seen omething that confusing and useless. I was not able to get to any topick related to this issue. May be Im dumb but I was not able to open any ticket and worst of all there is not even simple mail address anywhere to contact them.

Can anybody link me some topick where this is described or just take time to explain it to me. Becase of this mess it might happen that I end up in 20th withut game code....

Thanks in advance

If that page is for after launch, why did I get invited to early access and after downloading the client and it's patched and ready to play I get the error message "that I must have a subscription to play the game" then it goes and links me to that stupid checklist page to set up my subscription and lo and behold I magically haven't redeemed my early accesss code now. Even though I redeemed it on the 3rd. When I finally got a code from Target that worked. Only took 4 codes. Edited by Peroxide

The new checklist is for after launch. If you read the paragraph at the beginning it's pretty clear

Thank you for clearing that up. It would have been less confusing if they had a "check" for "head start" or something like that. it was pretty troubling to log in to the website here and be greeted with a message to the effect of "redeem your code to get early access!" when I was pretty sure I had already. then I go to that other page and like I said, it was grayed out. hence my confusion and concern. thanks again!

If that page is for after launch, why did I get invited to early access and after downloading the client and it's patched and ready to play I get the error message "that I must have a subscription to play the game" then it goes and links me to that stupid checklist page to set up my subscription and lo and behold I magically haven't redeemed my early accesss code now. Even though I redeemed it on the 3rd. When I finally got a code from Target that worked. Only took 4 codes.

You have to add (suprise) another code. The one which you get as a part of the box version or from e-mail in case of deluxe edition.

My concern is that I buy preorder and earlygame access, but I dont know what happen now. They will bill me now for game cost and send me code to redeam or should I buy it now? If second option is right then what the hell is preorder for? I dont understand an seems like a lot other people dont. Why it is so freeking complicated and why this information is not included in standard information package. Why there is space for these speculations.....

Ok, so apparently Im having the same problem that some of you all are having, and I dont really understand the answers. I bought the game, and registered my pre-order code. Then Today I downloaded the latest patches, because I was playing beta. Then when i tried to log in, it said that I didnt have a registration yet. It was setp 3...it told me to enter a registration code, and when I did, it said that I already had a code associated with the account...which was my pre-order code. So, It wont let me pt in any other codes, and it also wont ungrey the box, meaning that I havent completed that step yet. So have I completed the step or not? I tried emailing customer support, but everyone else has too cause I havent heard back yet, and the phones are overloaded. Any answers will help. Im old and confused...sigh

seriously.. how do I tell??????

What is that code I have to redeem... ?

I have preordered, got the code.. submited it already to have the beta access...

what else do I need to do??

rly freaking mess...

If you Pre-Ordered a digital version you probably haven't recieved the Full game key yet. You just got the Preorder key. Goto your account->Code Redemption and at the bottom it will display what codes you've redeemed. A Pre-Order key does not equal a Full game key and you won't get that until Launch for a digital (will be in your receipt) either because you haven't paid full price yet or they aren't allowed to release it yet (using the key will count as opening the box and negate the option to cancel/return the game). You won't actually need the Full-game key til the 20th.

Hi. I kinda have same issues. May be all is fine, but who know, because with Origin I have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.

Like four months ago I buy Early game aceess and Digital deluxe edition. I redeam those codes and all look fine. Codes redeemed for early game access and delxe digital preorder. Thats what I was thinking. Today I check this Origin/EA page to verify status since I red somwhere that they will send codes around 15th. There is no record on my account there about anything even close to Star wars. I check my credit history and at that time I was billed only for 5€ which is cost for early game access. So Im hopping that while I have Preordered Digital deluxe edition they will bill me for game cost and send me game code to redeem in return. Who know, because I tried to look for answer in Origin/EA page and that is unbelivable mess!!!! Newer seen omething that confusing and useless. I was not able to get to any topick related to this issue. May be Im dumb but I was not able to open any ticket and worst of all there is not even simple mail address anywhere to contact them.

Can anybody link me some topick where this is described or just take time to explain it to me. Becase of this mess it might happen that I end up in 20th withut game code....

Thanks in advance

That's exactly my problem too, I seen no orders under my EA account and my credit card was billed 5 EURO as well.

HAVE I BOUGHT THE GAME OR NOT?? Shall I buy it 'again'? what the hell is going on here?

Good to know I am not alone here.

That's exactly my problem too, I seen no orders under my EA account and my credit card was billed 5 EURO as well.

HAVE I BOUGHT THE GAME OR NOT?? Shall I buy it 'again'? what the hell is going on here?

You pre-ordered, not bought.

You have pre-ordered, the rest of the money will be taken out next Tuesday.

Thanks in advance

You should get in touch with EA dude! You bought it on Origin. Not here. Hopefully they can fix your issues.

You have pre-ordered, the rest of the money will be taken out next Tuesday.

Dasffion is right, they charged only the pre-order fee.

*For "digital copy" buyers (like myself), you received an early-access code to redeem and play earlier (...)

*your purchase is much like to be as "pending" at origin´s web site, since the game launch will only happen next week, then you will have you activation code

SO... redeem your pre-order code (if you haven´t yet), play at early access (if you can); after game launch go to Origin´s website, grab your new official game code and redeem to activate the "official" game.

:cool:

I have the exact same issue - it says i need to redeem my game code (which i have from origin) but when i input it, it says that code has already been used! Pretty confusing!

I have the exact same issue - it says i need to redeem my game code (which i have from origin) but when i input it, it says that code has already been used! Pretty confusing!

The "digital rights" you got from origin was your pre-order code, not your product code.

Thanks mate, I am in early access atm so I can obviously play but was a little confused as to when I would receive my product key code which they say you need to enter before the 20th December. Do those who got the DDE off origin know when these will be released?

Thanks in advance

Edited by JamieM