Foundry solo mode -- HK47 one shotting

AnisaBadgett

Not a new player but not sure where else to go. The Dulfy guides for the Foundry both seem to be written for group play.

I've got my L50 Juggernaut DPS with a L20 companion and of course Godbot. When I get to the fight with HK-47, I can get through the first round with him and the adds, but then he takes out Godbot, then my comp (have tried comp on tank and then on heals) and then me.

[Toon is geared in mostly blues and some crafted purples but well above L39, the level of the FP. But since it's a case of being oneshot, and Godbot is going down, too, I didn't think gear was the issue.]

Is there some way to get through this without a sorc bubble? Is it glitched and should I (ugh major eyeroll) reset and start all over again (ugh major eyeroll)?

Edited by AnisaBadgett

Strange. I did it last night, and had no problems at all. I was somewhere in the 50s, Talos was at lvl 30, that's the only thing. I mostly left the adds to the Jesus Droid and Talos, while I concentrated on HK, and I was as quick as I could on the cage mechanics.

He will indeed do major damage if you are too slow opening his cage.

B

Edited by Berntk

The mechanic with HK is that, if the tank with aggro is within melee range of him, he will stick to melee attacks. As soon as the tank gets outside melee range, he will switch to ranged and start spamming Snipe, which is what sounds like is happening to you because that will usually 1- or 2-shot kill you.

I had a similar experience a few days ago (comp and I dying to one-shot attacks) until I remembered the proximity mechanic, and then had very little trouble with him. However, as you are a DPS Jugg if you cannot maintain aggro on yourself versus the bot and your companion, you may find it easier (a) without the bot, and (b) respeccing to tank and using the threat generators you get with the Immortal spec to maintain aggro, while keeping your comp in their heal stance.

I did it a few days ago and had no problems at all as well :3 strange. I was using Kalyio and she was on heal and is at lvl. 20 influence. Try using the highest influence companion and have them on heal not tank and not damage. Also try to eliminate all the droids he summons as soon as they appear and also when he cages himself try to break the cage's locks as fast as you can. I had Kalyio and that bot you get and none of them died nor me. Also there are kolto tanks around the place try to use them as much as you can when you feel your comp is low or you are low on health it helps a lot, but at the same time don't wait untill your too low. Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...
People actually have problems with this raid? I soled the Foundry last night, first time in under 1 hr 20 mins. All mobs and mini bosses. At lvl 35. HK is a walk in the park, and Revan? I pretty much sleep walked through it. As my Warrior so often says "I didn't even break a sweat"

Actually, the way the Godbot works is that he'll always try to out-threat you, I believe. At least, that's what I noticed, that it'll always try to get aggro on whatever you're attacking.

I ran Foundry myself a couple of days ago on a DPS Jugg, lvl 38 at the time. My companion was the ship droid at influence 1.

To cheese that mechanic in particular I just went in melee range to HK and taunted him, while using Enraged Defence to stay up. It took less than 15 secs for the Godbot to taunt off me and stick to melee range from HK. I don't know, maybe it will work for you too. ;)

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Problem solved: I wasn't aware of the things you need to click on the corners of the shell when HK is inside it. I didn't recall doing that when I ran through this two years ago. I glanced through the Dulfy guide and must have missed it.
  • Like 1

People actually have problems with this raid? I soled the Foundry last night, first time in under 1 hr 20 mins. All mobs and mini bosses. At lvl 35. HK is a walk in the park, and Revan? I pretty much sleep walked through it. As my Warrior so often says "I didn't even break a sweat"

Well aren't you just a special snowflake!

The definition of one-shotting entails that your level probably won't matter. As stated below, was a missed mechanic on my part which I am humbled to admit to as my fault in so great a presence.

Hot tip: Don't be a braggart on the New Player board. Isn't that what General Discussion is for?

Edited by AnisaBadgett

I just recently did the Foundry on an Imp DvL character.

I was level 34 with level 28 blue mods. I was having some difficulty with HK-47 - died twice - so I went to my Stronghold to equip the level 34 mods I had just crafted. After that, it went without a hitch. So mod level may actually have some effect.

P.S. I was a Sith Warrior, melee, so maybe Snipe wasn't a problem. I don't know, it's all a blur.

Hot tip: Don't be a braggart on the New Player board. Isn't that what General Discussion is for?

No, General Discussion is for whining and threatening to quit. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

I just recently did the Foundry on an Imp DvL character. (I'd never done Foundry as an Imp before and I wasn't aware it was different than the Republic version.)

I was level 34 with level 28 blue mods. I was having some difficulty with HK-47 - died twice - so I went to my Stronghold to equip the level 34 mods I had just crafted. After that, it went without a hitch. So mod level may actually have some effect.

P.S. I was a Sith Warrior, melee, so maybe Snipe wasn't a problem. I don't know, it's all a blur.

I did it on a Juggernaut dps near L50, so same here. On one pass, I burned HK down to 7%; on another, I barely got to 80% iirc. But seriously, if you get the mechanic right -- click all 4 corner buttons before it opens again -- it won't be a problem.

No, General Discussion is for whining and threatening to quit. :)

True, that is its first and most noble raison d'etre.

Problem solved: I wasn't aware of the things you need to click on the corners of the shell when HK is inside it. I didn't recall doing that when I ran through this two years ago. I glanced through the Dulfy guide and must have missed it.

Yeah, that's very important part to know about this fight. You always want to destroy all four panels as fast as possible to avoid HK's enrage. Because it's exactly that: enrage.

Reason why you don't remember it was because it used to be HM only mechanic. Tactical version have now exactly same mechanics HM versions have.

Edited by Halinalle

• 1 year later...

Exactly how FAST do you have to deactivate these panels?

I got them pretty quick, or at least I thought I was quick last time I did this.

The odd part is, he didn't start killing us at this point, it was another round or 2 of droids that spawn in the corners before I realized he was killing my party. He just stays in the middle and kills us all. Is there an indication of when this happens? Will this "rage" ware off?

I'm level 42, reduced to 39 and I didn't expect this much trouble. His fragmentation grenade killed me twice for like 3500-ish damage. That's crazy!!!