Impulse is taking a break

Wolferra

Hello guys,

I am the GM of Impulse, I wanted to let you know that we decided to have a break from Star Wars until there is a reason to come back for.. The main reason behind this move is, the PvP player pool of Swtor community and the time limit we can do competitive PvP.

I don`t like doing normals, because I don`t have anything to grind and it is basically 50% luck based, if you get good pugs or not, I often find myself frustrated. I don`t know about you but me and my team only plays this game for rated warzones, the only way to play competitive PvP. We can only play from 19.00 to 23.00 , that is if we are lucky to have teams quing. Since we don`t and won`t have cross servers, we can only play for a limited period of time, wait hours for que to pop, and nothing to do in the morning/afternoon/midnight.

About the player pool, I know you might disagree but rateds are a lot different then normals, It is `very` hard to find decent players as 99% of the players we have is RP`ers, PvE`rs, casuals. We are in a situation that no good PvP guild can recruit from general chat now.

Let`s say you found a great skilled player from the remaining %1 who has no experience with rateds, he will screw up as tactic wise.. You need to train him, alot. Which will end up costing you many games. Another example;

Some key player doesn`t login that day, other 7 players are screwed, you cant just take somebody else and que.

It`s not easy to replace people when you are playing at top level. I`ve been leading Impulse since lunch, I had over 15 teams who i played ranked with. We kept replacing players, we managed to be in the top 5 guilds since day 1, but at some point this replacing players `cycle` gets tiring. You wait all day to play ranked, some guys ditch you and you end up losing your time.

You just wanna play with what you got, 2v2 -3v3- 4v4 instead of waiting, hoping for all 8 players to login at the same time.So we wanted a game with Arenas, where we can play 8v8 in the evenings, but also in the morning we can do 2v2, 3v3, whatever we wish.

We just got our big patch, I know we should be exited and stuff.. But frankly, pvp wise, I am not very satisfied.. I thought 2.1 will be a huge pvp patch with ranked season 1 starting, but its just a customization patch which we have no interest in. We have nothing to look forward to but some customization and new cartel market stuff..

Long story short, we wanna play a real pvp game with arenas, with more e-peen competition. I am not saying this game is good this game is bad, I am not trying to argue, just explaining how we feel, you might feel completely differently..

We had our good & bad times, I want to thank everybody I played with/against, I had great time!

Best wishes

-Vivdom

Edited by Wolferra

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see you guys go, I had the pleasure of playing with you a lot long ago when I guess it was one of the old teams, still think it's one of the best moments when you thought I was a girl and I let you believe it until I told Bwuk the truth and you went raging on mumble :D

I heard you might move on to Aion so I with you guys the best of luck in the future!

//Susannah

Ty guys for fun times and special thanks for:

MVPs, ACE and Harbinger for keeping community alive. Keep it up!

Like i said before:

But we will see if there will be major pvp patch or something else to come back to.

Hello guys,

I am the GM of Impulse, I wanted to let you know that we decided to have a break from Star Wars until there is a reason to come back for.. The main reason behind this move is, the PvP player pool of Swtor community and the time limit we can do competitive PvP.

I don`t like doing normals, because I don`t have anything to grind and it is basically 50% luck based, if you get good pugs or not, I often find myself frustrated. I don`t know about you but me and my team only plays this game for rated warzones, the only way to play competitive PvP. We can only play from 19.00 to 23.00 , that is if we are lucky to have teams quing. Since we don`t and won`t have cross servers, we can only play for a limited period of time, wait hours for que to pop, and nothing to do in the morning/afternoon/midnight.

About the player pool, I know you might disagree but rateds are a lot different then normals, It is `very` hard to find decent players as 99% of the players we have is RP`ers, PvE`rs, casuals. We are in a situation that no good PvP guild can recruit from general chat now.

Let`s say you found a great skilled player from the remaining %1 who has no experience with rateds, he will screw up as tactic wise.. You need to train him, alot. Which will end up costing you many games. Another example;

Some key player doesn`t login that day, other 7 players are screwed, you cant just take somebody else and que.

It`s not easy to replace people when you are playing at top level. I`ve been leading Impulse since lunch, I had over 15 teams who i played ranked with. We kept replacing players, we managed to be in the top 5 guilds since day 1, but at some point this replacing players `cycle` gets tiring. You wait all day to play ranked, some guys ditch you and you end up losing your time.

You just wanna play with what you got, 2v2 -3v3- 4v4 instead of waiting, hoping for all 8 players to login at the same time.

So we wanted a game with Arenas, where we can play 8v8 in the evenings, but also in the morning we can do 2v2, 3v3, whatever we wish.

We just got our big patch, I know we should be exited and stuff.. But frankly, pvp wise, I am not very satisfied.. I thought 2.1 will be a huge pvp patch with ranked season 1 starting, but its just a customization patch which we have no interest in. We have nothing to look forward to but some customization and new cartel market stuff..

Long story short, we wanna play a real pvp game with arenas, with more e-peen competition. I am not saying this game is good this game is bad, I am not trying to argue, just explaining how we feel, you might feel completely differently..

We had our good & bad times, I want to thank everybody I played with/against, I had great time!

Best wishes

-Vivdom

strong post! respect!

and totaly agree...

I think any GM of a PvP rwz guild will agree with what Vivdom said... specially those who are trying to get things going for a long time now... Personally I've been more than a year dealing with players and their egos and their epeens, and their constant need for drama/guild jumping or just selfishness and "I don't care with who I want to play now" ... and it becomes really exhausting.

With the reduced pool of players you end up knowing almost everyone out there, and a lot of people have already been in 50% of the top PvP guilds and prob ended up badly so they won't come back. Personally I miss some kind of loyalty to the whole thing, but I guess it's impossible.

You have too many people in a guild = they'll complain cause they don't get to play rwz and will end up leaving. Too few people = you miss one it screws your night of PvP and in the worse case scenario you wait for hours since "maybe" he will come, or maybe not.

Anyway, Impulse had some really nice people, they were good competitors, and I'm glad to have been there for a while :>

I wish you good luck in whatever other games you try and I hope you come back in a bit, after some break from this whole situation.

Edited by TheHybris

I think any GM of a PvP rwz guild will agree with what Vivdom said... specially those who are trying to get things going for a long time now... Personally I've been more than a year dealing with players and their egos and their epeens, and their constant need for drama/guild jumping or just selfishness and "I don't care with who I want to play now" ... and it becomes really exhausting.

With the reduced pool of players you end up knowing almost everyone out there, and a lot of people have already been in 50% of the top PvP guilds and prob ended up badly so they won't come back. Personally I miss some kind of loyalty to the whole thing, but I guess it's impossible.

You have too many people in a guild = they'll complain cause they don't get to play rwz and will end up leaving. Too few people = you miss one it screws your night of PvP and in the worse case scenario you wait for hours since "maybe" he will come, or maybe not.

Anyway, Impulse had some really nice people, they were good competitors, and I'm glad to have been there for a while :>

I wish you good luck in whatever other games you try and I hope you come back in a bit, after some break from this whole situation.

There isnt that many Drunk Finish RWZ Guilds so we dont really have much change in rosters =)

There isnt that many Drunk Finish RWZ Guilds so we dont really have much change in rosters =)

What would this server be without it's drunk finns, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and-and-and boring, and-and completely... Completely wonderful.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

True <3

You gain that (unless you lose your Finns and have no replacements), but my dream is to have the same (good players) for all the time I keep playing :D

Edited by TheHybris

True <3

You gain that (unless you lose your Finns and have no replacements), but my dream is to have the same (good players) for all the time I keep playing :D

that was a difficult sentence to read :o

Jojel im dissapoint, whole harbinger is dissapoint, you know what i mean by this.

for those who stay it should never be good to see any ranked team leaving.

i hope its just a temporary thing, many of us struggle with it lately, and youll be back in a blink of an eye.

transfer servers will come eventually in couple(few) months and ranked community could pick a server to transfer.

Here's hoping we get that one big pvp patch every *********** one is pinning their hopes on, when we get a massive influx of people coming back and rated is alive and everybody is happy and we can go back to drama.