Core World Changes

TaitWatson

Question about Heroics with pre-reqs:

How will heroics that have prerequisites work? For example, Alderaan has a few heroics that can't be done until you have progressed on the bonus series. Will they be available on the mission terminal if you have not met the pre 4.0 req's? If the prereq is still require, will those that have met it be able to use the terminal to get it?

What about heroic's that are area quests? Will they be available from the terminal?

Question about Heroics and Conquest:

Right now when conquest offers a reward for a specific planets heroic it is worth 500 pts (before invasion bonus).

If you do the the heroic every day you could earn 3000 points in the 6 days of conquest per heroic.

With the changes, each heroic will only be able to run once a week.

Are we going to see each heroic worth more to compensate for the lack of being able to repeat them?

Something like 2000 pts (before invasion bonus) per heroic seems fair.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about Heroics with pre-reqs:

How will heroics that have prerequisites work? For example, Alderaan has a few heroics that can't be done until you have progressed on the bonus series. Will they be available on the mission terminal if you have not met the pre 4.0 req's? If the prereq is still require, will those that have met it be able to use the terminal to get it?

What about heroic's that are area quests? Will they be available from the terminal?

Question about Heroics and Conquest:

Right now when conquest offers a reward for a specific planets heroic it is worth 500 pts (before invasion bonus).

If you do the the heroic every day you could earn 3000 points in the 6 days of conquest per heroic.

With the changes, each heroic will only be able to run once a week.

Are we going to see each heroic worth more to compensate for the lack of being able to repeat them?

Something like 2000 pts (before invasion bonus) per heroic seems fair.

We did not see the area missions on Dromuud Kaas or anywhere else on the planets shown on the terminal in the livestream, only pick-up misisons.

The only example we saw was of a L60 who had completed Ch3 of the character story. I would assume that only the heroics you have access to by walking up to the mission giver are accessible via terminal (IE, you have to progress the planetary story to access the later heroics)m but there's nothing official one way or another.

Personal Conquest points targets are being lowered to compensate for the changes in mechanics.

Personal Conquest points targets are being lowered to compensate for the changes in mechanics.

They implied that they were lowered to compensate for the changes to the crafting changes. Which with respect to the points possible from crafting was understandable.

Base 40 min to craft a war supply for 500 pts typically.

1440 min in a day / 40 min craft = 36 crafts

36 crafts * 6 companions = 216 total crafts

216 total crafts * 500 pts = 10800 points / day

It is not realistic that someone would be on it to actually achieve this kind of output but even 50% of that is still over 50,000 points per day. Something had to be done to curb that madness. My personal opinion is that it was a little to far in the other direction but what do I know?

Heroics on the other had have vastly different requirements and outputs.

Balmorra, with 9 heroics per day, is one of the planets with more heroics, that appears in conquest.

OUTPUT

9 heroics * 500 pts = 4500 pts

4500 pts / day

REQUIREMENTS

Even now without being negatively bolstered each heroic takes between 5 and 10 minutes. You can't log in for 10 minutes or less and click through some menus and be done for a few hours. Making conquest points with crafting was relatively quick albeit expensive. Heroics require you to play the game. Come 4.0 it will in theory even be moderately difficult.

Heroics, currently at least, are a good way for solo players / small groups to earn conquest. They have no class requirements, don't suffer during off peek hours and are PvE.

IMO it just seems like if they are going to restrict them to once a week they need to bump up the pts rewarded.

Edited by LeyDrewid

Drawing inspiration from the success of last year’s 12x XP boost and the more recent Epic Story XP Boost, in Fallen Empire we’ve altered the core leveling experience from 1-60 for all players, making it quicker and more story-centric.

Read More

everything but level sync is fine. I like being overleveled and overpowered. who do you think wants to be underpowered and underleveled? I want to have an easy good time while leveling. I do not want to get frustrated or ask people for help. especially since people rarely help. please revise this before I end up quiting for good. this is supposed to be an mmo and in most if not all other mmo's people get power leveled or they like power leveling others. don't ruin this game for everyone who likes being overpowered! or make it where once someone reaches max level they no longer get level synced from any quest since they no longer need experience.

Drawing inspiration from the success of last year’s 12x XP boost and the more recent Epic Story XP Boost, in Fallen Empire we’ve altered the core leveling experience from 1-60 for all players, making it quicker and more story-centric.

Read More

Meh.

Would rather have the old way, 12x for class missions, without the imposed mandatory levelsync.

Or even no 12x, without the imposed mandatory levelsync.

Either way.

I like being overleveled and overpowered. who do you think wants to be underpowered and underleveled? I want to have an easy good time while leveling.

I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you will still be able to be over leveled and over powered.

This is great! Alot of the reason i kept burning out (I've been here since beta but kept taking months long breaks) is all the stupid missions that distract me from the "critical path". This was a very needed change, though Im enjoying the 12x epic boost, finally getting a few of my original characters up to 60 after all these years.

I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you will still be able to be over leveled and over powered.

IF you are right, a couple of days into 4.0, we're going to see a flood of threads along two lines:

"Where's my challenge, down-sync more!"

"This didn't make PvP fair at all, down-sync more!"

And Bioware is going to have yet another "balance" tug-of-war to deal with, and even more constant pressure from small slices of the playerbase to continue to muck about with the game to the detriment of everyone else playing.

That level-sync better be optional! Spending hundreds of thousands on GTN or grinding recommendations for level-appropriate gear just to survive trash mobs is not my idea of fun.

It's bad enough to be 20 levels above recommended and STILL need to hack away at a boss for 5 minutes, I don't need that experience to be the norm for every damn mission I might have missed while progressing the story. Hell, the whole premise of the game was "cinematic feel" and whatnot, but (barring gear optimization) the characters feel so ridiculously underpowered even against regular mobs, that the only way to get any satisfaction from the all-too-frequent fights with trash is to go back riding your own personal death star to bully things you met when you got your first lightsaber.

That level-sync better be optional! Spending hundreds of thousands on GTN or grinding recommendations for level-appropriate gear just to survive trash mobs is not my idea of fun.

It's bad enough to be 20 levels above recommended and STILL need to hack away at a boss for 5 minutes, I don't need that experience to be the norm for every damn mission I might have missed while progressing the story. Hell, the whole premise of the game was "cinematic feel" and whatnot, but (barring gear optimization) the characters feel so ridiculously underpowered even against regular mobs, that the only way to get any satisfaction from the all-too-frequent fights with trash is to go back riding your own personal death star to bully things you met when you got your first lightsaber.

Yeah this sums up alot of my thoughts.

I mean, plus for RP purposes it doesn't look too neat when a Darth has to spend more than 1 hit to kill a khor slug on Korriban.

Maybe make level sync mandatory in pvp zones, or optional altogether.

Ideally, make the game so I can 1-60 doing ONLY class story missions.

12XP was the reason I resubbed, grinding through side-quests and mobs I had no interest whatsoever in doing is what made me quit to begin with, just leave 12xp as a permanent thing for subs, and give everyone else the half baked xp system.

Edited by Colascione

I liked the 12x boost for subscribers, it let me get to decent levels quickly, and felt pretty good overall. I'm a little disappointed they're taking it out, but so be it. Perhaps the changes they're making will be good regardless.

However, one thing I'm NOT sure about is the level syncing. In general it is a great thing, but I do think it should be a toggleable option. Let us CHOOSE to sync our level to the world or not. Sometimes all you want to do is go kick the butt of some low level bad guys.

I think adding Planetary Missions to the Class Missions is a great idea tbh. As much as I loved being able to rush through the story of a class with the 12x EXP boost, I often felt a little bad about skipping the Planetary stories since they tend to be as excellently written and paced as the Class stories. I think new players will enjoy them just as much as the Class stories, and they help provide a lot more insight and attachment to the planets we're exploring.

Keeping Side Missions optional was the important part of all this, and I'm glad to see Bioware are doing that. The old-school MMO design of filling out the levelling time with fetch quests and mob grinding really does need to be left behind. I think all of these changes are a fantastic step forward for the game, and the only part of the game that will risk putting off new players now is the vast amount of repetitive skills and abilities compared to more modern MMOs like ESO, Guild Wars 2, and Wildstar. Even WoW adapted to that by merging abilities together into more powerful and versatile ones. Imo, that should be the next priority.

Finally. I really think it's about time because I'm so tired of not being able to level by just doing story and planet quests when I started subscribing. I like the idea a lot since I don't really like questing with people, and the Heroics seemed to be the only way to level or flashpoints. So yeah. I'm so excited for this to happen. I also like the fact that even the level sync at 60, killing 30 mobs still gives you appropriate experience. Thank you BIoware for doing these changes.

This isn't an unwelcome change. My first character, I did all the missions. Second character, most. Since then, I only do the class, planet, bonus, and a few of the missions (Just did the one with force sensitive jawa) that are interesting. At this point, losing the bonus and the vaguely interesting sides isn't that big a loss.

Will Black Hole or Section X be considered Story or exploratory? I can't see Oricon being considered exploratory but will I have to enable exploratory to see Black Hole, Section X, and the Seeker/Macro missions

For that matter, what about the Aurora Cannon and the Seeds/Shroud mission where the mechanics are such that you have to have more than 2 to flip the appropriate missions? Will those be made soloable?

This isn't an unwelcome change. My first character, I did all the missions. Second character, most. Since then, I only do the class, planet, bonus, and a few of the missions (Just did the one with force sensitive jawa) that are interesting. At this point, losing the bonus and the vaguely interesting sides isn't that big a loss.

Will Black Hole or Section X be considered Story or exploratory? I can't see Oricon being considered exploratory but will I have to enable exploratory to see Black Hole, Section X, and the Seeker/Macro missions

For that matter, what about the Aurora Cannon and the Seeds/Shroud mission where the mechanics are such that you have to have more than 2 to flip the appropriate missions? Will those be made soloable?

WE have been told that all heroic 4 missions are being remade/rebalanced into heroic 2+. What that means for the heroics where the headcount enforcement is mechanical, we don't know.

So i subbed today after like a year away, is this XP boost change currently live? there are no purple triangle quest marks anywhere and nothing is moving faster, help plz

12x XP is live for subscribers, on class missions only. The rest of the 4.0 changes are not live, yet. Next week

I liked the 12x boost for subscribers, it let me get to decent levels quickly, and felt pretty good overall. I'm a little disappointed they're taking it out, but so be it. Perhaps the changes they're making will be good regardless.

yeah they need to give subscribers the ability to unlock that in Legacy permanently, but make it conditional - if the player goes F2P the unlock is locked again until they re-subscribe.