Bastion or Harbinger for Rateds?

iheartnyc

Would like to hear thoughts from people who do rateds. A bunch of APAC players are trying to decide where to transfer their toons and some of us would like to do so in the most competitive PVP enviornment.

I've heard that Bastion was best for PVP which is why I rerolled, but others are telling me that the top-end Harbinger players beat the top-end Bastion players on the PTS. Would appreciate any additional details (or you can go directly to the Master Dar'nala forum and respond to that thread), either in the form of guild names and/or screen shots or streams, and this would really help us in making a more informed decision.

Edited by iheartnyc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but others are telling me that the top-end Harbinger players beat the top-end Bastion players on the PTS.

We'd have to consult Uncle Gudarzz for the official scoreboard, but I'm pretty certain that we ended up with a positive record against Harbinger.

They beat us some games, we beat them more games.

We'd have to consult Uncle Gudarzz for the official scoreboard, but I'm pretty certain that we ended up with a positive record against Harbinger.

yep early on Squirtle squad got some wins, but near the mid and end of pts i saw mvp getting the wins

Would like to hear thoughts from people who do rateds. A bunch of APAC players are trying to decide where to transfer their toons and some of us would like to do so in the most competitive PVP enviornment.

I've heard that Bastion was best for PVP which is why I rerolled, but others are telling me that the top-end Harbinger players beat the top-end Bastion players on the PTS. Would appreciate any additional details (or you can go directly to the Master Dar'nala forum and respond to that thread), either in the form of guild names and/or screen shots or streams, and this would really help us in making a more informed decision.

lol squirtlesquad got roflpwned in legit games mvp went 11-3 they lost 4 times in gear difference including gear difference games 11-8.

lol squirtlesquad got roflpwned in legit games mvp went 11-3 they lost 4 times in gear difference including gear difference games 11-8.

Lol you should post this information in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6067307#post6067307

People are claiming Harbringer is the better PvP destination server trying to get APACers to reroll on Harbginer.

Both sides will always have excuses, but when we matched them in gear, we definitely won the majority.

If you're looking for competitive pvp, especially late at night, this is the place to be.

We have 4 excellent guilds at the top of the scene right now, and they're all pretty damn near close in skill. Lately it seems like every game we play could go either way.

Justbodies streams most of our matches at the highest level:

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/382858919

The competitive parts start around the 4 hour mark if you're interested. Lots of other great videos on his stream too.

Edited by Morde_

Excuses or not, MVP won the majority of its games on the PTS.

Last few weeks the games between MVP, Strictly Business, Don't Panic, Synergy on the Bastion have been going either way. There's no clear picture of the best team right now.

The Bastion teams tend to queue between 9pm-2am PST. I think you'll find the Bastion more competitive but with less population.

Early on when harbinger had its comp and better players playing on the PTS, we did win the majority, later on we lost a lot of that (mainly healers sadly). The only time that they got to play one of our better comps later on was in the 29 minute novare against MvP, and I think anyone can say that was a good match. So yes, MvP did win overall a larger amount of games, but at the same time, we had gone 7-3 when we had our good comp together. Going 3-2 when we had exactly even gear. I'd say that assuming both teams had gotten their full teams together it would have been much more equalized later on as it was early on, but it doesn't matter as MvP did one thing better than Harbinger absolutely. They were able to consistently get their best players on, where as Harbinger was not able to. So kudos to them, they played excellently. Claiming that one team was better than the other seems to almost be a moot point as I already said, we had won or split our early games when we had the people even with equal gear, and lost later on when we didn't.

I think Bastion does have a few more teams that queue, right now Harbinger has 5 total teams that queue up for competitive matches, and of those 4 of them tend to be the dominant forces with the last eeking out wins through DC's and the like. If you're looking for truly competitive PvP, I would say that Bastion is likely a better place to be.

ALSO:

Anyone claiming that MvP was beaten heavily by us on the PTS over in the APAC forums is not anyone from the represented teams over there on Harbinger. The final score board between the two guilds was 9-12, in favor of MvP winning 12 if I remember correctly. Our score vs casual was an even split with 6-6 and vs nostrum dolus we only played one game that resulted in a loss with one of our extremely bad comps. So 0-1 vs them.

To me, those were the only teams actually worth talking about on the PTS, we played a few others but those teams seemed to not give much of a problem.

Thanks for the info guys.

In the end all i want is for every guild to make an informed decision on where to go. Alot of people are stating things in discussions that simply aren't true and just opinion or distorted/mis-interperted fact. Hopefully this will clear things up.

As a late night Bastion player, I would love to have more teams to queue with or against. We'd definitely welcome you all here, just as we have The Elite. Understandably, latency might be a concern but it doesn't seem to phase many of the current APAC players that play here.

And while we're on the subject, the Squirtle guys from the PTS should reroll here, too. The few games I played against them were a lot of fun and I think they would fit in well with the 4+ competitive RWZ teams already queuing every night on the Bestion.

Early on when harbinger had its comp and better players playing on the PTS, we did win the majority, later on we lost a lot of that (mainly healers sadly). The only time that they got to play one of our better comps later on was in the 29 minute novare against MvP, and I think anyone can say that was a good match. So yes, MvP did win overall a larger amount of games, but at the same time, we had gone 7-3 when we had our good comp together. Going 3-2 when we had exactly even gear. I'd say that assuming both teams had gotten their full teams together it would have been much more equalized later on as it was early on, but it doesn't matter as MvP did one thing better than Harbinger absolutely. They were able to consistently get their best players on, where as Harbinger was not able to. So kudos to them, they played excellently. Claiming that one team was better than the other seems to almost be a moot point as I already said, we had won or split our early games when we had the people even with equal gear, and lost later on when we didn't.

I think Bastion does have a few more teams that queue, right now Harbinger has 5 total teams that queue up for competitive matches, and of those 4 of them tend to be the dominant forces with the last eeking out wins through DC's and the like. If you're looking for truly competitive PvP, I would say that Bastion is likely a better place to be.

ALSO:

Anyone claiming that MvP was beaten heavily by us on the PTS over in the APAC forums is not anyone from the represented teams over there on Harbinger. The final score board between the two guilds was 9-12, in favor of MvP winning 12 if I remember correctly. Our score vs casual was an even split with 6-6 and vs nostrum dolus we only played one game that resulted in a loss with one of our extremely bad comps. So 0-1 vs them.

To me, those were the only teams actually worth talking about on the PTS, we played a few others but those teams seemed to not give much of a problem.

Was your PTS team a combination of players from multiple Harbinger guilds? Because if there was a "Bastion" team comprised of the best players from the Bastion and not just MVP ..... just sayin. MVP is generally the most successful team on the Bastion, but they don't have the best player on the server for all 8 roles by any means.

Was your PTS team a combination of players from multiple Harbinger guilds? Because if there was a "Bastion" team comprised of the best players from the Bastion and not just MVP ..... just sayin. MVP is generally the most successful team on the Bastion, but they don't have the best player on the server for all 8 roles by any means.

What's your fantasy football style Bastion RWZ team?

The first two nights (ie- the most successful nights) it was only players from the same guild. Later on, we started taking players from other guilds and thats when it got messy.

Team cohesion has something to speak for it, more so than just a collection of the best players.

The official score against Squirtle Squad is 14-8 in favor of MVP. This includes all the QQ gear and DC excuses from both teams. I would post a picture of the infamous "whiteboard" that I used to keep track of our PTS scores, but I would get banned for some inappropriate drawings....

What's your fantasy football style Bastion RWZ team?

Well if faction respecs were a thing, then

luxford sorc heals (best NA)

hoodrat (sorry scold but dis guy hax) OP heals

justbodies jug tank (ok that gets the 1 compulsory MVP member out of the way)

deft (i hear he's #1, forgot what class he plays, i'm sure it's a tough one tho)

blamo (melee gunslinger....................ya)

grafx (somehow jiraya still hulk smashes nubs on a shadow)

antipode (class irrelevant)

yours truly watchman sent (after BW reverts healing nerf so I can break 300k heals, f*** PVE balance)

Well if faction respecs were a thing, then

luxford sorc heals (best NA)

hoodrat (sorry scold but dis guy hax) OP heals

justbodies jug tank (ok that gets the 1 compulsory MVP member out of the way)

deft (i hear he's #1, forgot what class he plays, i'm sure it's a tough one tho)

blamo (melee gunslinger....................ya)

grafx (somehow jiraya still hulk smashes nubs on a shadow)

antipode (class irrelevant)

yours truly watchman sent (after BW reverts healing nerf so I can break 300k heals, f*** PVE balance)

this team needs more from kungaming and/or into the darkness tbh

http://www.twitch.tv/razgrizthree/b/375801297

There is the stream of all the matches Casual played that day. The first 3 games me and Thingone weren't playing Thermal Detonator. We lost to Nostra Domus, beat Uncensored, and lost to you. We swapped to Thermal Detonator and went undefeated against you for the rest of the day.

Here is the tally of all of Casuals Matches against ALL teams on 3/9/13

Nostra Domas - Civil War - 0-190 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 20:56 in the stream.

Uncensored - Ancient Hypergates - 839 - 609 (Win) - You can verify this win at 40:00 in the stream.

The Squirtle Squad - Civil War - 0-150 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 1:25:00 on the stream.

Uncensored - Huttball - 6-2 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:37:00 on the stream.

The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 708-494 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:58:00 on the stream. Kills 31-9 <Casual>

The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:25:15 on the stream. Kills 10-12 <Squirtle>

The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 684-458 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:51:30 on the stream. Kills were 18-18.

The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 3:08:00 on the stream. Kills were 18-5.

The Squirte Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this at 3:24:12. Kills were 32-21 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you at the 4 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 680-322 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:22:18 on the stream. Kills were 34-2 <Casual>

The Squirtle Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:39:30 on the stream. Kills were 28-22 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you guys at over the 5 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

According to the stream of all the Ranked matches on that day, final tally against you was 7-1, with you getting one early win against <Casuals> first day of RWZ matches.

Again I digress, you beat <Casual> the very next week ONE game on Voidstar where I played on your team, did the HIGHEST damage on your team, and 130k protection. Ballzballzballz did 25k less damage than me and only did a measely 46k protection and he's your best PT. You can verify this win where I CARRIED you here:

1:49:55 second mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/razgrizthree/b/376316759

Edited by Megatfx

There is the stream of all the matches Casual played that day. The first 3 games me and Thingone weren't playing Thermal Detonator. We lost to Nostra Domus, beat Uncensored, and lost to you. We swapped to Thermal Detonator and went undefeated against you for the rest of the day.

Nostra Domas - Civil War - 0-190 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 20:56 in the stream.

Uncensored - Ancient Hypergates - 839 - 609 (Win) - You can verify this win at 40:00 in the stream.

The Squirtle Squad - Civil War - 0-150 (Loss) - You can verify this loss at 1:25:00 on the stream.

Uncensored - Huttball - 6-2 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:37:00 on the stream.

The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 708-494 (Win) - You can verify this win at 1:58:00 on the stream. Kills 31-9 <Casual>

The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:25:15 on the stream. Kills 10-12 <Squirtle>

The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 684-458 (Win) - You can verify this win at 2:51:30 on the stream. Kills were 18-18.

The Squirtle Squad - Huttball - 6-1 (Win) - You can verify this win at 3:08:00 on the stream. Kills were 18-5.

The Squirte Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this at 3:24:12. Kills were 32-21 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you at the 4 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

The Squirtle Squad - Ancient Hypergates - 680-322 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:22:18 on the stream. Kills were 34-2 <Casual>

The Squirtle Squad - Voidstar - 1-0 (Win) - You can verify this win at 5:39:30 on the stream. Kills were 28-22 <Squirtle> (You beat us in kills because we capped the first door against you guys at over the 5 minute mark and you never got past our first door)

According to the stream of all the Ranked matches on that day, final tally was 7-1, with you getting one early win against <Casuals> first day of RWZ matches. How the hell you got 6-6 even split BLOWS MY FREAKING MIND.

Again I digress, you beat <Casual> the very next week ONE game on Voidstar where I played on your team, did the HIGHEST damage on your team, and 130k protection. Ballzballzballz did 25k less damage than me and only did a measely 46k protection and he's your best PT. You can verify this win where I CARRIED you here:

Man, I don't think ANYONE takes RWZ as seriously as this guy.

And I play with Kand and Ryere, that's saying something.

Edited by Morde_

No in all seriousness Scold, you're telling me you wouldn't troll or raise an eyebrow if <Casual> was going around saying they went 9-1 against you guys? Took me a total of 10 minutes to whip up that post and it's not like I'm the only person who kept a tally of the wins and losses. Edited by Megatfx

He went and made a long post in our server forums, I explained my mistake and apologized. My post was fair game, record stands at 6-6 against PoT5, and 2-7 against Casual. Silly, but w/e. My apologies, and ty Gudarzz for the correction there as well. I know a few of us have thought about rolling toons over on Bastion (the best operative healer from our server has a 50 scoundrel over there now, look for Luiigi)

According to the stream of all the Ranked matches on that day, final tally against you was 7-1, with you getting one early win against <Casuals> first day of RWZ matches.

blahblah

Never seen a nerd have so much pride in his games on PEEEETEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Sound like a kid who never won a trophy or played on a winning team before.

My whiteboard tracking method seems really antiquated after seeing this...