Theory on the Emperor's Fate [SPOILERS]

Beniboybling

It would make the JK storyline redundant and pointless if he/she didn't kill the Emperor. And since JK storyline is directly linked with Revan novel, it would make Meetra's and Revan's sacrifice ridiculous, as well as Scourge's decision.

Emperor is not restricted to a single class. He is a major plot point in every class' storyline. If you meant that every class should be able to fight him, then you are asking for a lame cheap content. That I just cannot approve.

That is a point, I hadn't considered that Scourge in fact had a vision of the Jedi Knight defeating the Emperor. The real Emperor. To be quite honest, the idea that it was simply another voice seems quite out of place.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a point, I hadn't considered that Scourge in fact had a vision of the Jedi Knight defeating the Emperor. The real Emperor. To be quite honest, the idea that it was simply another voice seems quite out of place.

"Out of place" is the mildest possible term for something like that. :)

Edited by Path-x

I agree with most of what you are thinking, after playing the JK story came away from Voss thinking that Sel Makor had taught the Emperor how to become a living mass of energy within the Force much like Sel Makor is. So when the knight kills what I believed to be the Emperor's real body (the Revan Novel be dammed) the disappearance of his body was him transforming in to such a mass of energy. Thus paving the way for the hand to tell the SW that the Emperor is alive and in a new voice recovering. This also means a sacrifice of the Knight or the Consular will be necessary to destroy the Emperor for good.

I thought Sel Makor was referring to Darth Baras when it mentioned the sith who visited it.

Vitiate was/is a pure-blooded male sith, so it's obvious the JK didn't kill his real body. As shown on Voss, killing the 'voice' has zero effect on the Emperor besides being a massive inconvenience until he gets another one.

Your point about him being enraged at the JK is valid, until you remember that the Emperor has actually known for some time who his would be murderer is. He was genuinely trying to kill you first, and his rage was likely due to the fact that you've inconvenienced him.

What he did to his home planet made his original body immortal, so it's highly plausible that he returns to it when he's not possessing something. Voices are likely just an additional protection against inevitable Sith murder plots.

Vitiate was/is a pure-blooded male sith, so it's obvious the JK didn't kill his real body. As shown on Voss, killing the 'voice' has zero effect on the Emperor besides being a massive inconvenience until he gets another one.

Your point about him being enraged at the JK is valid, until you remember that the Emperor has actually known for some time who his would be murderer is. He was genuinely trying to kill you first, and his rage was likely due to the fact that you've inconvenienced him.

What he did to his home planet made his original body immortal, so it's highly plausible that he returns to it when he's not possessing something. Voices are likely just an additional protection against inevitable Sith murder plots.

Well take into account Hall Hood's comment that this may not be the first time the Emperor has died. Indicating that his original Sith pureblood body has since been destroyed.

Also the distinction between the death of the Voice and the death of the supposed Emperor is far greater than simply be enraged. Not only was the Emperor enraged but evidently wounded 'if I die, everything dies with me' itself indicates an actual death. As does the fact that the Emperor goes effectively silent soon after and rampant speculation about his death emerges. Would it not be in the Emperor's best interests to quell these rumors? But if he has experienced a bodily death, he is not at liberty to do that.

I mean, surely he would have just hopped into another body and carried on ruling?

You've misinterpreted my argument here, I am not arguing that the Emperor is completely and totally dead, but has experienced a total bodily death. I wholeheartedly agree that the Emperor likely still exists in a spiritual form and his fate is uncertain. If anything this only supports the notion that the Voice's were not telling the truth, else the Emperor's fate would not be uncertain. Further thoughts on the matter:

"...But like I said, he goes on to say, or at least hints, that the Emperor lives on in some sort of spiritual form. And hints that he may return. He also mentions something else interesting; he implies that this isn't the first time the Emperor's body has died. So perhaps whilst being the Emperor, it was the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th incarnation of him. Hence him not being Sith or some sort of hybrid like he is presented in Revan. Personally, I’d like to see the Emperor return in another update – the option is has certainly been left open. And Vitiate wouldn't be the first Sith to escape from Chaos..."

The idea that the Emperor has not in-fact experienced a bodily death however, and that the body destroyed by the JK was simply another Voice seems to be contradicted by Hall Hood's words.

But perhaps there is room for interpretation. Perhaps the Emperor no longer has a true body and is solely comprised of Voice's... which would make what the Hand's told us to be true, from a certain point of view.

i have always wondered how the knight simply wakened the emperor since according to the hand he only killed the voice. However i did have a theory that the children of the emperor each have a small piece of him in their minds and when his voice dies his spirit has gone into a new "child".

This then made me think well it would make sense as at the same time as the knight the consular killed many children and i even believe that on illum your are told that all seem to be dead (on the empire side) so his weakened state could be due to the lack of a new body to instantly posses.

Well take into account Hall Hood's comment that this may not be the first time the Emperor has died. Indicating that his original Sith pureblood body has since been destroyed.

Also the distinction between the death of the Voice and the death of the supposed Emperor is far greater than simply be enraged. Not only was the Emperor enraged but evidently wounded 'if I die, everything dies with me' itself indicates an actual death. As does the fact that the Emperor goes effectively silent soon after and rampant speculation about his death emerges. Would it not be in the Emperor's best interests to quell these rumors? But if he has experienced a bodily death, he is not at liberty to do that.

I mean, surely he would have just hopped into another body and carried on ruling?

Or it could indicate that this isn't the first time a voice has died, which is infinitely more likely. Vitiate has been capable of controlling others since before he ate the planet that gave him his godlike powers, that ability is what enabled him to force several dozen sith lords to help him carry out the ritual in the first place.

As for the last part, it's stated that he doesn't really feel anything anymore except cold simmering rage as a byproduct of his immortality and, one would assume, a generally evil sociopathic monster since he was born. It makes sense he'd want the JK to think he's actually dead, because the Emperor had visions of the JK killing him off for real. Keep in mind that we're talking about an immortal here. Waiting a few decades for his the one destined to kill him to die of old age is an easy decision to make. Or there could be any other number of reasons. For all we know, the dread masters going nutso (which he knew would happen, as they're only loyal to him) was part of the master plan.

Or it could indicate that this isn't the first time a voice has died, which is infinitely more likely. Vitiate has been capable of controlling others since before he ate the planet that gave him his godlike powers, that ability is what enabled him to force several dozen sith lords to help him carry out the ritual in the first place.

As for the last part, it's stated that he doesn't really feel anything anymore except cold simmering rage as a byproduct of his immortality and, one would assume, a generally evil sociopathic monster since he was born. It makes sense he'd want the JK to think he's actually dead, because the Emperor had visions of the JK killing him off for real. Keep in mind that we're talking about an immortal here. Waiting a few decades for his the one destined to kill him to die of old age is an easy decision to make. Or there could be any other number of reasons. For all we know, the dread masters going nutso (which he knew would happen, as they're only loyal to him) was part of the master plan.

Well it seems to me that Hood was specifically referring to the Emperor, not his Voice. The distinction has been made between Voice and Emperor so I'm not sure why Hood wouldn't just confirm it was a Voice rather than saying the Emperor's body died. After all the Voice is not the Emperor's body is it? We wouldn't refer to the Voss Voice as the Emperor's body. I mean especially in the way that Hood talks about spirits living on without their bodies and the Emperor 'putting himself back together' seems to imply it wasn't just another Voice. Else the portion of his spirit in that body would just be ferried back to the Emperor's body and all would be well.

Also it would mean the statement would be rendered practically redundant. What news is he telling us? We know the Voice has died before, we experienced it in game, and anyone who's read the SWTOR Encyclopedia or Blood of the Empire would know this is definitely not the first voice, but one of several. It just seems to me that if that were the case, he would just be telling us what we already now. But hey, perhaps he is.

And I don't know, we can pluck it apart all we like but in the end that line was written by the guys at BioWare. And I can't say I'm convinced that the Emperor was trying to make his death look real. It just seems to overcomplicate things. And as far as we are aware, the Emperor has had no visions of the JK destroying him.

• 2 weeks later...
maybe the "voice" killed by the JK was some kind of i dont know "horcrux"? maybe the emperor split his soul (i dont know how many times) and put each of them into possesed beings or objects
That is an interesting thought. It is possible that the Emperor could have more than one Voice (and possibly no body at all) but I suppose we shall see.