Worst. Content. Ever!

SirMannii

You just described the vast majority of MMO "adventures."

Strangely, that isn't how Bioware has been with most of their content. They do a great job in FPs and Ops of making them feel like more than just a dungeon crawl. While it may be as good as some MMOs can offer, we know it's not as good as what Bioware can offer.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely, that isn't how Bioware has been with most of their content. They do a great job in FPs and Ops of making them feel like more than just a dungeon crawl. While it may be as good as some MMOs can offer, we know it's not as good as what Bioware can offer.

Might just be spacebar syndrome over here, but aside from Eternity Vault(which for some reason has always seemed really dramatic in a cool way to me), I've never felt the FPs and OPs were particularly distinct from an average dungeon crawl.

Might just be spacebar syndrome over here, but aside from Eternity Vault(which for some reason has always seemed really dramatic in a cool way to me), I've never felt the FPs and OPs were particularly distinct from an average dungeon crawl.

Really?! Soa holds a special place in my heart because the mother cost me more in repair bills and time than ANY boss ever will again in my life...&%#$ YOU SOA!

But since EV...

- TFB, the final phase of the final boss, blew me away the 1st time in - I still love the dynamics of jumping platforms

- Operator X puzzle...sure to wipe EVERY PuG group in HM the 1st time

- NC's mine field...brilliant design! I love that!

- S&V's city phase is awesome imo

- DF's past/future phase

- DP's end bosses

Bioware really has set their own bar quite high in some areas...PvE content is their strongest one imo...which is why I feel the new FP is a bit weak.

Really?! Soa holds a special place in my heart because the mother cost me more in repair bills and time than ANY boss ever will again in my life...&%#$ YOU SOA!

But since EV...

- TFB, the final phase of the final boss, blew me away the 1st time in - I still love the dynamics of jumping platforms

- Operator X puzzle...sure to wipe EVERY PuG group in HM the 1st time

- NC's mine field...brilliant design! I love that!

- S&V's city phase is awesome imo

- DF's past/future phase

- DP's end bosses

Bioware really has set their own bar quite high in some areas...PvE content is their strongest one imo...which is why I feel the new FP is a bit weak.

For some reason, except for TFB's final boss, I don't really feel like the ops experiences are terribly unique. They're mechanically sound and diverse enough, but I didn't find them particularly innovative.

Unfortunately, TFB's final boss is unique for me in a bad way. I hate having to keep track of the platforms. First phase is fine, second phase with all the swirling lights and "jumping" from platform to platform just irritates me.

It's fun how this terrible OP I made created such an discussion about how bad this new Flashpoint is.

If this is what BioWare think is good content then I rather call it until they do what they were good at - Story driven mmorpg.

I. Am. Out. Bye. Bye!

Edited by SirMannii

I actually resubbed for this... Though €11 isn't much for a 60 day gamecard and I'll still play for that time off and on, I am still thoroughly disappointed with this content. It's nothing more then a glorified AoE-fest where people are *already* spacebarring and rushing as fast as they can, pulling multiple groups, etc.

Zero challenge at any level, virtually no story content beyond the bog standard side-mission crap and while it's supposedly content that adds replayability, it fails miserably at that point since it's already become a rush-fest to the end.

It's not like I regret resubbing (since I still have fun in the game now that I've got some time off work), this content is simply not up to par imho.

This is the new, streamlined gameplay, dumbed down for the ADD afflicted generation. You complained dps can not get into FPs, and Bioware gave you this. Next step is tactical ops, where you can play and finish without a group at level 12. Edited by tanerb

This is the new, streamlined gameplay, dumbed down for the ADD afflicted generation. You complained dps can not get into FPs, and Bioware gave you this. Next step is tactical ops, where you can play and finish without a group at level 12.

The sad thing is, some us knew exactly how content that doesn't require a tank or a healer will turn out. You just cannot make content that is challenging without relying on a trinity system because, as I myself pointed out again and again, if you don't NEED a healer to keep people alive and a tank to take the brunt of the damage, the content WILL be trivial no matter how you spin it.

Well, "casuals", here it is. Soloable.

The sad thing is, some us knew exactly how content that doesn't require a tank or a healer will turn out. You just cannot make content that is challenging without relying on a trinity system because, as I myself pointed out again and again, if you don't NEED a healer to keep people alive and a tank to take the brunt of the damage, the content WILL be trivial no matter how you spin it.

Well, "casuals", here it is. Soloable.

Link to Youtube video or it didn't happen. Level 15 solo.

E: Bonus points if you do it in full green gear.

Edited by Halinalle

There's no way they would have scaled the gear and credits to level 55 standards when they have anything from 15+ going in there. They would be getting gear that they can't use forever and getting super rich for their level, both of which I am sure bioware wants to avoid.

It's clear this was meant as another rep grind/reward system which 55s can enjoy and as a quick way to level alts up (especially for dps since the queue times are much quicker). To which they achieved what they desired.

Chill. Out. More. :D

You do realise that there are two different queues for this FP? Levels 15 - 54 and 55 only. So it looks like it should have had separate loot tables, rewards, etc for 55s to make it worthwhile. With the current drops it is nothing but a very short time sink for the majority of players.

Plenty of other flashpoints to go around, just dont queue for it instead of coming here to cry about it.

Personly I dont like PvP and galactic starfighter.. so I queue for neither.. simple as that.

I had just assumed they were going to use this as pve filler content until the next update, doesn't look like that isn't going to work out very well.

Plenty of other flashpoints to go around, just dont queue for it instead of coming here to cry about it.

Personly I dont like PvP and galactic starfighter.. so I queue for neither.. simple as that.

There you go. It isn't that hard. People have the choice.

For 55's the flashpoint isn't good. For anyone under 55 it is a godsend. I support this simply because of that. If you are a raider chances are you aren't doing flashpoints. If you are a fresh 55 chances are you are going to do raiding due to the enormous amounts of 16 man PUG's forming everyday. Flashpoints at 55 are the slowest way to progress your gear and often the most frustratingly boring way.

Nonetheless I support a hard mode version and hope all future flashpoints have role neutrality in story mode and also coming equipped with a hard mode.

I had just assumed they were going to use this as pve filler content until the next update, doesn't look like that isn't going to work out very well.

There are a lot from the guild I am in that are doing it. I can't speak for other people. I could give you because I think it so it must be so facts if you like.:eek:

There are a lot from the guild I am in that are doing it. I can't speak for other people. I could give you because I think it so it must be so facts if you like.:eek:

Don't get me wrong I don't hate it, I just feel like it isn't something that has the lasting power of other TFP/FPs.

Well, since the only FPs I have done are BT and Esseles (sp?), coupled with not having done any Ops, I an uniquely qualified to pass judgment on their quality.

Well, since the only FPs I have done are BT and Esseles (sp?), coupled with not having done any Ops, I an uniquely qualified to pass judgment on their quality.

....really?! No wonder ur so moody bran (that's a joke!!!), you haven't done the best content in the game! Roll a toon on Pot5, I will personally take you through the group content.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate it, I just feel like it isn't something that has the lasting power of other TFP/FPs.

I understand that. I not into FPs myself. I basically do the ones when you hit fleet and that is pretty much it. Someone needs help in my guild ok. To me it is good for leveling and people who have limited time. I have enough with other parts of the game that I won't do it often.