8man operation setups

hey me and my guild are looking to start doing 8 man operations soon and I was wondering what the current operations require for party set up-s

So far I was thinking

2-tanks ( juganauggts)(mainly cause that's what the guys that tanked settled on)

2-3 healers

3-4 dps

Again I'm assuming we will need two tanks any info will be appreciated can't find alot on the net.

Raz'vhan second in command

Guarding the angels

You don't need two tanks for anything. Heck, a bunch of fights are doable without any tanks. 4th boss in EV might be the only boss you need a person with extra armor on his gear to outlast his mob, but dps spec is fine, even on HM.

We run with:

1 tank

2 healers

5 dps

You don't need two tanks for anything. Heck, a bunch of fights are doable without any tanks. 4th boss in EV might be the only boss you need a person with extra armor on his gear to outlast his mob, but dps spec is fine, even on HM.

We run with:

1 tank

2 healers

5 dps

Care to show proof of not needing a tank?

On normal mode we run single tank due to there being no real need for a second (even third boss, cc suffices in place of a tank) and on hardmode we roll with single tank due to enrage timer requirements (and again, no real 'need' for a 2nd tank)

Yeah at least in Norm and HM you don't really need a second tank, its more of a convenience to have one if your tank gets trapped or knocked away or something. In HM it is almost a penalty with the DPS requirements for the fights, if you can get away with the 1 tank you're much better off bringing a 5th DPS to make the time limits easier.

Infernal Council is a wierd situation to go by not needing any tanks because its all 1v1 fights. Soa is the only one where having a second one is kinda nice in case your first one gets trapped/thrown but its also really nice being able to kill mind traps faster with that 5th DPS.

I'll bet they modify some of the fights to make you 2 tank them or some of the new Karagga's stuff will be more unforgiving to single tanks. Either that or they'll start throwing around the stacking debuffs since theres already plenty of things in normal fights that have them. All it'd take is a boss to stack an armor debuff to force you to switch tanks.

Yeah at least in Norm and HM you don't really need a second tank, its more of a convenience to have one if your tank gets trapped or knocked away or something. In HM it is almost a penalty with the DPS requirements for the fights, if you can get away with the 1 tank you're much better off bringing a 5th DPS to make the time limits easier.

Infernal Council is a wierd situation to go by not needing any tanks because its all 1v1 fights. Soa is the only one where having a second one is kinda nice in case your first one gets trapped/thrown but its also really nice being able to kill mind traps faster with that 5th DPS.

I'll bet they modify some of the fights to make you 2 tank them or some of the new Karagga's stuff will be more unforgiving to single tanks. Either that or they'll start throwing around the stacking debuffs since theres already plenty of things in normal fights that have them. All it'd take is a boss to stack an armor debuff to force you to switch tanks.

Pretty much spot on. You don't need a 2nd tank for anything. On normal it's not really that important if you bring a 2nd one but on HM/NM it's almost a penalty, yes. Hell, for HH with the way the fight works and the enrage you don't need ANY tank.

1 Tank

1 Healer

6 DPS

For all normal encounters + Gharj, Annihilator HM/NMM

0 Tank

2 Healers

6 DPS

For Bonethrasher HM/NMM

1 Tank

2 Healers

5 DPS

For all other HM/NMM

(Pylons does not require a tank, just have people assigned to certain adds, they stun/nuke them. When elite pops just kite/stunlock it. Should never take much damage at all)

Edited by Mikesglory

• 3 years later...

We run with:

1 tank

2 healers

5 dps

Funny how you listed a tank here but said you don't really need any. Not to mention its not the armor but the threat the tank provides keeping one player on focus. Maybe you were high when you posted this?

Funny how you listed a tank here but said you don't really need any. Not to mention its not the armor but the threat the tank provides keeping one player on focus. Maybe you were high when you posted this?

Glad you could set that guy straight 3 years later. I bet he is red in the face that he didn't know the normal group setup a couple weeks after the games release.