Not his real name? (SPOILERS)

eriksarcasm

I'm torn, really, I don't mind being the white knight now and then but, yep, I'm torn. Ford who at the making and release of SW was an actor who really hadn't made it. Sure he did his part in American Graffiti. But is Han Solo a great character in SW thanks to Ford or does Ford become the great actor thanks to the role of Han Solo!?

Han Solo a character Ford himself have declared being finished with, so one can put it like this; that Disney continues to demise a character in SW that George Lucas himself belittled by NOT making Han shoot first.

Yep, I would agree that Disney continues Lucas work by keep stealing Han Solo away from the Fans.

EDIT; But Done!? No Way;)

Edited by t-darko

I'm torn, really, I don't mind being the white knight now and then but, yep, I'm torn. Ford who at the making and release of SW was an actor who really hadn't made it. Sure he did his part in American Graffiti. But is Han Solo a great character in SW thanks to Ford or does Ford become the great actor thanks to the role of Han Solo!?

Han Solo a character Ford himself have declared being finished with, so one can put it like this; that Disney continues to demise a character in SW that George Lucas himself belittled by NOT making Han shoot first.

Yep, I would agree that Disney continues Lucas work by keep stealing Han Solo away from the Fans.

EDIT; But Done!? No Way;)

Another point i want to add to that persons point is?

Ford was like 28yo at the time of filming SW. This new Guy playing Han Solo he looks to be 25 or 26yo, other wise HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE FORD back then and there almost same age, hell the new guy could pass for 28 or might be 28.

I thought young Han would be YOUNG like 12 or 13 his preteen years that would lead him down the wrong path and into the arms of the Space Pirating life at 18yo. Ok with that the person playing him at that age you got 10 years worth, give or take a year or 2, of body and facial changes, so pretty much any young teenager could virtually play an 13, 14, 15 to 18yo Han. But this Guy they have is just to old and he will erase any mark of Harrison Ford's likeness from the iconic Character to the SW movie history.

I for one will skip it. I like Han as he is then and now DEAD. RIP Han Solo

While it turns out "Han" is his actual first name, his birth surname wasn't "Solo". He changed it after getting fed up with all the jokes about his surname being "Jobs".

;)

And, another good part about his story that almost no one knows about - Han was an Imperial at one point in his life. ;)

While it turns out "Han" is his actual first name, his birth surname wasn't "Solo". He changed it after getting fed up with all the jokes about his surname being "Jobs".

;)

Now, you know I can't resist this; Would that statement be based on Legend or Canon . . . ;)

I see nothing wrong with them recasting someone younger.

In fact, I wanted all new actors for Luke, Leia and Han when Force Awakens came out, even though some really wanted the original actors. Sorry, but I read this thread and see "I've known Han as this...for so long"

Know what I knew? I knew the comic art, the book art and Mark and Carrie did not look anything like they've been depicted in the art over these years. Harrison was pretty close, so he wouldn't have been bad, but then he likely said "I'll only come back if you kill me" :p

I see nothing wrong with them recasting someone younger.

In fact, I wanted all new actors for Luke, Leia and Han when Force Awakens came out, even though some really wanted the original actors. Sorry, but I read this thread and see "I've known Han as this...for so long"

Know what I knew? I knew the comic art, the book art and Mark and Carrie did not look anything like they've been depicted in the art over these years. Harrison was pretty close, so he wouldn't have been bad, but then he likely said "I'll only come back if you kill me" :p

Perhaps it means nothing to you cause you grew up in a era with Star Wars comics of them in stead of seeing them the way they should been seen , I and millions of others was watching the FILM AT A DRIVE-IN theater when the movie hit the out door screen back in 1977, i was 7yo, today 47. So Yes for Actors to be alive 40 years later and still can act, HELL yes, we want to see the Original actors revive their Iconic Character rolls. It Meant a lot to the, lets say the ( "Original FANS" ) because seeing the originals brings back special memories of when we saw the first film and its main players for the first time and what was happening in our lives and in the world at that time.

So seeing these same people revive those rolls 40s years later, made us Original Fans Very Happy, at least it did me. And i, for one thanks Disney for getting them back if not just for the one film, but we know now 2 of the originals would Not be back in the next episode. But with the death of Han in Force Awakens, & the real Death of the Dearest Carry Fisher & Ford we know wont be back. Leia will be killed off in the next episode, NO DOUBT? Their time has gone now all accept for Mark Hamilton, and my guess he as Luke, dies in the next one too. Is my guess.

I am sorry if you do not or can not recall special memories to a time and place where you grew up or maybe you're still growing up, i dont know. But dont criticize others for wanting something that reminds them of better times for them.

Just like a Song can take a person way back into their past to a special time and place, so can a movie and its characters and the actors that play them.

Please Take Care & Be Well........

Perhaps it means nothing to you cause you grew up in a era with Star Wars comics of them in stead of seeing them the way they should been seen , I and millions of others was watching the FILM AT A DRIVE-IN theater when the movie hit the out door screen back in 1977, i was 7yo, today 47. So Yes for Actors to be alive 40 years later and still can act, HELL yes, we want to see the Original actors revive their Iconic Character rolls. It Meant a lot to the, lets say the ( "Original FANS" ) because seeing the originals brings back special memories of when we saw the first film and its main players for the first time and what was happening in our lives and in the world at that time.

So seeing these same people revive those rolls 40s years later, made us Original Fans Very Happy, at least it did me. And i, for one thanks Disney for getting them back if not just for the one film, but we know now 2 of the originals would Not be back in the next episode. But with the death of Han in Force Awakens, & the real Death of the Dearest Carry Fisher & Ford we know wont be back. Leia will be killed off in the next episode, NO DOUBT? Their time has gone now all accept for Mark Hamilton, and my guess he as Luke, dies in the next one too. Is my guess.

I am sorry if you do not or can not recall special memories to a time and place where you grew up or maybe you're still growing up, i dont know. But dont criticize others for wanting something that reminds them of better times for them.

Just like a Song can take a person way back into their past to a special time and place, so can a movie and its characters and the actors that play them.

Please Take Care & Be Well........

I was there for RotJ :p I was watching those movies on laser disk and vhs for years before I knew of the comics (which I never read, just saw the covers when buying other comics) or the books (read lots).

So, I don't think it's a matter of me watching them to late :p I just know, I wanted my Luke to look like Luke as I grew up through the ages. I wanted my Leia to look like Leia as I grew up through the ages :p Like I said before though, Han was pretty close. :p

Watching the movies on laserdisc and vhs is nothing compared to seeing on the big screen. And those three actors ARE Luke, Leia and Han, the movies came out first. And I am not sure which comic books you are referring to as most of the ones I have seen with them resemble the actors greatly. As well as most of the cover art for the books.

I was there for RotJ :p I was watching those movies on laser disk and vhs for years before I knew of the comics (which I never read, just saw the covers when buying other comics) or the books (read lots).

So, I don't think it's a matter of me watching them to late :p I just know, I wanted my Luke to look like Luke as I grew up through the ages. I wanted my Leia to look like Leia as I grew up through the ages :p Like I said before though, Han was pretty close. :p

You are not grasping the concept? 1 if it wasn't for George Lucas's Vision of Luke, Leia and Han, you wouldn't have what ever view of them you have. 2. As far as getting the original stars 40 years later to revive those rolls. Again Brings special memories to us back when we were growing up. If they would had use new actors to play those iconic rolls in the new films, it wouldn't mean crap to the original fans and it wouldn't of went over very well and most likely it wouldn't of been the hit it was. Of course some don't think it was a hit at all. But i think it is sad, if one can not recall a pleasant memory or a time and place that brought them pleasure from some kind of modern event to spark such a time in ones life. If you have no memories like that, then you just haven't lived.

I can not think of any special memories i have from watching any thing i have seen on laser disk. i recall watching Terminator on laser disk. Nothing special went on that night, besides a night of getting drunk and stupid, which is a memory i wont to for get. I hope you have special memories like i spoke of of your own one day, then perhaps you'll see my Point of View. Either way, please----------

Take Care & Be Well.......

Meh, the new guy doesn't look so much like Ford that it has me saying "holy cow, that's perfect casting!" and he doesn't look so different that is has me saying "what in the world were they thinking?!" so for me it will come down to how well he can capture the attitude, mannerisms and 'feel' of the character.

I'm far less interested in this than I was in Rogue One or any of the new Episodes to begin with (the only news to really catch my attention was Donald Glover being cast as young Lando, which could be great) but I'm willing to give it, and the new guy, a chance.