50 million credit outer space dollhouse and other interesting anomalies

TizonaDelCid

Prophecy of the Five PVP server (to set the precedent)

Guild Flagship : $50 million credits.

Actual Uses : 5% buff to Damage/Healing/Survivability/Hit Points, Group "Summon" (which of course works best when you're on the same planet already)

Enter the villain... SWTOR:KotFE and its little buddy... PLANETARY SCALING.

Planetary Scaling renders the flagship buff useless. There is no difference in stats between planetary buffed toon and someone who is not. $50 million pretty much half down the drain, not to mention any time you have given a planet Orbital Support since the patch... that's $50k a pop as well.. (make all the cheapskate comments you want, it's the principle)

Albeit the summon still works, but the entire reason for getting this ship is the mechanics it provides, and half of which no longer works.

so far, the response to this has literally been "oh well..."

Another friend that joined us is the Heroic mission quick travel. This essentially makes mounts and planets pretty much irrelevant and just another piece of superfluous graphic. Mounts used to be necessary to get you around planets, but with this new QT for heroics, once you've done your story there is no reason to travel anywhere on planets.

This obvious world pvp wrecker reminds me of this automatic access to every taxi on the planets. ...why do that?

What exactly is wrong with having to run around and discover stuff on planets? What's wrong with running in to someone who wants to beat you up? (It still baffles me that someone on a PVP server would use /say to tell you "if you want combat queue for warzones" when you engage them out in open world areas)

There is literally no reason to go anywhere but Fleet or your own personal stronghold or ship. You can leave the starter planets and level to 65 skipping all the story by doing flashpoints and warzones... or you can blindly wander through the story pretty much upgrading your gear twice from 1 to 65 due to the scaling you receive most of the time.

I also noticed that for some reason, gear isn't taking much damage anymore either.. so I reckon there is no reason to be careful doing anything.

Was this simply a response to the PVE people crying about being jumped all the time?

Is anyone aware they put an invisible wall at the Lower Industrial taxi stand on Nar Shaddaa? that's the only one I've found you can't jump on anymore... and I know the only reason it's there is some of you complained and filed tickets against my characters and guild for trashing that place all the time.

It doesn't make sense to offer a PVP server and then do everything you can to prevent it from happening unless offering a PVP server is something you regret...

makes no difference, we'll always find a way to beat up carebears.

When flagships came out there was a huge outcry because they were so expensive. I didn't care for the pricing much, but at the same time credits did become more easy to get and I think most guilds have a guild ship now. So oh well, it's something you can work towards as a guild to unlock the rooms and decorate them in your guild's style.

That concept is also an actual use...to give your guild a common goal to work towards.

The other thing is that it's a convenience factor as well, just like strongholds. However, not everyone enjoys decorating and so everybody in our guild can have the utilities available without needing to open their own strongholds.

Also, it's part of the fleet chat, so it's the one place where you can have access to your legacy bank etc, hang out with guildies and keep in touch with the LFG/LFM chat of the fleet.

That last bit is the most important thing for me about a guild ship. The bonus you speak of totally is irrelevant to me.

Hijack!

What is this carebear you speak of?

Now that is a term I haven't heard in a while. Like weaksauce, lamer, nugget, man there are a lot of terms for those not PvP inclined.

Open world PvP will never work until they go all the way, every man for himself and friendly fire. Now that is a server I would jump on.

Is this true? Orbital Support no longer works? I haven't even bothered to check, but have been taking out 50k from GB funds almost every day for our Guild members since 4.0 came out.

If this is true? Should we start writing tickets to customer service for some kind of re-compensation? I'm still in disbelief. This just can't be true. They even lowered the price to 50k, meaning it should still work, or else they would have just turned that option off.

Prophecy of the Five PVP server (to set the precedent)

Actual Uses : 5% buff to Damage/Healing/Survivability/Hit Points, Group "Summon" (which of course works best when you're on the same planet already)

Pretty sure you need a FS to "invade" a planet.

/thread

Hijack!

Now that is a term I haven't heard in a while. Like weaksauce, lamer, nugget, man there are a lot of terms for those not PvP inclined.

In other forums, a "carebear" is someone who loves helping Newbies, explain things to them, etc. - so, from this perspective, people who use this term as an insult don't want Newbies to get any tips & tricks ...

In other forums, a "carebear" is someone who loves helping Newbies, explain things to them, etc. - so, from this perspective, people who use this term as an insult don't want Newbies to get any tips & tricks ...

Now that is interesting! I have never heard it used in that context.

CAREBEARS UNITE!!

Lacks a certain something as a battlecry though. Also I don't see Putin adopting a picture of one as a symbol for Russia any time soon.

basicly a carebear is someone who belives you should be a decent human being to other players, instead of spawn camping them.

as for guild ships, the tiny little buff they give you on one planet is hardly worth it anyway, if that was your only reason for buying it well.. a fool and his money.

also maybe you should go to on level worlds, instead of hanging out on tatooine on 65s waiting to kill levelers?

Edited by BrianDavion

If going by that definition, I am the BIGGEST carebear that has ever lived then. My guild that I founded is all about going to other planets helping newcomers, giving away things and credits, helping them along the way, so they feel comfortable in the game. We go around helping people and having doing it. That's my life inside this game most of the time every single day. Helping other people and I'm very efficient at it. Love doing it.

Edited by Sarfux

Why wouldn't it worked when level synced? Why would this be different than applying any other boost?

Because Level Sync works by simply hard capping your various stats, while the Flagship bonus works by buffing your various stats. But since the buff can't exceed the hard cap, if your Endurance or Mastery or the like is already above the cap before you were synced, the bonus won't provide any benefit.

Wait, does trying to explain the issue make me a carebear, too?

Edited by JLazarillo

Basically, you are complaining about the imaginary cost, in imaginary credits, of an imaginary item, in an imaginary game. :)

It's like complaining "I spent $2000 on a Hotel on Park Place, but nobody landed on it!" :D

Most Guilds buy a flagship for the "wow" factor, not just the 5% bonus, etc. It's sort of like spending 1 million credits on the GTN for a piece of armor that's no better than any other orange armor, stats-wise. It's the bling, not the stats.

Edited by JediQuaker

Another friend that joined us is the Heroic mission quick travel. This essentially makes mounts and planets pretty much irrelevant and just another piece of superfluous graphic. Mounts used to be necessary to get you around planets, but with this new QT for heroics, once you've done your story there is no reason to travel anywhere on planets.

This obvious world pvp wrecker reminds me of this automatic access to every taxi on the planets. ...why do that?

Well if you look at it another way, every Tuesday on the weekly reset you get to camp in one spot to kill other players now, after you have used that handy teleport other players are also going to be using :D

Basically, you are complaining about the imaginary cost, in imaginary credits, of an imaginary item, in an imaginary game. :)

It's like complaining "I spent $2000 on a Hotel on Park Place, but nobody landed on it!" :D

Most Guilds buy a flagship for the "wow" factor, not just the 5% bonus, etc. It's sort of like spending 1 million credits on the GTN for a piece of armor that's no better than any other orange armor, stats-wise. It's the bling, not the stats.

Imaginary cost? Not always. Some people that work for a living and have money buy cartel coins... They sell the items for in game currency and turn around and buy things that benefit others! Yes it's their choice, not yours. It doesn't make them stupid.

I bought 10 dye packs with "non-imaginary" currency and gave them all away to other players as gifts. I enjoyed it.

The problem with the Cartel market is Bioware offers players items to buy with real money, then deletes or removes the value. For folks that work for that money, that hurts. So, we stop buying cartel coins, and those players that don't buy coins get much higher prices on the GTN for that special armor, if the armor is there at all. I understand this is getting off track from the thread but it seems your comment is a bit callous.

Edited by Zerileth

The problem with the Cartel market is Bioware offers players items to buy with real money, then deletes or removes the value. For folks that work for that money, that hurts.

I find it hard to be sympathetic with the idea of someone spending real-world dollars to obtain a guild flagship for the express purpose of minor bonuses on low-level planets.

basicly a carebear is someone who belives you should be a decent human being to other players, instead of spawn camping them.

I'm seriously considering of putting this in my signature.

How about the very real time and effort that goes into earning those credits and rewards to have a more fulfilling game? Something tells me that you don't have a ship so you don't care, but if you lost any functionality of any of your in-game shinies you'd be on here stamping your feet and threatening to unsub.

I find it hard to be sympathetic with the idea of someone spending real-world dollars to obtain a guild flagship for the express purpose of minor bonuses on low-level planets.

Nobody made that blanket statement. You just did to support your argument. I never said the whole flagship was purchased with rl dollars. I doubt you'll return, but can I ask you a question? Have you never bought anything from the Cartel market with coin bought from real world dollars? 1 little dye pack? Nothing? :)

Nobody made that blanket statement. You just did to support your argument. I never said the whole flagship was purchased with rl dollars.

Except for the fact that the premise of this thread is the 50 million credit waste, as the bonuses are rendered useless by planetary scaling.

You did read the OP, right?

Were you trying to steer the thread off-topic? Did your complaint about real money have nothing to do with the OP?

I doubt you'll return, but can I ask you a question? Have you never bought anything from the Cartel market with coin bought from real world dollars? 1 little dye pack? Nothing? :)

I have, as a matter of fact, spent real-world money to obtain Cartel Coins. Why?

Edited by Khevar

Um...I think it is a real game. So, it is real money within the game structure. Now while I cannot use it to buy some coffee at my local coffee house, neither can I use any non US currency.

Now considering that in game at least, the money has value. So should the items purchased with it.

However as it is a game AND an MMO, better yet Bioware, er EA. One should come to expect these things.

Hijack!

Open world PvP will never work until they go all the way, every man for himself and friendly fire. Now that is a server I would jump on.

a "carebear" is a term I picked up from Eve Online... people who do NOT do PVP at all.

"in other forums..." does not apply to this post. "carebear" is someone who only does PVE.

I'm going to use my imagination and pretend you didn't try and troll this post with the "It's the bling, not the stats" ..thanks for the derailing.

and I do appreciate those who completely understand what I'm getting at here...

I didn't even bring up the 1.5+ million for each armoring and barrel I spent on my HK-51 ...not to mention the RANKED mods enhancements he had... all to be squished into "valuable droid parts" that I sold for a whopping $125k

9 x 1.5 million = $125k? no.