Is it possible to 1v1 a healer in pvp?

King_Ghidorah

Seriously, healing was already ridiculous with people self healing in pvp but now it seems even worse. But im serious is there any good way to 1v1 a healer in pvp? I would like to know for future encounters.

Based on single target damage vs single target heals with the consideration of defensives and kiting ability...no. You should not be able to. With no line of sight, a merc might be able to cheese a mistake out and get it done...but it requires a mistake and the healer won't kill the merc either.

Seriously, healing was already ridiculous with people self healing in pvp but now it seems even worse. But im serious is there any good way to 1v1 a healer in pvp? I would like to know for future encounters.

Support being viable is part of the challenge in PvP. It takes some coordination, teamwork, and good execution to systematically dismantle the enemys support (especially when there are both tanks and healers). The system doesn't work very well when a team has an overabundance of healers but that can't be helped with any system currently in the game. People often complain about enemy healers then turning around and expecting heals. If heals could be killed by a single DPS then every engagement a single DPS would simply break away and kill the healer without any teamwork being necessary... everyone would play DPS and the challenge of the game would greatly lessen.

^Just an opinion^

most healers with no guard are soloable if you know how to use stuns, interrupt, slow and burst. There are some classes that have more burst than others but in general I think all classes have potential to solo most of the healer out there (well maybe Juggs dont lol)

In my server, I would say only 10-15 healer sorcs/sages are not soloable as they know how to Los, move, stun and burst heal.

Guarded healers are different tho, however I''ve managed to 2v1 a good guarded healer with a couple of guildies that know when to cc, interrupt and burst

Depends on the healer class and your dps class.

Mercs are obviously the hardest to kill now

Operatives second

Sorcs last

I can solo kill Sorcs on most of my dps, depending on Sorc skill, which most of the current ones don't have because they moved to Mercs.

Operatives are nearly impossible because of their movability and escapes give them a big edge even before healing. Only another Operative or maybe a sin can take out an Operative healer. I'm not saying it's impossible for others, but you'll need to be a better player than they are

Mercs, damn they are hard to kill. I've killed a couple on my Mara, but I don't think they were that good to start with. I think it would be nearly impossible against a good Merc

It comes down to player skill at the end of the day as no 2 players are exactly equal.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

this is a nice topic for discussion..i can say for a sorc healer yes you can kill 1 vs 1..it wont be easy and it might take awhile but a sin is built for that task..i have did it against good sorcs..takes to long and my patience is short..unless if i have to really kill a sorc healer..i don't waste time sticking to him or her..

operative healer is a different kind of beast..with my sin only a few i had killed..but they were kind of bad and didn't know how to play the class..1 vs 1 it is very hard to solo operative healer..

the effort and time you have to put into..it is not worth it just zerg the ops and kill him with a group..almost forgot with the exploitable countermeasure utility..if you beat a ops healer to 5% hp.they can pop countermeasure and get burst healed up to 80k hp..

with that in mind and other factor of stealth...a good ops healer you will not kill ever..unless they fix that exploit countermeasure utility..i ran across ops in rank that you get them to 10% hp..wham H2F and they stealth out and laugh at you..

Edited by Xertasian

Guys... no. Lol HPS is tuned higher than DPS. You should NOT be able to kill a healer. That is a FACT. If you can they are BAD.

This...In a perfect world (skill =/= skill) you could render a healer neutral effectively trading your DPS to tie up their healing...but not take them out. It would be an eternal struggle scenario that would take a 3rd party to shift the conflict to one sides favor.

Edited by Soljin

This...In a perfect world (skill =/= skill) you could render a healer neutral effectively trading your DPS to tie up their healing...but not take them out. It would be an eternal struggle scenario that would take a 3rd party to shift the conflict to one sides favor.

100% this.

Depends on the healer class and your dps class.

Mercs are obviously the hardest to kill now

Operatives second

Sorcs last

I can solo kill Sorcs on most of my dps, depending on Sorc skill, which most of the current ones don't have because they moved to Mercs.

Operatives are nearly impossible because of their movability and escapes give them a big edge even before healing. Only another Operative or maybe a sin can take out an Operative healer. I'm not saying it's impossible for others, but you'll need to be a better player than they are

Mercs, damn they are hard to kill. I've killed a couple on my Mara, but I don't think they were that good to start with. I think it would be nearly impossible against a good Merc

It comes down to player skill at the end of the day as no 2 players are exactly equal.

I call BS. 1v1 the only way to kill a healer would be if he's terribad.

I call BS. 1v1 the only way to kill a healer would be if he's terribad.

Why BS, why can't I just be good.? Not that I'm saying I am. But just because you can't kill a healer, doesn't mean others can't.

I did say it's skill vs skill, everything being equal, then no, you probably can't beat a healer, except maybe a Sorc and that depends on your dps class.

But things aren't ever equal. So Sorcs and Mercs are killable if you have a higher skill lvl than they do. The only ones that have to be absolutely terrible and mean really bad are Operatives. If you can solo a healer Operative at the moment, then they are bad.

I've killed Merc healers and like I said, they weren't that great, but I've come really close to finishing off half decent ones and then their back up arrives, so I'll never know if I could have beaten them. FYI, this is all on my Fury Mara.

Yes, this is the way it should work.

Why BS, why can't I just be good.? Not that I'm saying I am. But just because you can't kill a healer, doesn't mean others can't.

I did say it's skill vs skill, everything being equal, then no, you probably can't beat a healer, except maybe a Sorc and that depends on your dps class.

But things aren't ever equal. So Sorcs and Mercs are killable if you have a higher skill lvl than they do. The only ones that have to be absolutely terrible and mean really bad are Operatives. If you can solo a healer Operative at the moment, then they are bad.

I've killed Merc healers and like I said, they weren't that great, but I've come really close to finishing off half decent ones and then their back up arrives, so I'll never know if I could have beaten them. FYI, this is all on my Fury Mara.

TrixxeTriss, darling, the point he is trying to make is logically YOU AREN'T SUPPOSE TO BE ABLE TO. Like I said in previous post, HPS is tuned HIGHER than DPS. The reason being is if a healer can't outheal 1 DPS there is no point of them to be in the game because they can't heal an ally through one DPS tunneling them. That's the point.

If a DPS kills a healer the healer IS BAD. It has nothing to do with the DPS at all.

Edited by kissingaiur

TrixxeTriss, darling, the point he is trying to make is logically YOU AREN'T SUPPOSE TO BE ABLE. Like I said in previous post, HPS is tuned HIGHER than DPS. The reason being is if a healer can't outheal 1 DPS there is no point of them to be in the game because they can't heal an ally through one DPS tunneling them. That's the point.

If a DPS kills a healer the healer IS BAD. It has nothing to do with the DPS at all.

I do understand, and I agree, in a perfect world with skill=skill, then healers shouldn't be able to be solo'd.

Like I said in another post, it is often a skill vs skill situation. Just because you beat a healer doesn't essentially mean they are bad, just that they are at a different skill lvl to you. They might do well against 90% of people and not die, everyone thinks they are a good healer, then someone comes along and kills them. They aren't necessarily bad, just not up to that skill lvl.

We really shouldn't call people bad unless they are actually bad and I mean drooling on the floor bad. Mostly it's a player skill vs skill issue, with a smattering of luck or OPness of a class.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this isn't a perfect world and things aren't skill=skill. The thread title, "is it possible to 1v1 a healer in pvp". The answer isnt static, it's both no and yes, with lots of but's and variables in between

My suggestion, and this is all it is, if people see a Sorc or a Merc healer in a solo situation, pressure them and see if they break. If they see a Operative healer, don't bother except to harass them and try and tie them up.

I'm maining a healer sage on Harb at the moment, have done over 3 mil in a level 70 4v4 just pug cueing by myself, and I consider it "possible" for someone to solo kill me. I mean I could get bogged down in a lag spike or just end up in a bad spot when all my stuff is on cd, or make a mistake that would allow a really good dps to capitalize on it... I'm not perfect, and if in someone's opinion that means I should unsub and jump off a cliff that's halarious. I know ppl who say stuff like that generally are the same ones who never leave the safety of their premade, even if that means letting the other team walk away with a victory. I love it when the opposing team has had a three cap the whole match and I hear that some people on my team are invincible. To thee I say both grats and get a spine plz. Plus we all know that there's hackers and exploiters out there so I'd say that if once in a while you get solo killed as a heals it's not the end of the world.

But getting back to the point I have only seen one healer do way better than the best I have done since the new expansion launched (and they were clearly with an exceptional premade) and I consider it possible for someone to solo kill me. Is it practical to try though? That's another question. It just takes too long. If your team is winning then focus on defence. If you need to cap or plant then you are going to have to focus fire them or maybe try to isolate their dps'ers but just blindly attacking the healer isn't going to help you cap or plant. However, if your team is ahead and you are just trying to keep that guy in a place where he can't help his team that's another story. I mean if you are a dps and you can keep a team's pro heals kiting you around out in the open while your team is scoring points then I'd say that's worth doing but then again everything is situational. As a general answer to your question I'd say: Is it possible? Yes. Is it practical? No.

I'm maining a healer sage on Harb at the moment, have done over 3 mil in a level 70 4v4 just pug cueing by myself, and I consider it "possible" for someone to solo kill me. I mean I could get bogged down in a lag spike or just end up in a bad spot when all my stuff is on cd, or make a mistake that would allow a really good dps to capitalize on it... I'm not perfect, and if in someone's opinion that means I should unsub and jump off a cliff that's halarious. I know ppl who say stuff like that generally are the same ones who never leave the safety of their premade, even if that means letting the other team walk away with a victory. I love it when the opposing team has had a three cap the whole match and I hear that some people on my team are invincible. To thee I say both grats and get a spine plz. Plus we all know that there's hackers and exploiters out there so I'd say that if once in a while you get solo killed as a heals it's not the end of the world.

But getting back to the point I have only seen one healer do way better than the best I have done since the new expansion launched (and they were clearly with an exceptional premade) and I consider it possible for someone to solo kill me. Is it practical to try though? That's another question. It just takes too long. If your team is winning then focus on defence. If you need to cap or plant then you are going to have to focus fire them or maybe try to isolate their dps'ers but just blindly attacking the healer isn't going to help you cap or plant. However, if your team is ahead and you are just trying to keep that guy in a place where he can't help his team that's another story. I mean if you are a dps and you can keep a team's pro heals kiting you around out in the open while your team is scoring points then I'd say that's worth doing but then again everything is situational. As a general answer to your question I'd say: Is it possible? Yes. Is it practical? No.

It's worth it in regs if they are solo guarding for some reason. ie their team all ran off and left them or they have multiple healers at the other node and it's a stalemate it why own it or you can intercept a respawned one on the way to an node.

This is where I have got my solo or nearly solo kills. Ive killed Sorcs and Mercs and I would have finished off a few more Mercs if their help hadn't arrived. Were they bad? Well the Mercs werent that great, guess they are still learning their FOTM. The Sorcs were tougher and seemed more competent, probably why they didn't get any help when they called inc. People probably throught they we safe against one Mara.

Well this makes sense. At least now i don't have to feel so bad if i cant kill one healer. Still very frustrating though for 4v4. Can be hard to get everyone to focus on the healer.

Btw i use deception assassin

Edited by King_Ghidorah

Well this makes sense. At least now i don't have to feel so bad if i cant kill one healer. Still very frustrating though for 4v4. Can be hard to get everyone to focus on the healer.

Btw i use deception assassin

Sometimes it's better to cc the healer and tunnel focus a squishy dps, then switch back to the healer

I can tell you that it's not a good idea to 1v1 a healer. A few months ago I 1v1 a healer with my immortal jug, Couldn't even drain his health down. He really new how to handle his rotations. The only way I can think of to kill a healer is with at least 2 people with stuns and good blows to his healths;)