ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

evilmoka

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of seeing people top the dps by pressing 2-3 buttons. I just saw a jugg do 1.3 million in a hypergate. It's not even remotely fair compared to what other classes get.

1. Wow another nerf smash thread, you win!

2. You are confusing pre2.0 PTs with smash players. Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash. Let alone other attacks, defensive cooldowns, taunts, stuns, you get the picture.

3. I saw a shadow do 1.1 million and a sorc do 1.6 million in a civil. Can they get a nerf?

Yeah, nerf Smash BUT gives Warriors/Knights a Stunn like other classes have (the one Warriors/Knights have is actually a channel skill, can be interrupted by pushes/others CCs/Mezzs/etc...), gives Warriors/Knights a Cleanser or Save-Me-Im-Running-Fast button, etc........

Is nearly sure than u play an Inquisitor/Consular, dont? Well, how about a nerf to a class that really need it, in all their subclasses and trees except the shared Balance/Madness? The only real survavility cooldown of Warrior/Knight is the dmg they do, no other one, if it wasnt for the dmg they do they could be the new Commandos/Mercs.

I'm tired of seeing people top the dps by pressing 2-3 buttons. I just saw a jugg do 1.3 million in a hypergate. It's not even remotely fair compared to what other classes get.

standard L2P issue ... i see it often in WZs ... ppl shout some stupid and useless words like sniper is no skill class, assasin can solo 4 ppl, smashers or maras use 2-3 buttons, healing is OP

every1 who think 2-3 buttons is enough to be the best is retarded .... howgh... i play 6 classes and have 15-25 active keybinds on each

Yeah, nerf Smash BUT

The only real survavility cooldown of Warrior/Knight is the dmg they do, no other one, if it wasnt for the dmg they do they could be the new Commandos/Mercs.

Lulz, you funny.

Shared: Sabre Ward, Roar (instant aoe mez)

Mara: Cloak of Pain, Undying Rage, Force Camo

Jugg: Endure Pain, Sabre Reflect

and that's before you get into talented abilities.

They then couple these outrageous defensives with the hardest hitting moves in the game.

I am currently in all partisan with both Conqueror lightsabers and the Conqueror chest and boots. With a WZ stim and inspiration popped I'm criting for 6.7 - 6.8k maximum and my Dispatch (saber throw) does about the same. Without inspiration I'm criting for 6.4 on a regular basis. Now if I was maxed out in Firebrand with full augments, stim and inspiration I could see some doing 9k, but that might even be reaching a bit. People that are doing damage in the MILLIONS are EXPLOITING BOLSTER!!!

You're complaining about a pure DPS/DMG class doing what it's supposed to do. YES this is a heavy hitting class, but it IS NOT over powered and can be countered in many different ways. I'm sick of people acting like it's the best class and is unstoppable! I warzone daily and see many other classes top the damage and kill charts all the time legitamatley..

P.S I just copy and pasted my post from the thread below yours..Maybe you should of just posted there :)

2. You are confusing pre2.0 PTs with smash players. Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash. Let alone other attacks, defensive cooldowns, taunts, stuns, you get the picture.

3. I saw a shadow do 1.1 million and a sorc do 1.6 million in a civil. Can they get a nerf?

Overt smasher defending smash. Maybe the OP is poorly articulated in some of his claims, but the spec is certainly still above others.

And FYI, Guardian smash - Leap, Combat Focus, Smash. To play it better than that you need multiple buttons, to play it OK and viably, i.e. to be dangerous you need only three.

Lulz, you funny.

Shared: Sabre Ward, Roar (instant aoe mez)

Mara: Cloak of Pain, Undying Rage, Force Camo

Jugg: Endure Pain, Sabre Reflect

and that's before you get into talented abilities.

They then couple these outrageous defensives with the hardest hitting moves in the game.

Endure pain is one of the worst threat dumps/healing abilities out there by the way. The amount of rage it takes...

Smash hits up to 5 people in a 5 meter radius(give or take a meter). Don't stand so close together.

My main's a Merc, my Mara is poorly geared and I probably don't play her right anyway because I don't have high DPS numbers at the end of the matches, so no I'm not defending this so I can keep lawl-smashing :D

standard L2P issue ... i see it often in WZs ... ppl shout some stupid and useless words like sniper is no skill class, assasin can solo 4 ppl, smashers or maras use 2-3 buttons, healing is OP

every1 who think 2-3 buttons is enough to be the best is retarded .... howgh... i play 6 classes and have 15-25 active keybinds on each

Really? Name me 1 class that you use 15 different keybinds each warzone :)

You must be a smasher. Let seee...

Enrage

Leap

Smash.

Looks like 3 to me!

Edited by DarthWoad

First, to the people above, Endure Pain and Enraged/Focused Defense is not the same ability.

Second, keybinds on a guardian (vigilance):

warzone medpack, warzone adrenal, saber reflect, saber ward, endure pain, focused defense, sundering strike,

overhead slash, plasma brand, masterstrike, bladestorm, dispatch, force stasis, force kick, saber throw, force leap, force push, smash/sweep, combat focus, the anti-stun ability (forgot name), guardian leap, awe, taunt, mass taunt

to name but a few.

Edited by Asaxor
addition

Really? Name me 1 class that you use 15 different keybinds each warzone :)

Im using at least 22 keybinds without adrenals and relics on each class im playing.

Its normal for effective pvper.

Edited by Methestel

Yeah, nerf Smash BUT gives Warriors/Knights a Stunn like other classes have (the one Warriors/Knights have is actually a channel skill, can be interrupted by pushes/others CCs/Mezzs/etc...), gives Warriors/Knights a Cleanser or Save-Me-Im-Running-Fast button, etc........

Is nearly sure than u play an Inquisitor/Consular, dont? Well, how about a nerf to a class that really need it, in all their subclasses and trees except the shared Balance/Madness? The only real survavility cooldown of Warrior/Knight is the dmg they do, no other one, if it wasnt for the dmg they do they could be the new Commandos/Mercs.

Hey, I agree that the calls to nerf smash are stupid, but don't play the "oh woe is me" card. Smash juggs and mara's have a ton of get out of jail abilities. Just be happy you have an aoe that hits ppl for 7k + on a regular basis and just ignore the crazy ppl posting crap calls for nerfs on the forums

quite nice nerf solution from my pov would be a restriction of the guaranteed crit and the dmg increasment of singularitys to the targeted player(if in range), everybody else effected by the sweep/smashwill take only normal dmg and not the buffed one.

quite nice nerf solution from my pov would be a restriction of the guaranteed crit and the dmg increasment of singularitys to the targeted player(if in range), everybody else effected by the sweep/smashwill take only normal dmg and not the buffed one.

I'll take that, since the only thing I use smash for is to set up Blade storm, slash and dispatch with a damage buff.

Abilities in the tree:

Insight: 6% Force Critical chance

Momentum: Free Blade Storm after leap

Swift Slash: 15% Critical strike chance on Slash and Dispatch

Saber Strength: 6% damage increase on Zealous Leap, Slash and Dispatch

Shii-Cho Mastery: Shii-Cho form increases armor penetration by 30%

Force Lash: Slash deals additional energy damage as Force damage

Focused Resonance: Increase all critical strike damage of all attacks by 15%

Heightened Power: Increases all damage deal by 9% for 6 seconds after using Force Sweep

Anyone that is still rolling along with 2 or 3 button smashmonkey play is going to be vastly underperforming. The dangerous smashers are not the ones relying on just smash for damage output, even with the AOE considered, it's only about 20-25% of my DPS in the spec. Blade Storm and Dispatch are higher. So go ahead and nerf Smash damage, I'll still be using it to set up my single target burst that will remove the remain 75% of your hp bar.

I have been a vengeance juggernaut forever, i speccd smash as a joke as my friends kept going on about it and its just stupid, I get 10k smashes pvp and pve all day long, its not hard its not complicated and its guaranteed.

The hardest hitting attack in the game is an auto crit and crit got nerfed in 2.0 which makes it more offensive.

I will continue to play vengeance because its more fun and involving to play but the state of smash means lazy players will naturally gravitate to it and do well with it because it is just so easy mode now.

Meh, pyros had their time in the sun and are currently enjoying their kick in the nuts, smash will get it sooner or later.

Is your argument best summed up as "it requires skill to play a smasher"?

If so, "lol" is my reply.