Gimmick spammers I hate you.

Comfterbilly

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, the concept of "skill-based competitive PvP" to those people, is simply; "a fight/game which makes me the winner, where none of the enemies can stun or mez me, none of them outgear me, none of them can exploit any terrain features, none of them use damage so high that hurt me, none of them can heal themselves to withstand my attacks, none of them use classes that seems stronger than mine, none of them use team composition that I hate."

Pretty much this ^

All of the QQers that post on these boards have one thing in common: they confuse PvP with PvE.

A rival player isn't going to stand there and just let you tank them. Let's face it, that's what NPCs do. Yeah, a few of the elites have knockbacks and heals, and the higher level stuff has some basic mechanics. But for the most part, any class in the game can faceroll through PvE content. It just seems that these whiners expect the same in PvP.

They don't want to move around or attempt to use any kind of strategy. They don't want to try and learn about their own class strengths and weaknesses, much less their opponent's. They just want to stand in one spot, click their mouse at some skills, and beat on stuff until it's dead. Anything more than they can handle must be OP, overgeared, or using hacks.

Personally, I wear getting pulled into the fire as a badge of honor. I take it to mean the other team must see me as such a huge threat they need to get me off the board as soon as possible. (Even though, deep down, I know it's not true, but still I tell myself that.) :)

I once got simultaneously pushed and pulled towards two different fire traps. I was in one fire, then the other, then back just about where I started, all within about a half a second. :)

Yes many people from a certian guild on my server do it also quite funny when it fails 90% of the time

It is not guaranteed to work.

Yesterday, I saw a vanguard jump into the acid pool, ready to pull our ball carrier. I force choked him and walked away, running after the ball carrier. 3 seconds later as I was running, I got assassin medal. Guess he did not have his hp full.

And another time, I was on the ground close to enemy acid trap, but within the LOS of the catwalks. I got pulled into the fire trap in the enemy defense. I hit an off GCD defensive CD in the air and waited shortly expecting his stun. Then I used cc breaker and walked out of fire. In the end, he brought me closer to the score line. (Even though I could not score through the focus fire at the time, but that is another story)

The rage is strong in this one. QQ less, l2p more, the whole spiel there. What class do you even play? That might be worth trolling you over too.

If you are talking to me, I play every class. I favor the fotm classes in pvp because... I want the most performance, im not some RP loyalist, if you nerf my class into the ground i dont QQ, i just reroll. things change ya know :p

Gimmick spam is the refuge of the unskilled ball player.

Gimmick spam is the way to skillfully play huttball. Using your tools to creatively instagib the enemy instead of spamming your rotation is bad how?

It looks like you're just mad you're getting pulled in. Then again, anytime I see an enemy between a fire pit and myself, I check if it's a shadow or a vanguard. I then use Hydraulic Overrides to rofltroll the rofltrollers.

Would you call using HO like that gimmick spam?

If you are talking to me, I play every class. I favor the fotm classes in pvp because... I want the most performance, im not some RP loyalist, if you nerf my class into the ground i dont QQ, i just reroll. things change ya know :p

Whatever floats your boat, bad players are bad, the class doesnt matter.