Who Thinks a HIGH Production Value trailer come out before this year ends?

Decxswx

The question was whether or not we think a trailer will come out before this year ends. My guess at an answer: No.

Even if they do one to advertise 6.0, I don't think 6.0 will happen until the second half of next year,

On both of those things we are in 100% agreement.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with that is it will reduce the amount of content they can add because they will spend all that money and resources to make a trailer that most people will only watch a few times once the expansion is released.

Budgets Trixxie. The EA marketing budget is separate from the SWTOR development budget. Whatever comes out of the marketing budget has has no effect on the development budget.

EDIT: I see Penny beat me already. Nevermind...

Edited by kodrac

Even if the budgets are different, I don't think that blowing all of it on a big trailer is a good idea. It'd probably be better in the long run to use that money to do less expensive advertising in a more long-term and widespread way, so that the overall internet awareness of the game's existence increases. Most times I've mentioned SWTOR, I've been met with incredulity that the game even still exists- or complete ignorance that it ever existed at all. That's a failure of marketing that I think has undoubtedly done some severe damage to the game.

More people are aware, more people get curious, more people experience the content, more people meet other people, and the community has a basis for growth.

A trailer is fun, but only for a short time, and SWTOR doesn't have the resources to distribute it to as wide an audience as it would need to find.. To say nothing of how game trailers tend to be embellished marketing at best.

Edited by SourOrange

I say nix the trailers if it means that's all we get. They did the right thing with Nathema. No trailer, just teaser pics and we got decent content with it. All of the ones where they released a trailer were lackluster in content. So, unless they can afford both, no to trailers.

• 2 weeks later...

"Due to continuing decline in the market, we will be sunsetting SWTOR in Q4 2019, and we will be reassigning the developing staff to other new and exciting projects."

It's going to be this, there's no way TOR makes to 2020.

people on reddit don't even see Bioware as a whole making it to 2020, predicting a big failure with Anthem.

Anthems conversation system limits to two dialogue choices

[–] ro_musha 29 points 1 day ago

I predict bioware is no more by 2020

[–] Kreliand 4 points 1 day ago

By 2019. Papa EA will do its thing after Anthem crashes and burns.

[–] MrGhost370 5 points 22 hours ago

I think they will keep them around long enough to eek out one more Dragon Age game that will probably be worse than Inquisition and then bye bye Bioware.

New Dragon Age, Mass Effect titles will be heavily influenced by Anthem, says Bioware (vg247.com)

[–] KillerOtter 172 points 8 hours ago

After yesterday's post about Anthem only having two dialogue options, this doesn't inspire confidence

[–] Canid117 147 points 1 day ago

Ewwww. It seems weird their unproven IP would “heavily influence” their established titles.

[–] VarrenOverlord 5 points 9 hours ago

I was neutral about Anthem, because it's not my cup of tea and it's free market so BW/EA are free to do whatever they want. If a return to single-player games was never a plan... well, good luck on their journey then. If they don't want to make compelling offline stories - someone else will.

Edited by Falensawino

people on reddit don't even see Bioware as a whole making it to 2020, predicting a big failure with Anthem.

Anthems conversation system limits to two dialogue choices

New Dragon Age, Mass Effect titles will be heavily influenced by Anthem, says Bioware (vg247.com)

At this point I don't see EA making it that much longer. Anthem is going to be the biggest bomb in gaming history and we're already seeing BFV bombing big time. At this point I get the feeling EA will dump everything and just do Madden and FIFA and even then I wonder how long it will be until they lose those and we see the return of other sports games.