Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galen Marek vs. Jaina Solo

YoshiRaphElan
04.19.2013 , 08:49 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ricofico View Post
In what book did it say she has Shatterpoint ability? I never knew that. I still need to read The New Jedi Order series or the last two books of the Fate of the Jedi.
It was in LOTF: Invincible, I think, or maybe Revelation.

Kilikaa
04.19.2013 , 12:57 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
It was in LOTF: Invincible, I think, or maybe Revelation.
It was Invincible. Jaina told Luke she saw Jacen use it against Mirta's Mandalorians on her first attempt to kill Jacen. She wanted to learn the ability also, so Luke taught her.

ColsonJade
04.19.2013 , 02:04 PM | #43
Ok I'll bit a little, but only to point about what should be easy to see.

if you compare by development at age 17, that would go to Galen. He had been doing non stop training all his life. While Jaina, while a solo, had a normalish upbringing. She loved flying so she spent a lot of time developing that skill instead of her martial side of her force talents, to the point where she joined the navy. It was not really until after being named the sword of the jedi, did she really start to develop it. Her brothers fall to the dark side was the catalyst that her really made stepped up her game to be the duelist she has become by the time she is named a master.

Thanks,
My 2 cent.
RG_Meriam
Proud Member of Roving Guns! SWTOR XO, WoT, DDO http://www.rovingguns.com

LadyKulvax
04.19.2013 , 03:14 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ColsonJade View Post

if you compare by development at age 17, that would go to Galen. He had been doing non stop training all his life. While Jaina, while a solo, had a normalish upbringing. She loved flying so she spent a lot of time developing that skill instead of her martial side of her force talents, to the point where she joined the navy. It was not really until after being named the sword of the jedi, did she really start to develop it. Her brothers fall to the dark side was the catalyst that her really made stepped up her game to be the duelist she has become by the time she is named a master.

Thanks,
My 2 cent.
This is my biggest issue with this age thing, Galen had been trained at a hardcore Sith level by Vader himself since he was a child, yet Jaina concentrated far far more on her flight skills than anything such as ground combat, she didn't truly start her training till Jacen removed himself from the Order.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Kaedusz
04.19.2013 , 10:40 PM | #45
O.o
Is this question for real?

Galen Marek wins,hands down.

ZahirS
04.21.2013 , 11:49 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by ColsonJade View Post

Thanks,
My 2 cent.
Doesn't matter the upbringing, because Skywalkers learn powers on the fly, and Galen Marek is just a son of a unknown Jedi that trained hardcore but still not in the league of Luke or his nephews.

adormitul
04.22.2013 , 06:21 PM | #47
Quote:
Doesn't matter the upbringing, because Skywalkers learn powers on the fly, and Galen Marek is just a son of a unknown Jedi that trained hardcore but still not in the league of Luke or his nephews.
With Luke on his prime no chance, with him at 17 yes Galen will win and that is also true for all his nephews and maybe his son at that age.

marcelo_sdk
04.22.2013 , 08:19 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Palpatine is just the son of a corrupt noble from a little outer-rim planet. People's origins are not an argument, if you no arguments stay quiet.

adormitul
04.23.2013 , 09:03 AM | #49
Normal people that are not Anakin can become force users if they did not have force sensitive parents? And if yes how is that possible.

YoshiRaphElan
04.23.2013 , 02:35 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Normal people that are not Anakin can become force users if they did not have force sensitive parents? And if yes how is that possible.
Force sensitivity presents itself randomly in a child. Thus, two Force sensitive parents can have a Force-blind child or Force-blind parents can have a sensitive child.