Change Bind on Equip to Bind To Legacy on Equip

Alandross

I would love it if you changed bind on equip to bind to legacy on equip. Not only would this make hand me down gear much more useful but with all the new expensive adaptive sets if you put them on an alt and then think "This would've been better on alt Y" then you don't have to rebuy a whole new set. Or for example if the character gets to end game and you want to swatch out sets you can pass them on to a new lower level char. Edited by Alandross

I would suggest the distinction could be changing:

Bind on Equip to -> Bind To Legacy on Equip

but not changing Bind on Pickup

So anything that you normally could sell/trade/transfer is fair game for all of your legacy, anything bound on pickup isn't.

Though the idea of this is great, I just see one reason for them not to do this. BoE aka Bind on Equip. You can send this to your alts within your Legacy already w/out issue. Now, instead of BoP aka Bind on Pickup, this is where you would like to have it bound to your Legacy. This would be the wiser choice to request.

They mean BInd of Equip so after your done using it on one toon you could send it to another.

Correct... bind on equip wouldn't actually bind to you on equip but bind to your legacy on equip. So you can sell and trade it to whoever before you use it, but once you use it it now can go within your legacy. I have a lot of Bound old armor that would be great for alts or alt companions, the adaptive stuff would be the easiest win since it can work for any character, though the non adaptive stuff would be nice too.

I really would have a hard time spending 1440 cartel coins on a set of gear and then once I hit the end game and get more options I have a useless cargo filling set of gear, then it would be great to pass it on to a new alt.

Another example, in the more RP side of things, you pass an adaptive expensive set (either bought from the market or gathered/bought from cartel packs) and pass it to an alt and realize the theming doesn't fit that character, but instead another one... it seems like keeping it in your legacy makes a lot of sense.

Eh..

As much as I enjoy being able to send used mods to my alts after my main outgears them, I still think that is too much already. I don't agree with this proposed change, but I wouldn't throw a fit over it if they did implement it.

Not that I challenge your right to disagree, but I'm genuinely curious why you wouldn't like this?

Right now bound gear basically becomes extended consumable items. Much of your gear, that you may like, is replaced visually and then it goes to waste or you need to delete it. Ironically I'm reminded that this is a current MMO pattern but if you go back to EQ at Launch gear didn't bind, not until they added "attuneable" gear did bound gear get introduced. In EQ the best twink gear in game is still the old school gear that can be passed on to other characters when you're done with it.

I would understand reservations against bind on pickup gear, since it's meant to be harder to get and more tied to your character. But adaptive sets that you spend a good deal of money, it just seems like a big waste to not allow you to share them with your legacy when your done.

Of course there are other ways they could do this, like adding a cartel item to unbind gear like this. Personally I would just like it to be a legacy feature, even if it's paid to unlock, but for your entire legacy.

I'm still curious (honestly not insultingly) why you wouldn't want the ability to do this? Maybe you wouldn't use it, but what would you have against it.

Edited by Alandross

Not that I challenge your right to disagree, but I'm genuinely curious why you wouldn't like this?

Right now bound gear basically becomes extended consumable items. Much of your gear, that you may like, is replaced visually and then it goes to waste or you need to delete it.

Well, if it's moddable gear, I'll probably upgrade the mods regularly, and when I get tired of the looks, I put it into my cargobay, and might pull it back out again later. If it's not moddable gear, then it'd only be useful to an alt of the exact same class. And chances are, that the alt will be able to get that piece easily anyway.

Well, if it's moddable gear, I'll probably upgrade the mods regularly, and when I get tired of the looks, I put it into my cargobay, and might pull it back out again later. If it's not moddable gear, then it'd only be useful to an alt of the exact same class. And chances are, that the alt will be able to get that piece easily anyway.

I definitely only would want this on moddable gear, and especially adaptive gear. But none of which are reasons to dislike the feature, just cases where the feature isn't useful or less useful.