Theory on the Emperor's Fate [SPOILERS]

Beniboybling

Minor SW and Makeb spoilers and major JK spoilers up ahead.

In the wake of the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion, in which both Darth Marr and Satele Shan confirmed the Sith Emperor’s death, I thought I’d put forward a theory I put together on the Emperor’s fate after the events of Act 3. As you may already know, the Hero of Tython defeated an Emperor within the depths of the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas. But was it the true Emperor, or a Voice? Or something else entirely? Here’s my theory on the matter, supporting the belief that the true Emperor is dead.

1 – Clothing. There is a distinct difference between what the 'Emperor' (by this I mean the being fought at the Dark Temple) wears and what the known/confirmed Voices wear. The Voss Voice wears [white] robes, whereas the 'Emperor' wears distinctive black robes, the same as the Emperor wore in Revan. Yes I hear you saying he's wearing the robes of a Voss mystic, but consider this - the Voss has been possessed for a decade, giving him ample time to change to the distinctive black. And for all those of you who have read the webcomic – Blood of the Empire – you'll be aware that the current Voice at that time also wears white. Coincidence? Perhaps. But there are only two paths we can take here, either it’s a coincidence or it’s not. If it’s a coincidence it doesn't matter, the fact remains that the Voice wears robes differing from the black robes worn by true Emperor. And if it is not, then white is the distinctive colour of the Voice. In both scenarios we can feasibly assume that the being met at the Dark Temple was in fact the Emperor - dressed in the same iconic robes he wore when confronted by Revan.

2 – Appearance. Concerning the Voss and Human Voice from Blood of the Empire, they show little/no sign of dark side corruption. The Voss mystic is perfectly unaffected, and looks exactly the same as a normal Voss. And the Human Voice, while having yellow eyes (which is irrelevant seeing as Voss have no pupils so no comparison can be made), also shows no sign of dark side corruption. His skin is unblemished and in fact looks quite young. So we can assume that when a vessel is possessed by the Emperor, the vessel is not visibly corrupted. And yet, the being that the Hero of Tython confronts in the Dark Temple - despite only being a Voice for what? A couple of months? – displays extreme dark side corruption. Red eyes, pale wrinkled skin, purple veins – the full package. The most logical explanation is that he is the Emperor himself – displaying similar levels of dark side corruption as he did in when confronted by Revan.

3 – Death. In the SW storyline, the Emperor, through his Voice, demands the Wrath kills him - so that he can escape his trapped body. This seems to have little/no impact on the Emperor. The body dies (it doesn't even disappear like it does in Dark Temple) and the Emperor accepts the Voice's death, and goes on with his life. And yet when the so called 'Voice' is killed by the Hero of Tython, the body is destroyed, the Emperor is enraged, supposedly 'recuperating', and the Empire falls into disarray believing their leader to be dead. This is likely because he is dead; the only logical explanation is that the Emperor was killed in the Dark Temple by the Hero of Tython.

4 – The Children. The Children of the Emperor are a group of individuals who have a unique connection with the Emperor’s mind. After the Emperor’s ‘death’ the remaining Children began to hear the Emperor’s voice in their minds louder than ever – jibbering and incoherent. This would seem to suggest that the Emperor is indeed dead with his Force ghost in limbo between reality and Chaos (the Sith Netherworld of the Force), struggling to escape and latching onto to the few remaining connections he has to life.

(A final additional point. The Voss Voice met by the Wrath is labelled 'The Voice of the Emperor' - whereas the 'Voice' faced in the Dark Temple was called 'The Emperor'. Not exactly hard evidence but only adds to the distinction.)

Problems

But this creates a few problems, which must be met and resolved. Firstly it contradicts what the Wrath was told by the Hands, who said it was the Voice of the Emperor that was killed, not the Emperor. However it’s highly possible that they lied. I mean, let’s say I'm right and the Hand told the Wrath the truth – the conversation would go something like this: "Hey Wrath, err... you know the Emperor? You know, our leader? Yeah... well... small problem. He's err, he's dead basically. So... we kind of don't have a leader anymore. But don't worry! It’s all under control. You just, just keep smashing the Republic. I mean, you’re not really the Emperor's Wrath anymore... but err, just... keep at it! Ok, err bye. And long live the... oh wait..." As you can see not only would it be awkward, but they also can't trust the Emperor's Wrath. They have no reason to, after all the previous Wrath has already betrayed them; they’re not going to trust another so easily. The most likely explanation is that it’s all an elaborate ruse, if the entire Empire found out, it would collapse, even mere rumours have begun to cause fractures. They have to keep it a secret, and the best way to do this is create a false rumour to explain his disappearance.

The second problem is that everything seems to point the Emperor's survival, and some sort of 'essence transfer'. But the Emperor can still be dead, however only his body. It’s possible that he still exists in some sort of spiritual form, hence how he collapsed the Dark Temple chamber, and how the Children can still hear him.

What’s more, in an interview with the Lead Writer, Hall Hood (who also wrote the JK storyline) – he says this: "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.”

But like I said, he goes on to say, or at least hints, that the Emperor lives on in some sort of spiritual form. And hints that he may return. He also mentions something else interesting; he implies that this isn't the first time the Emperor's body has died. So perhaps whilst being the Emperor, it was the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th incarnation of him. Hence him not being Sith or some sort of hybrid like he is presented in Revan. Personally, I’d like to see the Emperor return in another update – the option is has certainly been left open. And Vitiate wouldn't be the first Sith to escape from Chaos.

P.S. If you want to listen to the interview with Hall Hood, the link is here. Skip to 27:00 to hear about the Emperor.

Thoughts?

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of what you are thinking, after playing the JK story came away from Voss thinking that Sel Makor had taught the Emperor how to become a living mass of energy within the Force much like Sel Makor is. So when the knight kills what I believed to be the Emperor's real body (the Revan Novel be dammed) the disappearance of his body was him transforming in to such a mass of energy. Thus paving the way for the hand to tell the SW that the Emperor is alive and in a new voice recovering. This also means a sacrifice of the Knight or the Consular will be necessary to destroy the Emperor for good.

The biggest issue for me is the species.

Remember when we met the Emperor at the Act 2 finale he had a mask on? I'd bet the farm he was Pureblood underneath that mask.

The npc we kill at the end of Act 3 is a human, Dark V but still human. So basically... the species is wrong.

Remember when we met the Emperor at the Act 2 finale he had a mask on? I'd bet the farm he was Pureblood underneath that mask.

The npc we kill at the end of Act 3 is a human, Dark V but still human. So basically... the species is wrong.

Vitiate originaly is knowned to be sith pure blood yeah.

Emperor's Warth: "I've heard the words of the Emperor's Hand. Our master is defeated in body, but not in spirit. Beware of defiance."

Darth Marr: "If he is not dead then he is in no condition to rule. At least for the moment."

He's not dead, but the ability for him to communicate with the known galaxy has been severed thanks to the efforts of the Jedi Knight. The things the Emperor says to the Knight, "If I must die, everything dies with me." Is simply to give the Republic the idea that he is dead. And really when the Knight resists the Emperor's mind control that not even Revan could break must have seriously put him on edge. I imagine once he returns the entire galaxy will make poodoo in their pants.

Vitiate originaly is knowned to be sith pure blood yeah.

This is why I said the novel be dammed, Nowhere in the game's cannon does anyone or any entry that I have come across say anything thing about Vitiate being a Sith pure blood. Bioware probably paid no attention to the EU cannon established race for him thus allowing them room to have the Knight kill the emperor's real body and yet have him survive as a energy mass ala Sel Makor and only be out of commission for a period of time while gaining control of that form.

This is why I said the novel be dammed, Nowhere in the game's cannon does anyone or any entry that I have come across say anything thing about Vitiate being a Sith pure blood. Bioware probably paid no attention to the EU cannon established race for him thus allowing them room to have the Knight kill the emperor's real body and yet have him survive as a energy mass ala Sel Makor and only be out of commission for a period of time while gaining control of that form.

a) Bioware worked with Lucasarts to make the novels and game coincide

b) Drew Karpyshyn wrote both the novel and portions of the Knight's story, so they did know

This is why I said the novel be dammed, Nowhere in the game's cannon does anyone or any entry that I have come across say anything thing about Vitiate being a Sith pure blood.

Does it say otherwise ? If not, this isn't proof of anything.

I agree with most of what you are thinking, after playing the JK story came away from Voss thinking that Sel Makor had taught the Emperor how to become a living mass of energy within the Force much like Sel Makor is. So when the knight kills what I believed to be the Emperor's real body (the Revan Novel be dammed) the disappearance of his body was him transforming in to such a mass of energy. Thus paving the way for the hand to tell the SW that the Emperor is alive and in a new voice recovering. This also means a sacrifice of the Knight or the Consular will be necessary to destroy the Emperor for good.
Really? Interesting I have not played the JK storyline as was not aware of that. This may very well be the case and explain he continual presence, whereas even a Sith Lord like Sidious couldn't remain in contact with the physical world after his 'death'.

Well like I explained, it is more the possible that the Emperor we see is a second incarnation, and that the Emperor may have died before - as hinted by Hall Hood. This would explain his race. However I must admit I also thought that the mask might be to hide his hybrid pure blood appearance, which, simply put, is beyond the capabilities of whatever skin set they are using in this game. Drew gave him a very complex, ambiguous appearance which is difficult to visualize. But still, it may have been to keep us guessing, and they do where the same robes which would suggest they are the same person...

Thanks for your responses everyone!

Actually, the novel says that Vitiate was born to a Sith father and human mother. Also, after the ritual that gave him his near-immortality, it says he became something else, a race all unto its own.

The Sith Warrior story says he is still alive. When I talked to Marr on Makab, he doesn't say the Emperor is dead, he says he is unsure of his fate, but rumors of his absence have made the Republic bold.

I would need to see a video of him saying the Emperor is dead, because your game would be different than mine.

I belive you're reading too much into the whole thing...

The Emperor, as mentioned previously by the Hand, suffered an unpredictable and almost deadly blow at the hands of the Jedi Knight; Thus, he is now weakened, kept somewhere safe from prying eyes and left to rest.

Also, the reason the JK storyline says and / or implies one thing and the SW another, though not contradicting each other, is both to complement and not to reveal too much outside both storylines. For example...

- If you don't play the JK storyline, you wouldn't know there was an Emperor's Wrath before the Sith Warrior.

- If you don't play the SW storyline, you wouldn't know that the Emperor had been using a Voss body, while exploring Voss and trying to unlock some untapped power that resides there.

- If you don't play both the JK and the SW storyline, you wouldn't know that Sel-Makor made a deal - most likely - with Darth Baras, in order to trap and / or provide a body to Sel-Makor himself, so he could have a vessel to leave the Nightmare Lands to fully infect all life on Voss or perhaps, take over the Galaxy and beyond. In this particular case, you'd need to play both storylines to connect the dots together.

Again, reading too much into this...

I belive you're reading too much into the whole thing...
While I understand what your saying ultimately my conclusion is a very simple one. The Hero of Tython killed the Emperor, the Emperor is dead.

My arguments may seem a little complex, but that's just me trying to justify my point. However I cannot accept to the alternative because I feel it raises too many questions and becomes too complex as a result.

For example:

• Where is the Emperor getting these voices from?
  • Where is the Emperor's true body being held? (Can't be his fortress which has been destroyed, and Dromund Kaas is insecure.) Deep space? Another galaxy?!
  • Why did it have such a massive effect on him?
  • Why hasn't anyone else be told?
  • Is the Emperor in the space fortress the same as the one in the Dark Temple, if not, why do they were they same robes?
  • Was the Emperor trying to trick the Knight?
  • How come Scourge, the Emperor's Wrath, didn't realise this?
  • Why is the Emperor so super corrupted?
  • Why is it taking him so long to recuperate?

And I can likely think of more, all these questions are answered however by saying: the Emperor is dead. Which raises far fewer questions.

For example:

• Where is the Emperor getting these voices from?
  • Where is the Emperor's true body being held? (Can't be his fortress which has been destroyed, and Dromund Kaas is insecure.) Deep space? Another galaxy?!
  • Why did it have such a massive effect on him?
  • Why hasn't anyone else be told?
  • Is the Emperor in the space fortress the same as the one in the Dark Temple, if not, why do they were they same robes?
  • Was the Emperor trying to trick the Knight?
  • How come Scourge, the Emperor's Wrath, didn't realise this?
  • Why is the Emperor so super corrupted?
  • Why is it taking him so long to recuperate?

And I can likely think of more, all these questions are answered however by saying: the Emperor is dead. Which raises far fewer questions.[/color]

1 ) You mean his vessels? Probably from the Hand or other Sith Lords, like Baras?

2 ) Not really that relevant truth be told. If you want to assume that the Emperor's Hand is lying, then we'll have to start doubting every single storyline in the game, when there are aspects we disagree on.

3 ) E-mail from the Emperor's Hand to the Emperor's Wrath.

4 ) The Wrath was told last time I checked. Not the precise location but he was told the Emperor was regaining his strength.

5 ) Nothing would imply otherwise. You should also take into account the engine's technology, since last time I checked, the game doesn't allow the use of masks with some robes.

6 ) He tried early on to did to him what he did to Revan IMO, most likely having in as a link to the light side of the force, in order to have visions and such. He failed and since everyone he sent to deal with him failed as well, he felt the need to solve the issue once and for all.

7 ) He did detect. He said that he could sense the Emperor fading but that he wasn't gone yet. Plus, at the celebration, he says he'll stay with the Knight until he is 100% sure his old Master was destroyed.

8 ) It has been explained both in the Revan novel and in the game. Plus, I wouldn't call him corrupted, since unlike many characters in the game, the dude didn't babble a single time about the aspects of light and dark.

9 ) Pretty sure that will be revealed eventually. There's a point to the whole thing, just like there was having the Republic and Empire pouring time, lives and resources, into a petty conflict he cared little about per se.

And no, the Emperor is not dead, since that would contradict what the game has told us and if you contradict that, we can as well start contradicting everything.

1 ) You mean his vessels? Probably from the Hand or other Sith Lords, like Baras?

2 ) Not really that relevant truth be told. If you want to assume that the Emperor's Hand is lying, then we'll have to start doubting every single storyline in the game, when there are aspects we disagree on.

3 ) E-mail from the Emperor's Hand to the Emperor's Wrath.

4 ) The Wrath was told last time I checked. Not the precise location but he was told the Emperor was regaining his strength.

5 ) Nothing would imply otherwise. You should also take into account the engine's technology, since last time I checked, the game doesn't allow the use of masks with some robes.

6 ) He tried early on to did to him what he did to Revan IMO, most likely having in as a link to the light side of the force, in order to have visions and such. He failed and since everyone he sent to deal with him failed as well, he felt the need to solve the issue once and for all.

7 ) He did detect. He said that he could sense the Emperor fading but that he wasn't gone yet. Plus, at the celebration, he says he'll stay with the Knight until he is 100% sure his old Master was destroyed.

8 ) It has been explained both in the Revan novel and in the game. Plus, I wouldn't call him corrupted, since unlike many characters in the game, the dude didn't babble a single time about the aspects of light and dark.

9 ) Pretty sure that will be revealed eventually. There's a point to the whole thing, just like there was having the Republic and Empire pouring time, lives and resources, into a petty conflict he cared little about per se.

And no, the Emperor is not dead, since that would contradict what the game has told us and if you contradict that, we can as well start contradicting everything.

1. Possibly. But its another question that has to be answered, given the fact that he managed to get another voice in such a short space of time.

2. This is something of an exaggeration. We only have to doubt what we've been told if others have told us otherwise. Because in this situation someone is not telling the truth.

3. The Hand's tell us it was an unexpected blow. Yet then the writer's have to explain if there is some special ritual needed for the safe transference of the Voice to the body - which further complicates things.

4. Exactly, only the Wrath and not the rest of the Empire? Why not tell the entire Empire since rumors are going around that the Emperor is dead?

5. Nothing. Exactly. And the first Emperor is met on his personal space fortress which has a Gree cloaking device and a Rakatan security grid and power core. It floats above the most secure Sith planet in the galaxy, and nobody is allowed to enter. If this is not where the Emperor's true body is being housed, then I have no idea where. Because you simply can't get any more secure than that. So the Emperor wearing the same clothes in the Dark Temple, which he would have been forced to flee to after his space station was compromised, is likely the real Emperor too.

6. By pretending to be dead? How does that solve anything? So far all its caused is trouble and the near defeat of the Empire. At this rate he won't have an Empire by the time he wakes up. And if he does, everyone will believe him dead and all his power with be lost.

7. *shrug* could just as easily be explained as, the Emperor still exists as a spirit.

8. No it hasn't. In fact it has been practically stated otherwise that the Voice of the Emperor does not recieve heavy dark side corruption, especially not in the space of a few weeks.

9. Already has.

Now your telling me that this would contradict what the game has told us. But that would only be the case if the game had told us, the Emperor is alive. But it hasn't. In fact its a hotly disputed topic. On one hand the Hand's say he is alive. But on the other hand, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus, Satele Shan and Chancellor Saresh tell us the Emperor is dead. Oh and add the Lead Writer Hall Hood to that list. Someone isn't telling the truth, I think the Hand's are lying, you think everyone else is. We stand on the same uncertain ground.

P.S. That's another question, if the Emperor is alive, why did Hall Hood, the Lead Writer and writer of the JK storyline say the following: "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.” You simply cannot say for certain, that the Emperor is not dead.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but throughout the Makeb storyline I never heard anything like "Hail to the Emperor!" but heard quite often "For the Empire!"

Quite good that he's dead anyway, ultimately he just used the Empire as a tool for his ultimate goal: complete control over everything in the galaxy and nothing left but him (something like that anyway, he wanted to be every politician, farmer, citizen etc)

My SW would rather aid the Empire any day than the Emperor's personal goals

Possibly. But its another question that has to be answered, given the fact that he managed to get another voice in such a short space of time.

There's nothing in the game that would indicate that the Emperor doesn't have multiple voices at his disposal. If memory serves me right, during the Jedi Knight's storyline, he possessed Kira with ease. Maybe he's able to possess a new vessel for his voice, in a similar fashion?

Still, not a very relevant point IMO.

This is something of an exaggeration. We only have to doubt what we've been told if others have told us otherwise. Because in this situation someone is not telling the truth.

It's not an exaggeration. You're questioning what the game says to us, whenever it doesn't fit a particular theory of yours. How is that an exaggeration?

Also, not a single character in the game is, as far as I'm aware, lying. I'll explain what I mean below.

The Hand's tell us it was an unexpected blow. Yet then the writer's have to explain if there is some special ritual needed for the safe transference of the Voice to the body - which further complicates things.

That is something I'd like to know more about, as well. From what I've been able to understand, when it comes to the Voss vessel, the Emperor's Hand was already waiting for the Emperor's essence. In the aftermath of the fight with the Jedi Knight, the Emperor was already weakened, due to the fact that the ritual didn't kickstart the way he wanted and - I assume - due to the fact he had taken another vessel, in a very short time period.

Exactly, only the Wrath and not the rest of the Empire? Why not tell the entire Empire since rumors are going around that the Emperor is dead?

Probably for the same reason that drove the Emperor to be silent, ever since the Treaty of Coruscant? As far as I remember, he says to the Wrath that the petty conflicts that drive both Empire and Republic are beneath his notice.

Nothing. Exactly. And the first Emperor is met on his personal space fortress which has a Gree cloaking device and a Rakatan security grid and power core. It floats above the most secure Sith planet in the galaxy, and nobody is allowed to enter. If this is not where the Emperor's true body is being housed, then I have no idea where. Because you simply can't get any more secure than that. So the Emperor wearing the same clothes in the Dark Temple, which he would have been forced to flee to after his space station was compromised, is likely the real Emperor too.

In the Encyclopedia for the game, it has been established that ever since the incident with Revan, the Exile and the purge of the Dark Council, 300 years ago, the Emperor had designed the whole Voice concept, in order to protect himself from further harm. Thus, the whole real Emperor thing you just described is moot.

We can assume from what has been told to us by the Hand that his real body is somewhere out there in the furthest reaches of known space.

By pretending to be dead? How does that solve anything? So far all its caused is trouble and the near defeat of the Empire. At this rate he won't have an Empire by the time he wakes up. And if he does, everyone will believe him dead and all his power with be lost.

As I said before, he doesn't care about the Empire.

*shrug* could just as easily be explained as, the Emperor still exists as a spirit.

Outside his real body, that's the way he actually exists. The fact he takes a Voice doesn't change that since, despite what may happen to the vessel, the Emperor's essence lives on.

[*]No it hasn't. In fact it has been practically stated otherwise that the Voice of the Emperor does not recieve heavy dark side corruption, especially not in the space of a few weeks.

Why are we discussing a game mechanic here? The emperor is shown in that particular fashion to look evil at the player's eyes, nothing else. Again, it's a game mechanic.

[*]Already has.

Now your telling me that this would contradict what the game has told us. But that would only be the case if the game had told us, the Emperor is alive. But it hasn't. In fact its a hotly disputed topic. On one hand the Hand's say he is alive. But on the other hand, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus, Satele Shan and Chancellor Saresh tell us the Emperor is dead. Oh and add the Lead Writer Hall Hood to that list. Someone isn't telling the truth, I think the Hand's are lying, you think everyone else is. We stand on the same uncertain ground.

You're mistaken...

Darth Malgus says that the Emperor is gone and the Emperor's Hand, as said before, has stated that the Dark Council runs blind and ONLY the Hand knows what the Emperor is truly up to. Also, the fact the Jedi Council and an SiS committee decided to say that the Emperor is dead doesn't make it so. Need I remind that some inside the Council actually believed that the Emperor could be redeemed? Did it make it so? not really.

P.S. That's another question, if the Emperor is alive, why did Hall Hood, the Lead Writer and writer of the JK storyline say the following: "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.” You simply cannot say for certain, that the Emperor is not dead.

A source for that would be great, because if memory serves me right, in one of the latest videos for promoting Makeb, Hall Hood says that the fate of Emperor is a bit unclear...

Big difference I would say.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You seem to be treating me as if I'm some kind of politician, and have a vested interest in believing the Emperor is dead and will therefore fabricate material to make it look like this is the case. I do not, its just what I believe given the material I have been presented with. I'm perfectly happy to change my mind, yet nothing has really convinced me.

This is the way I see it:

The Hand's say the Emperor is dead. They give me no proof, they have reasons to lie, I therefore do not believe them. If the Emperor, in game, came right up to me and said 'I'm alive' then I'd change my mind and it would be illogical to disagree. In that case the game would be telling me the Emperor is alive. However in this case, in-game characters are telling me the Emperor is alive, and providing no proof - big difference. I do not have to believe them.

Especially since Darth Marr has told me that the Emperor is dead, and so has Hall Hood, pretty definitively. I didn't find any evidence of what you said in that video either I'm afraid, perhaps I missed it.

I'm not saying it is the case, but it is a possibility. And if it was the case it wouldn't raise any glaring errors or plot holes but rather correct and fill them.

This is the way I see it:

The Hand's say the Emperor is dead. They give me no proof, they have reasons to lie, I therefore do not believe them. If the Emperor, in game, came right up to me and said 'I'm alive' then I'd change my mind and it would be illogical to disagree. In that case the game would be telling me the Emperor is alive. However in this case, in-game characters are telling me the Emperor is alive, and providing no proof - big difference. I do not have to believe them.

In that case, I will now operate on the assumption that anything said in the game but not actually seen should be ignored, because it's possible everyone in the game is lying to me.

In that case, I will now operate on the assumption that anything said in the game but not actually seen and contradicted by many others in and out of the game should be brought into question, because it's possible its not the truth.
Corrected that for you. :jawa_wink:

Really? Interesting I have not played the JK storyline as was not aware of that. This may very well be the case and explain he continual presence, whereas even a Sith Lord like Sidious couldn't remain in contact with the physical world after his 'death'.

The JC storyline has the Plague Lord (Lord Vivicar) who

exists in this state, his own body is dead but possesses a living host to do his work.

The Emperor could exist in this state too theoretically.

Well like I explained, it is more the possible that the Emperor we see is a second incarnation, and that the Emperor may have died before - as hinted by Hall Hood. This would explain his race. However I must admit I also thought that the mask might be to hide his hybrid pure blood appearance, which, simply put, is beyond the capabilities of whatever skin set they are using in this game. Drew gave him a very complex, ambiguous appearance which is difficult to visualize. But still, it may have been to keep us guessing, and they do where the same robes which would suggest they are the same person...

Thanks for your responses everyone!

The reincarnation theory would also explain why the Sith Warrior ws told he wasn't dead, but the Makeb storyline says he is, the council were expecting him to possess a new host, and for some reason he didn't/couldn't.

You seem to be treating me as if I'm some kind of politician, and have a vested interest in believing the Emperor is dead and will therefore fabricate material to make it look like this is the case. I do not, its just what I believe given the material I have been presented with. I'm perfectly happy to change my mind, yet nothing has really convinced me.

You said it, not me. You may not be fabricating evidence but you are certainly ignoring some lines of dialogue, whenever it fits your needs. If we're not to trust in what the game tells us, what's the point? Again, we may ignore the storylines altogether and just assume every single character in the game has a vivid imagination.

This is the way I see it.

The Hand's say the Emperor is dead. They give me no proof, they have reasons to lie, I therefore do not believe them.

And what proof has the Jedi Council to offer? Exactly. Absolutely nothing.

If the Emperor, in game, came right up to me and said 'I'm alive' then I'd change my mind and it would be illogical to disagree. In that case the game would be telling me the Emperor is alive. However in this case, in-game characters are telling me the Emperor is alive, and providing no proof - big difference. I do not have to believe them.

I ask again: Has Satele and Saresh provided proof that the Emperor is dead?

Especially since Darth Marr has told me that the Emperor is dead, and so has Hall Hood, pretty definitively. I didn't find any evidence of what you said in that video either I'm afraid, perhaps I missed it.

I asked for a link for that and you failed to provide one. Repeating it, over and over won't make it true. Besides, like I mentioned, in the video I provided, Hall Hood says the fate of the Emperor is unclear and Darth Marr doesn't say that the Emperor is dead either in the imperial storyline for Makeb.

I'm not saying it is the case, but it is a possibility. And if it was the case it wouldn't raise any glaring errors or plot holes but rather correct and fill them.

You're not correcting anything at all... You're just ignoring blatant evidence that doesn't fit a particular theory of yours. It doesn't help or benefit the debate, when you try to put aside what the game tells you, whenever you dislike it. Your attitude goes like this...

"Wowwww... Satele, Marr and Malgus say the Emperor is dead, regardless the fact that two of them actually don't. The Emperor's Hand says to the Wrath that he's not dead but what the hell? They're lying and so from hence forth, I'll just announce he's dead. It doesn't matter what the game says to me... Or rather, it does, but only when I find it convenient."

Not trying to be offensive but that's the way you're running your theory. I love this kind of topics but it becomes increasingly hard to discuss, whenever someone tries to DELIBERATELY ignore whatever the game tells to us.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

*snip*
You are misinterpreting my theory for fact. The game has provided us no proof that the Emperor is dead, neither has it provided any evidence that he is alive. We as the player and left to make our own decision, the game practically invites us to do so!

I am not ignoring what the game is telling me, hence why I take what the Hand said into account. You are in the same position as I am, you believe the Emperor is alive, so your giving reasons for why what Marr and Satele say is not indicative of the truth. I am doing the same but for the opposing side, neither of us can say we are right, but we can give reasons for why are side is more likely. So really we should not be getting bogged down in whether this stance can be adopted or not, and instead actually debate the theory itself. Your stance is valid, my stance is valid. You say that you'd like to have this debate, yet seem to be attempting to knock the chair from under my argument, rendering it entirely moot. What do you want me to say? "My stance is entirely wrong and cannot be upheld in anyway /unsubscribe and delete thread.

And as for the link, I'm afraid your just going to have to trust that I didn't make it up. As I said in by post the podcast is no longer available, if you can get hold of it, that would be great.

Hall Hood interview said the Knight destroyed the Emperor's body.

IN other words his true body. Remember he wasn't fazed when the voice on Voss died but suddenly is extremely weakened when his voice on DK dies? No Bioware's 'amazing storylines' are long gone. Knight destroyed his true body, forget older canon.

He is at best a force ghost looking for something else to possess.

It's extremely obvious that Darth Marr is going to take the forefront for a while.

Edited by maxetius