Phys security key

Slamuel

I just bought this. when it came today, it changes every couple presses. whats going on?

Are you asking about the security key-fob that comes with the collectors edition?

If you are, what is happening is upon first pushing the button a random number is generated and displayed. That number will not change for a few seconds in case you did not have enough time to enter it into the splash screen log in, so if you press the button again within that time the same number will be displayed again.

A few more seconds and the number will "clear out" of the "memory" and if you press the button again a new number is generated.

This is done so you have an extra layer of security for your account. So even if someone figures out your password they still will not be able to log in because of the randomly generated security key.

Edited by Angelienna

I just bought this. when it came today, it changes every couple presses. whats going on?

I have a question, did your security key come with an instruction book of some kind? If it does; please read it, if not then read this faq from the site.

Protect your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Account

Increase your account security with the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Security Key!

Available as a physical or mobile security key, this optional security key takes only a few minutes to set up and gives your account an additional layer of two-factor authentication, providing much greater protection against unauthorized access even if your computer becomes compromised. Each time you log in to the game or to the website, your security key will generate a unique, eight (8) digit, one-time use digital code to use in addition to your regular Star Wars: The Old Republic password.

I hope this answers your question.