Whats with the splash screen after alt tabbing back in?

Zuldrin

So I'm not sure if this has been posted before (even if it has I couldn't search for it anyways). So what's the deal with the loading/splash screen when you alt tab back into the game while in full screen mode? I know I could play in Windowed mode to work around this but I have never really seen any game do this before.

I have the same issue, i think it has something to do with the way the game sends info to your graphics card, when your alt tabbed its not the active program so less info, come back and it essentially has to reload. Its annoying but now I have my second computer setup with Synergy running so I just flip my keyboard/mouse to it when I look things up while playing.

If you change your settings to Full screen (windowed), you can alt tab without the splash screen popping up.

I use 2 monitors anyway, but this is the only way I found that got rid of the darn thing.

Edited by Mestok

If you change your settings to Full screen (windowed ), you can alt tab without the splash screen popping up.

I use 2 monitors anyway, but this is the only way I found that got rid of the darn thing.

Yesterday I was getting the splash screen while in Fullscreen Windowed mode.

I have the same issue, i think it has something to do with the way the game sends info to your graphics card, when your alt tabbed its not the active program so less info, come back and it essentially has to reload. Its annoying but now I have my second computer setup with Synergy running so I just flip my keyboard/mouse to it when I look things up while playing.

What does this Syngergy program do? The reason that splash screen annoys me so much is because I have dual monitors and I want to browse on my 2nd monitor easily.

Edited by Zuldrin

From my beta experience:

Near end of beta once alt tabbing into the game evreything would sorta visiualize and you wouldnt be able to move or anything so pretty much the spalsh screen takes away that and just replaces it with the screen until the game has had time to load everything back in, its strange but yea. Although at one point earlier in the beta i could pretty much alt tab in and out no problem no loading or anything its just near end of beta were that became an issue. Though i dont have the best memory if i recall thats sorta how it went (dont hold me to it lol just saying what i somewhat recall).

From my beta experience:

Near end of beta once alt tabbing into the game evreything would sorta visiualize and you wouldnt be able to move or anything so pretty much the spalsh screen takes away that and just replaces it with the screen until the game has had time to load everything back in, its strange but yea. Although at one point earlier in the beta i could pretty much alt tab in and out no problem no loading or anything its just near end of beta were that became an issue. Though i dont have the best memory if i recall thats sorta how it went (dont hold me to it lol just saying what i somewhat recall).

That is my experience also. The last beta weekend it was changed to a splash scree, the thanksgiving beta and before, you had to watch all the game world load back in and you couldn't move. They have replaced that with this tidy loading screen!

But I hate it, why can't it load straight back in like other games do....

Back in beta, if you alt-tabbed back into the game, most times you had to wait for the world to re-render. It looked pretty ugly as it did so. My assumption is that the splash screen was added to make it look nicer while the world was re-rendering in the background.