Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wishing for more color crystals

Jayque
02.07.2013 , 10:01 PM | #1
So one thing I have been waiting to see is the introduction of new color crystals. At present, if I don't miss any, we have blue, green, yellow, purple, red, magenta, orange, cyan, and white (and the black cored variety of most). Still, I am a fan of variety and customization and wish to request more color crystals. I even took the time to mock up some possibilities in the attached link (representing brown, aqua, bronze, chartreuse, dark green, and indigo).

http://s1091.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jayque78/media/ColorCrystalsWanted.png.html

(KOTOR II had green, blue, violet, red, yellow, orange, silver, bronze, viridian, and cyan - so SWTOR adds magenta, but loses viridian and bronze)

Of course, others may disagree and wish to keep the glow-sticks and blaster bolts to a limited pallet - who knows...

Ithilwen
02.07.2013 , 10:07 PM | #2
I'd like more options, and judging by the number of times people have started these threads, lots of other people want more variety aswell
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

fresnosmokey
02.08.2013 , 01:19 AM | #3
I could go for this. I could also go for making some of the non-standard colors available at lower levels through some other game mechanic than the Cartel Market, as well. I wouldn't mind colors other than blue, red, green, yellow, and maybe orange that didn't cost several hundred thousand credits a piece (on the GTN).

Jayque
02.08.2013 , 05:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithilwen View Post
I'd like more options, and judging by the number of times people have started these threads, lots of other people want more variety aswell
I had figured it was likely a fairly common request. It would be a simple update overall. Brown, Dark Green, Indigo or dark blue, and a light pink would add a lot of variety. And as another post said, it would be nice if some of that variety was before end game.
Arkim - 52 Juggernaut Oroki - 51 Assassin
Tygar - 51 Mercenary Cayten - 50 Sage
... and others (Legacy Level: 42)

PetFish
02.08.2013 , 07:48 PM | #5
Aside from the basic rainbow colours, they start to look the same when you're talking about shades, so I don't what else they can really add.

I am, however, greatly desiring "elemental" crystals that give us a full-bladed fire/water/lightning/etc effect.
Need a referral link? Here's mine if you want to help me out:
http://www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | D'alari'ia Republic | F'alconi'ia Imperial

MajorCuff
02.15.2013 , 09:18 PM | #6
Brown and gray sound good or black with a white glow around it.

DmdShiva
02.17.2013 , 10:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayque View Post
So one thing I have been waiting to see is the introduction of new color crystals. At present, if I don't miss any, we have blue, green, yellow, purple, red, magenta, orange, cyan, and white (and the black cored variety of most). Still, I am a fan of variety and customization and wish to request more color crystals. I even took the time to mock up some possibilities in the attached link (representing brown, aqua, bronze, chartreuse, dark green, and indigo).
Aside from the graphics aspect of it, which involves the art department making recolored effects for the new blade colors, most of the colors you ask for could be handled by creating new crystal schematics that require more than one 'base' crystal -- for example, a tier-1 orange crystal would require one red and one yellow amorphous crystal, cyan would require one blue and one green, darker versions would require two of the same color (i.e., indigo would require two blue). The Artifice instructor would only have the basic color crystal schematics -- all the rest are 'vanity' crystals, after all -- and the schematics for the others would drop from Underworld Trading and Slicing missions.

Black-core crystals would be tougher to do; I suspect that it would be necessary to create a new, and rare, set of resource objects using recolored versions of the existing crystal formations that would produce a 'dark' crystal (or have the dark crystals appear only as rare crit rewards from Archaeology missions, which would obviate the need to do any artwork but the item icon) that could be used to craft a black-core crystal (again, from schematics that would drop from UT and Slicing missions, or perhaps as an additional purple variant when reverse engineering). So if it were done that way, we would probably see a wider range of craftable colors before we saw craftable black-core crystals

Nutluck
02.17.2013 , 12:36 PM | #8
More options to customize your character is always a plus. I often wonder if companies truly understand how much being able to make your character look exactly the way you want matters to a lot of people. Or that those people would be willing to pay extra for the service.